Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins

I question just how much his heart will be into playing for the Jets this season.

I have no hard feelings about JT taking the best offer made to him, even if he is a jet now. The fact is , the jets overpayed for his services. He is old news and I cant say I am upset that we did not act more aggresivily in signing him. Its just too bad we could not get a 2nd rd pick for him again, LOL.

JT trying to paint himself as the victim. They told him they would wait until after the draft to make a decision, that's why the offer wasn't on the table. **** Jason Taylor. I'm sure he'll enjoy watching us yet again when the division without him. Again, **** you Jason Taylor.

JT trying to paint himself as the victim. They told him they would wait until after the draft to make a decision, that's why the offer wasn't on the table. **** Jason Taylor. I'm sure he'll enjoy watching us yet again when the division without him. Again, **** you Jason Taylor.

You are really showing your age, throwing out expletives to a guy that tried his hardest to play for us.

You don't think the Jets didn't care if he waited til after the draft to address their offer?

The Jets needed to game plan for their draft just as much as we did.

In all likely hood, the Jets told JT the offer expires the day before the draft. Take it or leave it.

JT wanted to be a Dolphin, it's clear as day. And it's also VERY obvious we didn't really feel he was a priority AT ALL.

Oh well.

You are really showing your age, throwing out expletives to a guy that tried his hardest to play for us.

You don't think the Jets didn't care if he waited til after the draft to address their offer?

In all likely hood, the Jets told JT the offer expires the day before the draft. Take it or leave it.

JT wanted to be a Dolphin, it's clear as day. And it's also VERY obvious we didn't really feel he was a priority AT ALL.

Oh well.
He was told no decision was to be made until after the draft, end of story. The Fo is doing what is right for the team, not catering to JT's needs. He went to the Jets, **** em.

The whole situation is FUBAR.

You can't blame JT for wanting something a little more concrete than "we'll think about maybe offering you something after the draft"

You can't blame our FO for not being afraid to be cut throat with respect to making sure performance comes before nostalgia.

Fat Ryan on the other hand probably hopes JT will have a little something extra for the Jets Dolphins games. Hope hes wrong and JT bombs this year

I understand our teams decision, but at the same time, he DID produce for us last season at a ridiculously cheap contract.

Even if we drafted an OLB early on and wanted to develop him, JT could have still added at least SOME value to the team. It's not like we would have had to give him big money.

I understand the direction, I just don't understand why they didn't give him an offer for at least this season. The guy is a Dolphin. Sucks it has to be this way when he REALLY wanted to stay and it seems that Parcells did get offended.

The bottom line in my opinion was, you could of still had a 10 + sack guy, for minimal money. Instead, they let him go, and to a division rival. Stupid move by Parcells and Ireland not to take care of this after the season was over. They didnt use him well last year at all, taking him off the field on 3rd down passing situations. If he was healthy all last year, and they would of used him right, he would of had another double digit sack year.

The bottom line in my opinion was, you could of still had a 10 + sack guy, for minimal money. Instead, they let him go, and to a division rival. Stupid move by Parcells and Ireland not to take care of this after the season was over. They didnt use him well last year at all, taking him off the field on 3rd down passing situations. If he was healthy all last year, and they would of used him right, he would of had another double digit sack year.

100% agreed to all of this

Why should he wait till after the draft? I mean Pennington resigned, Ferguson resigned, and is suspened 8 games. Why should he wait?

That is up to him. Bottom line is the dolphins HAD to wait til after the draft to see if his services were needed. I don't see how he could fit in again this year but if we miss out on all OLBs in the draft then I can see where maybe they would have resigned him.

Personally I think it couldn't have worked out better. Not only does he leave us which makes us better, but he takes his "no playoff" curse to our enemy. We got rid of our two softest players. With Ginn gone and JT gone we can be who TS and Parcells have envisioned.

From the way he played it, it proves he is who they thought he was. He is, and always has been, a "me first" player. He disappears in big games, and plays worse as the season wears on. I think JT is a classy person, and will always be remembered as a fin, but we will win more games without him, IMO.

Oh well.

Priority?? I can gurantee that the FO didn't consider him a "priority". I also can gurantee there isn't a single guy in the FO who is losing sleep over him going to the jets. People this is a business and JT is not the player he was 4-6 years ago. This is not a bad thing. Personally I think it is just another element of the fins/jets storyline. We got Penny from them (a backup) and they got JT (a backup). Life goes on.

I see several of you made the comment that JT shouldn't have to wait til after the draft because there may be no other teams that need him. If we get our player in the draft and then there are no other teams that offer him a deal post draft then he would be hung out to dry, so to speak.

Stop and think about that for a second. If he is a player that could possibly be out of work if the jets or us don't sign him, then what is the big deal about? People he isn't that good any more. He is probably right, there probably wouldn't have been another team that would have signed him. Only the jets who overpaid for him, and how great is that?? Let him go there. Sounds like a match made in heaven....at least for us.

Bye JT, and **** you.

WOW...... Way to make yourself look like an idiot. The guy is a Jet and it makes me sick. But your talking about a guy who was the heart and soul of our D for years. Maybe pump the breaks a little bit...

If he is that threatened by a 22 year old rookie, then its good he didnt resign when he was offered a contract. By Jason's own words, he gambled when he passed on the contract, feeling that he would get a better offer, and he lost that gamble. If he really was "trying to do everything he could to stay with the team" he should have just signed the contract we offered him. Its that simple.

For the second time in 3 years, JT tried to bluff his way out of a situation...and for the second time in 3 years, we called it. Our FO has been up front with him since day 1, and yet he's been screwing around for awhile now.
Last season, after the draft, we brought him back because he was buying into what we were doing. This season, we extended a hand, and he didnt buy into the situation, so we left him hanging. Anyway you cut it, its his own damn fault.(Hell, had he not demanded a trade and the bull**** that ensued a few years back, in all likely hood he would still be on the team).

Hopefully next offseason, for the first time in 3 years, we can have no JT drama and he and Favre can write a book together called "Wanting to have the cake and eating it too".

Yea, they offered him practically the vet min in NOV and yanked the offer less then 30 days later. WOW, the FO really tried to sign him after he played well above what he was getting payed.

Now, they want him to wait after the draft to see of they can get someone to fill his position while the Jets offer a contract that is more then double what he made last year. Are you really that dense???? What happens to him if he waits till after the draft the the fins tell him to take a hike they got someone to replace him???? The Jets are not going to wait till after the draft, they need to plan for the future as well.
So, he can either get payed more then double what he made last year or probably not get payed @ all.........easy decision.

To blame him for not waiting around for Parcells and company to decide whether or not they want him is not JT's fault. If you can't understand that then you really are lost. :rolleyes2:

FO didn't think we needed him, asked him to wait

JT took the offer worried about his market after the draft if the jets pulled back the offer.

I really don't see a big deal. It's business...The FO has a plan that doesn't see him as an integral part. They aren't going to rush out and sign JT because of what several crying fans who can't let go think.

Back
Top Bottom