Javon Walker? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Javon Walker?

a player doesn't lose his money if he gets hurt. Most contracts have a stipulation that states a ancentive is reached if the player participates in x amount of snaps. A player can't be cut because he gets injured and payed nothing. Poole will still get his money even if he is placed on the IR

A player can be cut or forced to renogiate at the team's wim if he has a bad year. and he can absolutely be paid nothing more by his current team if he's hurt entering his final contract year. Look the bottom line is the collective bargaining agreement the players ratified was horrible for them (good for the fans & owners) and in certain cases (a very small percentage) I can understand a player using whatever little leverage they have to get more money....

Doktor Ivel said:
he prolly is askiong way to much, since hes holding out for Green Bay, but he had a breakout season last year, and he doesnt get along with Brett Favre....

but i am guessing he wants way to much money

askiong?

I was refering to injury and not performance. Someone stated that a player can be cut when hurt and the team has no obligation to pay him. This is the part that I was refering to. There are certain situation where I can understand a player using leverage to improve there position. But I hate it. Walker has had one good year he should suit up and play for a larger contract this year.

AZfinfan said:
I was refering to injury and not performance. Someone stated that a player can be cut when hurt and the team has no obligation to pay him. This is the part that I was refering to. There are certain situation where I can understand a player using leverage to improve there position. But I hate it. Walker has had one good year he should suit up and play for a larger contract this year.

Agreed.

I support NFL players trying to get everthing they can all the time.

They have short careers and when they leave the game none of them are ever healthy again.

The team can cut a guy whenever they want to so I think it is only fair that if a player feels he is getting screwed he should try to get more. It's not like the NFL is broke. The NFL players get the shaft and I hope they screw the owners on the next CBA.

As far as I am concerned Favre should shut his mouth...he's the one playing with a 100 million dollar contract.

unifiedtheory said:
As far as I am concerned Favre should shut his mouth...he's the one playing with a 100 million dollar contract.

He's earned it.

If a player is under contract, he should show up and play. If he wants a better contract, then he needs to prove he can be effective for the entire duration of his current contract. I hate the holding out and I blame a good part of it on the agents.

Schleprock said:
Seriously, For the love of Christ people...what is in some of yours coffee today?? We have this thread asking about someone who is under contract on another team and have no possible shot at...and another thread asking what WR we can move to corner because we lost Poole :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yeah lets trade brock for him. they need a qb since farve will be retiring. :roflmao: :roflmao:

brech10 said:
I see your point about players honoring their contract, but in a way...they have some right. NFL contracts are not guaranteed so if a player blows out a knee or has a bad season they get cut, right? So isn't the team not honoring the contract.

Basically, why should a player "honor his contract" when his employer has such a long history of not honoring anybody's contract.

Teams give player signing bonuses to compensate for the possiblility of not honoring their side of the contract.

Convince a player to sign a deal with NO signing bonus then that player would have the same right to cancel the deal that the team would have.

finmann said:
I hate this trend of so many players holding out to renegotiate their contracts. It seems like this year has been the most that I can remember for a long time, in fact the most that I can remember ever. Players should honour their contracts period.

Read the "greedy" thread.

So if a player should "honor" their contracts PERIOD, shouldnt a team also? I mean we cut Fiedler, but he had a contract and he honored it, we should have honored it also, right? :lol:

Philter25 said:
Read the "greedy" thread.

So if a player should "honor" their contracts PERIOD, shouldnt a team also? I mean we cut Fiedler, but he had a contract and he honored it, we should have honored it also, right? :lol:
The team does honor the contract. For crying out loud the signing bonus is a guarantee the player will be paid for signing with the team even if they don't play a single down!!!! The CBA allows for the team to cut players. How hard is this for people to understand. The players have extended this CBA twice and never have they said they won't extend it because they are afraid they can be cut.

Back
Top Bottom