Jay cannot be the starting QB next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay cannot be the starting QB next year

Originally posted by chambers84
Our team isn't ELITE until we get a consistent WR opposite Chambers and some decent offensive lineman. Our defense needs to play good all the time and in clutch siuations. With the names on our defense, there is no reason we shouldn't be #1 in almost every statistical catagory.

We used to be. And we will be again very soon.......
And being #1 in any statistical catagory doesn't mean anything. Remember 2002? We were the #1 rushing team and the #3 defense and still missed the playoffs.

:eat:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Cranx, in regards to your pts Dreadlockera, I completely agree with you as far as Jay's screwups have also cost us pts., and sometime those have also helped us to lose a game. However, as far as the Pats are concerned, the NFL and them think they are god's greatest gift to football in decades and they are oh so 'clutch' and all that other bs. So, should Mare be held accountable for missing 2 FG's....well....when that's how the Pats won all year long and won the SB....then yes, I think accountability needs to be spread around to the rest of the team. The Pats are a great example of a consistent team all year (that plus getting what I call 'lucky' many games....but you have to admit it's hard to luck into 15 straight wins...). Brady is a good QB but by NO means is 'great' IMO. What we need is more consistency from our Defense and special teams throughout the year (from our current players)....a solid #2 WR to actually break free to have one thrown his way and a bit of help in the Oline. We really aren't that far off from going to where we want to.

You know what the difference is between us and the Pats? If Mare made 2 FG's in 2 different games (forget the defense here for a sec) we'd be 12-4 (Houston/NE).....if the Defense stepped it up a notch against Philly we'd be 13-3 and possibly 14-2 if u count in how our defense played against the Titans. For the hell of it, throw in Ricky's missed chipshot vs. indy and we get a TD and beat the colts, now we're 15-1

If you even give us half of that (I'll take a total of 3 plays from 3 games, FG, FG, chipshot) we're 13-3, win the AFCeast, first round bye, play at home, probably wind up in the SB.

Now.....literally 3 plays from our whole season is what seperated us from being the pats? Yes....and if we made those 3 stupid plays the whole league would be talking about how wonderful our team is and how we managed to pull together tight enough to win the games we needed to and how clutch we were and how they want to ride our jocks anytime we ask.....

3 plays!@! Now in reality.....we have a ton of more problems.....but if we made those 3 plays the whole league would be viewing us ALOT differently........including us....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jbond
thanks Cranx, in regards to your pts Dreadlockera, I completely agree with you as far as Jay's screwups have also cost us pts., and sometime those have also helped us to lose a game. However, as far as the Pats are concerned, the NFL and them think they are god's greatest gift to football in decades and they are oh so 'clutch' and all that other bs. So, should Mare be held accountable for missing 2 FG's....well....when that's how the Pats won all year long and won the SB....then yes, I think accountability needs to be spread around to the rest of the team. The Pats are a great example of a consistent team all year (that plus getting what I call 'lucky' many games....but you have to admit it's hard to luck into 15 straight wins...). Brady is a good QB but by NO means is 'great' IMO. What we need is more consistency from our Defense and special teams throughout the year (from our current players)....a solid #2 WR to actually break free to have one thrown his way and a bit of help in the Oline. We really aren't that far off from going to where we want to.

You know what the difference is between us and the Pats? If Mare made 2 FG's in 2 different games (forget the defense here for a sec) we'd be 12-2 (Houston/NE).....if the Defense stepped it up a notch against Philly we'd be 13-3 and possibly 14-2 if u count in how our defense played against the Titans. For the hell of it, throw in Ricky's missed chipshot and we get a TD and beat the colts, now we're 15-1

If you even give us half of that (I'll take a total of 3 plays from 3 games, FG, FG, chipshot) we're 13-3, win the AFCeast, first round bye, play at home, probably wind up in the SB.

Now.....literally 3 plays from our whole season is what seperated us from being the pats? Yes....and if we made those 3 stupid plays the whole league would be talking about how wonderful our team is and how we managed to pull together tight enough to win the games we needed to and how clutch we were and how they want to ride our jocks anytime we ask.....

3 plays!@! Now in reality.....we have a ton of more problems.....but if we made those 3 plays the whole league would be viewing us ALOT differently........including us....

I agree with your points as well. The most important aspect of football (especially at the QB position) is consistancy. If you are inconsistant you dont make those few plays and you are not 15-1 but 10-6 on the outside looking in. The Pats and Brady do NOT have the most talent in the league. Sure they have good coaching but coaches dont make plays. The consistancy of NE and Brady is how they got rings. They dont make many mistakes, take advantage of opportunities and just win. Dont win big, just win. That is the bigest flaw in Miami and with Jay. You just cant win without consistancy. NE isn't lucky they are consistant and Jay and our team is not.:cry:

Why do people keep saying Mare missed a field goal in the Houston game? I went back and looked in the game book, and he didn't!!

well I'll be.....you are the winner of a beautiful microwave oven :) Seriously.....you're right.....I guess over the past few months I've heard other people say that and it kind of got put into my mind somehow. I live in New Orleans now and watch the games at a local sports bar and the game was supposed to be on local programming, so satellite didn't pick it up, but at the last second they played the caroina game (i believe) and it took awhile for the Dish people to get the game one....so I missed most of that game, and I guess it sunk into my head as I've heard it mentioned before over the months and thought it happened. I was able, however, to watch 99% of the each of the rest of the games, thankfully :)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20030907_HOU@MIA

.....going back to an earlier post I made in this thread......do I now have to find my "third" play ? lol

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Why do people keep saying Mare missed a field goal in the Houston game? I went back and looked in the game book, and he didn't!!

I don't know why they are saying that either. Mare DID NOT miss a FG against Houston...

It was Houston that missed a chip shot, otherwise we would have lost by 4.

What happened against Houston was more bad coaching. Choosing to go for a 2 point conversion at an inopportune time. It was like Carolina in the Super Bowl going for 2 with 12:59? left. It's too early and that should be an emergency tool for comebacks only. That coaches chart is stupid, you must make the decision with the game you are playing in your mind, not a general chart. So of course we missed the two pointer and if Mare kicks it, we are tied at 21 and going to overtime at home.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
There are several positions to upgrade on the offense and Jay is one of them. That's all I will say.
:yes: I totally agree with that statement, but it is looking harder and harder to find a definitive replacement for Jay if we do not get Brunell or Ramsey pre se. Guys like Ray, Rivers and Henson are not ideal starters in 2004 for a SB contender

Jay and Wanny are average people. They won't take us to the promise land. They may win 9 games, but who wants medocrity every season?

Although Wayne would like the SB as well......as far as the Dolphins being a business for him.....he'll take 9-11 wins per season.....keeps sales, concessions, tickets, merchandising up etc.......as well as our hopes (which may be unfair)

Just a thought...

Originally posted by jbond
Although Wayne would like the SB as well......as far as the Dolphins being a business for him.....he'll take 9-11 wins per season.....keeps sales, concessions, tickets, merchandising up etc.......as well as our hopes (which may be unfair)

Just a thought...

with that said & all that has happened so far. do u really think Wayne really meant, "win now?" I honestly dont believe a word he says until I actually see it.

Originally posted by phinfan34
ay and Wanny are average people. They won't take us to the promise land. They may win 9 games, but who wants medocrity every season?

exactly, they both had 4 yrs to take us to the promise land but never has. with Wanny only having coaching duties this yr, we will really see what he can do. I still believe we will continue to underachieve with Wanny as our HC, but i hope that changes this upcoming season.

Back
Top Bottom