Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins

I don't know why he couldn't just wait like 5 more days to see where things stood with the Dolphins. They told him they would address it after the draft.
I think he jumped the gun and now finds himself on the outside looking in.

So long JT - it was fun while it lasted.

What happens if the Dolphins passed on him? If the Jets drafted a pass rusher and had no need for him? If the few other teams that were interested in him did the same? It's a risk for him to wait if there's an offer on the table right now.

Taylor said he turned down an offer made to him in November 2009 to play next season for the same $1 million base salary he played for last year. He said that offer was off the table by December. No other offer came.

well apparently he had an offer for a month. I mean honestly, with all due respect to JT and what he has done for this organization, I don't blame the Dolphins for not offering more. They offered him what they thought was fair and he wanted more. If it was really about staying in Miami, he would have signed that offer. Eitherway, he is near the end of his career and whether we signed him or not, we are drafting a young pass rusher. It is what it is plain and simple.

I'm a Jets fan and I'm keeping up with what the Jets are doing more than the Dolphins. It was mentioned why he didn't wait till after the draft. I believe he didn't wait because Rex and the Jets needed his decision before the draft so they could plan a strategy and get the BPA rather than get another pass rusher. it's possible that he was probably given an ultimatum by the Jets and it would expire 24hrs before the draft. Apparently he didn't feel the Dolphins would match what the Jets were offering, or that he would even be given an offer. They gave him an offer he couldn't refuse basically. Maybe the Dolphins thought JT was bluffing and didn't feel he'd sign with the enemy. For that money, I don't think you guys can blame him.

or just maybe they didn't care - or even calculated that the Fins would be stronger with JT facing them from across the LOS?

Ugh, I hate the fact that he is going to play for the Jets. But he is right, Dolphins never made him an offer.
They offered him an extension in November, which he passed on. To me, that's not doing everything he can to stay with the Dolphins.

He tried to get them in a bidding war by negotiating through the media and it didn't work.

They were working on the Dansby Deal, the Marshall signing and the draft.

He is STILL basically negotiating through the media.

Parcells & Ireland seem to have been very fair, honest and direct with him, and in return JT has slimed them every step of the way. Basically exactly the same way he did 2 years ago.

Would an extra million really of been that big of a deal? I mean...really? We just gave a wife beater 20+ mill guaranteed and JT has been nothing but great for this franchise.

The Jets offered him a great contract that was more then double what he made w/the fins. Of course he's going to sign it especially since there were NO OFFERS MADE BY THE DOLPHINS even after the jets made their offer.

But some fans think he should have waited patiently to see if Miami could find someone to replace him in the draft, then if not maybe they offer him some pathetic vet minimum contract, MAYBE.

Simply amazing......... :rolleyes2:

The Jets offered him a great contract that was more then double what he made w/the fins. Of course he's going to sign it especially since there were NO OFFERS MADE BY THE DOLPHINS even after the jets made their offer.

But some fans think he should have waited patiently to see if Miami could find someone to replace him in the draft, then if not maybe they offer him some pathetic vet minimum contract, MAYBE.

Simply amazing......... :rolleyes2:

Exactly. Here JT, here is 2 mill or what not. What exactly is going to change AFTER the draft with his situation? Nothing. Just pay the ****ing guy for at least TRYING to be loyal. Bill Parcells has pissed me off, ****in wide ***.

It's unfortunate J.T. You could have ended your career a dolphin and enjoy a legacy and career after football like Dan Marino. **** You!!!!

Exactly. Here JT, here is 2 mill or what not. What exactly is going to change AFTER the draft with his situation? Nothing. Just pay the ****ing guy for at least TRYING to be loyal. Bill Parcells has pissed me off, ****in wide ***.

I think FO wanted to see if they got lucky and drafted someone to replace him. If so, they definitely wouldn't offer him anything. If he didn't take the Jets offer that's what they would have done.

But yet many posters here think he should have waited to see if he was going to lose his job to some 22 year old. :rolleyes2:

what a bunch of bull****.

i read a million times the front office wanted to take care of the situation after the draft. why couldnt jason taylor wait until then? that means he DIDNT try everything.

our front office is focusing on our draft we have 10 picks we also been trying to get a extra 2nd rounder.

LOL how pathetic.

He tried everything to stay with the Phins? REALLY??? So does that NOT include waiting a few more days for the Phins???

Obviously you didn't try everything. Had you waited till after the draft, then maybe alot more people wouldn't consider everything out of your mouth as BS.

I just don't understand the reasoning. He absolute DOES NOT NEED the money so screw that garbage excuse. If it was about the money AT ALL he should know endorsement deals in Miami as a lifer would be worth MUCH MORE than 2 million... just ask Shula and Marino.

Now if its about him wanting to play, then he could have waited until after the draft to weigh out the options. I just don't see what the difference is. Good riddance making room for new talent. Forces Wake to step up and show us we made the right decision throwing him in there. Having Taylor gone doesn't hurt us as much as the Jets think it will help them.

I think FO wanted to see if they got lucky and drafted someone to replace him. If so, they definitely wouldn't offer him anything. If he didn't take the Jets offer that's what they would have done.

But yet many posters here think he should have waited to see if he was going to lose his job to some 22 year old. :rolleyes2:

If he is that threatened by a 22 year old rookie, then its good he didnt resign when he was offered a contract. By Jason's own words, he gambled when he passed on the contract, feeling that he would get a better offer, and he lost that gamble. If he really was "trying to do everything he could to stay with the team" he should have just signed the contract we offered him. Its that simple.

For the second time in 3 years, JT tried to bluff his way out of a situation...and for the second time in 3 years, we called it. Our FO has been up front with him since day 1, and yet he's been screwing around for awhile now.
Last season, after the draft, we brought him back because he was buying into what we were doing. This season, we extended a hand, and he didnt buy into the situation, so we left him hanging. Anyway you cut it, its his own damn fault.(Hell, had he not demanded a trade and the bull**** that ensued a few years back, in all likely hood he would still be on the team).

Hopefully next offseason, for the first time in 3 years, we can have no JT drama and he and Favre can write a book together called "Wanting to have the cake and eating it too".

Seriously can everyone stop making it seem like he is going to be on the Jets for 2 years and see 13 million.
He will play one year and make 3.75 if he meets all of his incentives.
People are making it seem like he got a outstanding contract.
How much money has he made as a Dolphin?

Anyway I dont see him helping the Jets that much.
Im not worried about him anyway.
Would of been nice to have but only as a situational player.

Back
Top Bottom