Jason Gildon To Be Released June 1st | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Gildon To Be Released June 1st

pigskinguy said:
So nobody here is concerned with our lack of depth at LB? I'm tellin' ya, it could come back and bites in the a$$.

I'm a little worried. I don't like the fact that we don't have any "real experience" backing up Thomas, Seau, and Greenwood. That's a concern if someone goes down, and we all know that's highly possible in the NFL....

Adding LB J. Gildon wouldn't be bad. I'm not sure what he has left, but I know the guy always plays tough. It certainly wouldn't hurt to consider signing him....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

I think he got it from PFC not sure this is our top story.

Steelers LB Jason Gildon To Be Released June 1st

NFL Insider Phil Gentles reported on last night's Pro Football Central Radio that starting Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon will officially be released on June 1st. The team has informed him of his release late last week and has allowed him to continue working out in there facilities. Gildon, who was drafted by the Steelers in 94 and is the Steelers all time leading sack leader with 77 sacks.

http://www.profootballcentral.com

I dont think we have a shot at landing him, because after the FO locks up Ogun and hopefully CC there wont be much left. Even in the twilight of Gildons career he is better than alot of LB's in this league, so I dont see him taking the vets minimum.

Do you guys understand we don't have the cash to sign him? Not only that but we have our 3 starters from last year returning, as well as our 2nd round pick from 2003. Just because our depth at LB is "bad" does that mean we should go and sign Gildon? No, because this is the NFL, with a cap, and with a cap, you are going to limited to how many positions you can have that are solid until the very end. We have more important stuff to worry about, such as

-Extending CC, Surtain etc.
-Trying to possibly sign another WR after the June 1st Cuts
-Trying to get O-guns deal done

Lots to take care of besides "LB Depth"

Agree with thundercane... The way to solve our problem at depth is to draft an IMPACT LB, one who's not just expected to contribute on special teams... Bua may be the next diamond in the rough like ZT and I hope so, but we can't just keep banking on things like this... Moore must step up this year to prove his value asa 2nd rder... He's said to have good range, which is a must for our swarming type of defense... Im really rooting for him this offseason... My hopes and prayers (haha) are with the sucess of these guys in this order:
1) AJ Feely
1a) Eddie Moore
2) Vernon Carey
2a) David Boston...
Boston is only so "low" because qb is an impact position, our OL needs a significant upgrade of youth and talent, and so does our LB corps. We fin fans need to realize that a 70 catch season/ 5-7 td season by Boston is a success... between the 300+ touches that ricky gets, and then the receptions by Chambers, Mcmichael, and RW, there shouldn't be that many balls left to go around...
ODD MAN OUT: sorry but thats our FB, whose name slips my mind right now, but I remember every year that we promise him more involvement in the offense...

Our FB is Rob Konrad....and he was heavily involved 2 years ago, last year we failed to use him as much as we had promised.

I am hoping Taylor Whitney steps it up. he was drafted last year to start this year or next year.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm not too sure if Gildon fits our style or scheme.

Agree, he is not a LB for our scheme, he is pass rusher in a 3-4. If you ask me, we pass. Anyone who thinks he is an upgrade over JR. has not watched Gilden the last few years. He has definately lost a step.

I think with the contract extensions this team wants to put in place, that even with possibly signing ogun we will have enough cap space to sign Gildon. I dont think he will demand alot of money, and I think we are looking at one year left with Seau and thats without injury. He doesn't fit our scheme? No seau doesn't fit our scheme. But Seau does do things exceptionally well, which is the case with Gildon. I could see a Lb rotation of Gildon,Seau that would confuse other teams and just cause utter chaos. Sign Gildon for 3 yrs and let Seau go after this year.

I think the jets, and pats would be interested when he gets released...

I'm not saying we need Gildon per se. I am saying we need ANYONE with some experience.....we have NO depth at LB. I am more worried about this than I am about the new OC, Wanny, the new OL, kicking from the dirt, Ricky's pot habit, Ogun not signed, T. Bowens being bigger than my house, who's gonna be our 3rd WR, and even the possiblity of Feidler being the starter again (OK maybe not that last one, but you get the point :D ).
But since I seem to be one of the only ones who feels this way maybe, hopefully I am wrong.

take it from a dolphin fan from pittsburgh the steelers only reason they are cutting gildon loose is because of money,who ever said he is old and on the decline is 100%wrong trust me on that.yes he would be a big time up-grade at linebacker but as some touched on,the dolphins can not afford him.i would expect the eagles to make a strong push for him.

Back
Top Bottom