Jay`s QB rating.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay`s QB rating....

85 something. That was because it went down late in the season.

Griese the poor guy who got cut had a little higher even. I am pretty sure the QB genius Shanahan still knows what he is doing...

He is a great RB coach not QB. Elways was already great, he brought him a RB and that completed the puzzle.

Originally posted by dolfan06
to tell the truth, i think the whole damn team was looking right past this game!:rolleyes:

I think you`re right, Larry. I`ve always stood by Wanny, but I`m gonna hang this one on him.

J stinks. NO WAY a QB should throw a pick in that situation absolutely unacceptable. just over 2 minutes, a 2 point lead with the ball @ your own 30 yardline. Any QB worth a damn knows you cant turn the ball over here because you will lose the game. Eat it, run it, take the sack, throw it away what ever. Pri 1 in that situation is PROTECT the ball. So whats the idiot do he drops back telegraphs the pass and throws a floater out there like he could careless who comes down with it, he was walkin to the sideline before the play was over. J stinks in the crunch the only game he ever won for us was the Oakland game 3 years ago and hes squeezed all the mialage hes gonna get out of that. He cant win games, he cant carry the team and now its painfully obvious he cant protect the ball or doesnt care. Get rid of him he stinks

Originally posted by bryan allen
J stinks. NO WAY a QB should throw a pick in that situation absolutely unacceptable. just over 2 minutes, a 2 point lead with the ball @ your own 30 yardline. Any QB worth a damn knows you cant turn the ball over here because you will lose the game. Eat it, run it, take the sack, throw it away what ever. Pri 1 in that situation is PROTECT the ball. So whats the idiot do he drops back telegraphs the pass and throws a floater out there like he could careless who comes down with it, he was walkin to the sideline before the play was over. J stinks in the crunch the only game he ever won for us was the Oakland game 3 years ago and hes squeezed all the mialage hes gonna get out of that. He cant win games, he cant carry the team and now its painfully obvious he cant protect the ball or doesnt care. Get rid of him he stinks

Hey buddy, check your facts. First off Fiedler has won 8 games for us in the 4th quarter. So your retarded "jay stinks in the crunch" commment is a bunch of shiznit. Dont remember the denver game last year? Fiedler is the least of the problems, look at brad johnson last night, his passes were all over the place, but the recievers actually went after the ball and made plays, unlike all of ours except for chambers.

2nd, if your going to blame anyone on that deep out pick its norv turner's fault because he called the deep out when he knows that fiedler along most qb's in the nfl cant make that throw, let alone pull it out that late.

3rd off, if what you got out of sundays game is that Jay Fiedler sucks, then you must not pay much attention because there are a lot more major problems on D.

All of these people that bitch and moan about the offense sucking listen. 2/3 of the salary cap is being spent on D, what do you fricking expect. If the dolphins are going anywhere the team is built so that the D is the one taking them there. And with 0 sacks and 0 turnovers thats just not going to happen.

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Hey buddy, check your facts. First off Fiedler has won 8 games for us in the 4th quarter. So your retarded "jay stinks in the crunch" commment is a bunch of shiznit. Dont remember the denver game last year? Fiedler is the least of the problems, look at brad johnson last night, his passes were all over the place, but the recievers actually went after the ball and made plays, unlike all of ours except for chambers.

2nd, if your going to blame anyone on that deep out pick its norv turner's fault because he called the deep out when he knows that fiedler along most qb's in the nfl cant make that throw, let alone pull it out that late.

3rd off, if what you got out of sundays game is that Jay Fiedler sucks, then you must not pay much attention because there are a lot more major problems on D.

All of these people that bitch and moan about the offense sucking listen. 2/3 of the salary cap is being spent on D, what do you fricking expect. If the dolphins are going anywhere the team is built so that the D is the one taking them there. And with 0 sacks and 0 turnovers thats just not going to happen.

I agree 100%

It wasn't Fiedlers fault. Thompson wasn't aggressive enough and just sat there. GET UP ON IT AND GET THE DAMN BALL! Fiedler played ok for as bad as this whole team played. Our recievers couldn't get open all day, and when they finally did Jay would miss. No chemistry. It didn't help that Ricky didn't have a usual "Ricky" type day. Even though he probably would of broke 100 yards with the one run called back...we just couldn't really get it going.

I'm more worried about the D. To beat us all you have to do is spread the field with 4 recievers, match anyone on Fletcher, and throw. It's almost too simple.

Jay suks, how many points would we have had w/o Jay Sunday? Yes he made a couple bad passes, he will next week and the week after and the week after. Of course so will favre Mcnabb, Culpepper, And any other qb you wish to name. They aint perfect. Jay needs to do better, but he played well enough for us to win. All the qb in this system is asked to do is do enough to give us a chance to win, he is not the focus of the offense. Jay will make mistakes but will also make great throws. The one handed catch by Chambers was great, but it was also a great decision by Jay, he throws it anywhere else it has a chance to be picked off, he put where only his receiver can get it. When he threw the pick, it was after 2 false starts and it was 3rd down I believe, he did not want to give the ball back to their offense so fast, the irony, so he gambled on a big play. At that point when the momentum is clearly on the opposing side, you need a spark to turn it around. At that point everything was going bad, cant be conservative, and you have to hope your receiver goes after it aggressively which he didnt. Thompson also has to learn to drag his foot.

Jay Fiedler's QB rating!?!? You've got to be kidding me! Who cares what his QB rating was? They lost the game! I couldn't care less if his QB rating was 45.0....as long as we win. He didn't have a great day and his stats were padded by some great catches and a great catch and run by Ricky. The TD catch by Chambers looked like a pass he was trying to throw out of the end zone. But whatever...it's a moot point. They lost and he's 0-1 as starting QB for the Fins THIS year. Forget the past. It was a stupid play call but there were other options and he made the wrong decision. Bottom line is he is not supposed to be turning the ball over. He is on this team because he is supposed to be a smart QB who doen't make many mistakes. But he still makes stupid throws and it's his 4th year here. It seems like the guy can do no wrong with some of you. And just because some of us criticize him, it doesn't mean we are Fiedler bashers. But the guy has to be held accountable at some point.
And lay off the defense. It's hard not to get tired out when the offense is 3-and-out most of the day. And Fletcher has a friggin bullseye on his back. When he comes in, the opposing OC licks his chops. Wanny needs to swallow his pride and admit he wasted our last 1st round pick and cut this loser.

Jay has the arm to make that throw. If he didn't have the arm then I would think Norv would know it and THEY WOULDN'T CALL THE PLAY... Would you call for a 55 yard field goal attempt if you know that your kicker can only kick 45?

Jay plain and simple just missed the target by about a foot and a half to the right... If that ball is a foot and a half to the left, its an easy catch for Thomponson.... Complain about his accuracy on the throw all you want, thats fine, althugh I agree that Derrius couldv'e been more assertive in going after the ball, but don't say Jay doesn't have the arm because he obvioulsy does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BassFin
Jay Fiedler's QB rating!?!? You've got to be kidding me! Who cares what his QB rating was? They lost the game! I couldn't care less if his QB rating was 45.0....as long as we win. He didn't have a great day and his stats were padded by some great catches and a great catch and run by Ricky. The TD catch by Chambers looked like a pass he was trying to throw out of the end zone. But whatever...it's a moot point. They lost and he's 0-1 as starting QB for the Fins THIS year. Forget the past. It was a stupid play call but there were other options and he made the wrong decision. Bottom line is he is not supposed to be turning the ball over. He is on this team because he is supposed to be a smart QB who doen't make many mistakes. But he still makes stupid throws and it's his 4th year here. It seems like the guy can do no wrong with some of you. And just because some of us criticize him, it doesn't mean we are Fiedler bashers. But the guy has to be held accountable at some point.
And lay off the defense. It's hard not to get tired out when the offense is 3-and-out most of the day. And Fletcher has a friggin bullseye on his back. When he comes in, the opposing OC licks his chops. Wanny needs to swallow his pride and admit he wasted our last 1st round pick and cut this loser.

I care, or I wouldn`t have asked the question. It was a point of interest for me. If you don`t like thread descriptions or questions, don`t subscibe to them.

:tongue: If the Texans beat you the must be going to the SB cause you guys are world beaters. You guys had the # 1 D in tha AFC so what do you do? Go get more D?????????. You O has been the problem since Danny left. You missed the playoffs last year and now you suprised youre still losing? This is an average team with a good D. But your in a tough division. Wanny will keep you at the Bears level til you get rid of him. So dont. :eek:

Originally posted by BillsWinSuprBol
:tongue: If the Texans beat you the must be going to the SB cause you guys are world beaters. You guys had the # 1 D in tha AFC so what do you do? Go get more D?????????. You O has been the problem since Danny left. You missed the playoffs last year and now you suprised youre still losing? This is an average team with a good D. But your in a tough division. Wanny will keep you at the Bears level til you get rid of him. So dont. :eek:

Man I was trying.......really trying to read your post. But with all the grammar mistakes I can't make heads or tails of it. Here's a hint, the next time you try to talk smack or try to seem intelligent copy and paste it to microsoft word and let the computer do it for you. Then maybe we can see your humor.

Back
Top Bottom