Jason Taylor's Trade Value? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor's Trade Value?

Shifty187 said:
I've got 2 words for you!

Erasmus James!

I have three words for you!

Pro Bowler -vs- Rookie

As I said, no pick can immediately fill the gap the trade would leave.

Celtkin said:
I have three words for you!

Pro Bowler -vs- Rookie

As I said, no pick can immediately fill the gap the trade would leave.

He could have 9-13 sacks as a rook if hes healthy!

His ankle is the only reason he isnt projected as a top 5 pick!

Shifty187 said:
I've got 2 words for you!

Erasmus James!

You're comparing the best defensive end in the NFL to a guy who has never played a snap and has injury issues.

James could not hold JT's jock.

What is JT's trade worth? Nothing. The cap hit and dead money would be rediculous. You also DO NOT EVER trade the best player in the game at his said position.

Every player can be traded or cut. No one is safe. Forget the cap, no player is ever safe. Jason, Zach, Sam can be cut or traded. The heart and sole is BS. Seau, the H&S of the Chargers D was traded to us to a late pick. Tennessee just cut 27 mil of their cap. Just two examples, no one is safe. Didn't JJ go into the 1996 season with 10-15 mil of wasted money? Yes. Jimmy got rid of the dead wood and because of that, we've have a better D. Plus all the talk of Jim Bates, Bates didn't build this D, Jimmy and George Hill did.

unifiedtheory said:
You're comparing the best defensive end in the NFL to a guy who has never played a snap and has injury issues.

James could not hold JT's jock.

What is JT's trade worth? Nothing. The cap hit and dead money would be rediculous. You also DO NOT EVER trade the best player in the game at his said position.

1. Could u ride Taylors jock any harder?:rolleyes:

2. J.T. is one of my favorite players but hes not untradable! Hes a pure speed rusher that relies on speed and athleticism to get the job done! You people need to face the facts that we're rebuilding and that players like J.T. (whos 31) will no longer be the stars they are now when we're ready to contend!

3. Erasmus James (if he can stay healthy) will be a Pro Bowl caliber DE!

JT isnt going anywhere..why even discuss it?...hes easily worth a first tho...EASILY

Shifty187 said:
1. Could u ride Taylors jock any harder?:rolleyes:

2. J.T. is one of my favorite players but hes not untradable! Hes a pure speed rusher that relies on speed and athleticism to get the job done! You people need to face the facts that we're rebuilding and that players like J.T. (whos 31) will no longer be the stars they are now when we're ready to contend!

3. Erasmus James (if he can stay healthy) will be a Pro Bowl caliber DE!

James will prob be good, I'll give ya that...but he's no Jason Taylor. JT isnt just a pure speed rusher, he's a balenced DE that is better at rushing the QB but plays the run well, and has terrifying speed. I'd guess that JT, even at 31, could get a first in return, but I dont wanna see him go (he's my favorite current Fin).

I have got to admit, reading finheaven anymore get's me depressed. I guess I'm just old. I've been a Dolphin fan since the team was formed and when you identified with the players as much as the team. So many posters now days don't seem to give a damn about players. Willing to dump even the most productive players, if it means someone younger or faster. Why do players like J.T., Zach, Surtain, Randy Mac, etc. deserve such lack of respect. I am glad I don't work for many of you. It's like an employee that gives his heart and soul to a company, only for the company to get rid of him rather than having to pay him a pension.

Why are we even talking about this? JT is pretty much sealed for life with the Dolphins as is Zach Thomas. Well, at the very least it is those two who diserve the most to start and finish their careers with the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom