Jay Cutler's Big Bad Arm -- | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler's Big Bad Arm --

BamaPhinFan said:
Croyle lit up Florida's pass defense as well. He was 14/17 for 283 yards, 82.4%, 16.6 y/a with 3 TDs and 0 ints.

I think that compares pretty favorably to Cutler's 28/42 for 361 yards, 66.7%, 8.6 y/a, 4 TDs and 2 ints.

Comparison's to Croyle aren't that easy to make, given that Alabama had arguably the top defense in the nation this past year and a legit deep threat in Prothro.

Cutler was 1st-team All-SEC QB in the pre-season, he has been good for a while. As a life long gator fan, I can tell you Vanderbilt is usually wondering if they can get one SEC win at the beginning of the year. This has been the absolute worst team in the SEC for over a decade. And they almost made a bowl game this year. And if you compare Cutler's lack of supporting cast to say, Roethlisberger, remember the SEC traditionally plays better defense than any other major conference, let alone a mid-major. It's apples and oranges.

Silverphin said:
Jay Cutler....

You have to understand, Jay Cutler has a lot of things people look for into a QB. He has a big arm, he's proven that he won't break easily in the big games (See Vandy vs. UF). He has great mobility (I don't where this 'he has no mobility' thing comes from). He's very confident, ****y even. And it is arguable that if Matt Lienart and Jay was in each other's shoes, USC would of still had those two national titles. Don't get me wrong, mechanics needs work. But hey, has some intangibles and what not to build on.

Break down in big games he lost Vandy the game againist Florida when he threw a pic in 2nd overtime on first down. That was all his fault

Crowder52 said:
Comparison's to Croyle aren't that easy to make, given that Alabama had arguably the top defense in the nation this past year and a legit deep threat in Prothro.

Cutler was 1st-team All-SEC QB in the pre-season, he has been good for a while. As a life long gator fan, I can tell you Vanderbilt is usually wondering if they can get one SEC win at the beginning of the year. This has been the absolute worst team in the SEC for over a decade. And they almost made a bowl game this year. And if you compare Cutler's lack of supporting cast to say, Roethlisberger, remember the SEC traditionally plays better defense than any other major conference, let alone a mid-major. It's apples and oranges.

Vandy did not make a bowl game

Crowder52 said:

Easier to read in bold?

Back
Top Bottom