Jason Peters? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Peters?

joeylats

Club Member
Reaction score
Why not bring him in on a 1 year contract? Let him groom the rooks and help keep
qb upright this year.He may not have much left in the tank[pun intended] but is great
locker room guy with alot of experience

I have mentioned this a few times myself and Peters would make a good mentor to a 20 year old kid like Jackson.

I dont know how much Peters has got left in the tank though, or what salary he wants

Agree. Good idea. All these lineman are not going to be ready.

We don't have the money under the cap. We're sitting at 20mill before we get all the 11 players we drafted under contract and 3 of them are first round picks. You also need about 5mill for in season moves. I highly doubt we get any vets unless is for the min

We don't have the money under the cap. We're sitting at 20mill before we get all the 11 players we drafted under contract and 3 of them are first round picks. You also need about 5mill for in season moves. I highly doubt we get any vets unless is for the min

I would imagine that at 38 Peters contract would be fairly reasonable

Kelvin Beachum is another option out there, hes a vet whose had some solid seasons for the Jets. I think that we will probably wanna throw Austin Jackson right out there and learn on the job. OT is a position that they say you develop by letting them play. I also think those guys have been sitting out waiting until a spot opens up where they can sign and play

We aren’t going to carry the 90 guys under contract currently. We have plenty of cap room.

We aren’t going to carry the 90 guys under contract currently. We have plenty of cap room.
Plenty might be a bit of an overstatement... especially considering the rookies to sign still.. Anyways I believe the top 51 or so only count towards the cap. So all (or most) teams use the 90 player limit throughout the summer.

Anyways though, I would be good with signing peters to help groom Jackson for sure if he’s cheap enough

With our top 51 we're at 20mill under the cap. Now you add 11 draft picks and we won't have much left. We also don't have many players we can cut to give us space. Wilson is really the one but since we drafted no WR's I believe they're going to keep him. I have nothing against Peters, I just don't see it happening.

Plenty might be a bit of an overstatement... especially considering the rookies to sign still.. Anyways I believe the top 51 or so only count towards the cap. So all (or most) teams use the 90 player limit throughout the summer.

Anyways though, I would be good with signing peters to help groom Jackson for sure if he’s cheap enough

I meant simply players we think is on the roster, isn’t going to be. We have a lot of cutting to do.

Only the top 3 rounds count towards the cap until final rosters. We should have 10 milish in cap. That is my idea of plenty.

Dang... I didnt know that 20M included our rookie reserve

clearly Miami wants to go younger and cheaper. Why sign Peters?

They may throw the young OL guys through the ringer early but if Tua is physically ready I hope they go with the best OL over youth.

Back
Top Bottom