Jason Garrett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Garrett

Maybe. But just because someone went to an Ivy League school doesn’t make them a football genius, or even a genius of any kind. And I’m willing to bet that the correlation between the greatest football minds of the last 50 years and an Ivy League degree is very low.
This is probably true, but Ivy League graduates probably make up around 1% or less of total graduates, so even it if there was a correlation it might not be obvious.

I'm still going with my prediction from several months ago. Next year he will be HC for the Giants

You mean this upcoming season?
Yes. This season is over yet.
I think Jerry let's him go in the next few days. I have no doubt behind the scenes he's talked with Meyers and Riley. Who are my top for the Dallas job.

Dude was an assistant in Miami years ago -- and seen at the time as

a rising O wizzer type with pie in the sky potential as a maven HC!

Problem is -- after Jerry Jones sodomized him for like 10 years

the man is sore and burnt... Rumor has it he'll need at least 18-24

months in rehab before he's "sound" again.

:lol:

Garrett was a QB coach for us during the 2005-2006 seasons. I don’t think we’d hire him, I don’t see what good he could do for us right now. I’d rather keep Caldwell in that role.
Calwell?

Schuplinsky is QB coach, and I've never seen confirmation Caldwell is coming back. Not that he was ever really here.

Maybe. But just because someone went to an Ivy League school doesn’t make them a football genius, or even a genius of any kind. And I’m willing to bet that the correlation between the greatest football minds of the last 50 years and an Ivy League degree is very low.

To be fair Fitzpatrick scored a 48/50 on the Wonderlic test which happens to be the highest ever recorded by a QB (and good for the third highest score overall). He has made his entire career off of having a high football IQ and mediocre arm talent.

Calwell?

Schuplinsky is QB coach, and I've never seen confirmation Caldwell is coming back. Not that he was ever really here.
Caldwell does want to return to the sidelines in 2020, as Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes.

Rumor sure, but apparently he wants to return. They also say he’s going to get some HC looks. As of right now shup is the assistant QB coach. Caldwell is the AHC, and QB coach.

Last edited:
Never been a fan. Never understood what people saw in him.

Back
Top Bottom