Jay`s QB rating.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay`s QB rating....

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

I care, or I wouldn`t have asked the question. It was a point of interest for me. If you don`t like thread descriptions or questions, don`t subscibe to them.

Lighten up man.. It's obvious by your threads that you're a big Jay supporter but as a Dolphin fan, I feel their winning should be of greater importance. I just couldn't believe that someone was that concerend about Jay's stats. But to each his own. I'll continue caring about Jay's winning percentage as starting QB of the Miami Dolphins.

Originally posted by BassFin

Lighten up man.. It's obvious by your threads that you're a big Jay supporter but as a Dolphin fan, I feel their winning should be of greater importance. I just couldn't believe that someone was that concerend about Jay's stats. But to each his own. I'll continue caring about Jay's winning percentage as starting QB of the Miami Dolphins.

I`m a DOLPHIN fan, first and foremost. I`ll lighten up when I see a few others on this message board acting like adults and discussing the problems with our team as adults.

Bottom line....you treat me and others with respect and I`ll reciprocate in turn.

I think you're taking things the wrong way. If you think that I'm trying to be a jerk, that's not the case. I'm also not questioning the fact that you are a dolphin fan. If I made you feel that way, I apologize.
However, just because someone may disagree with you does not mean that they are not "acting like adults." Maybe our frustration with the outcome of Sunday's game has made us both a little touchy. But I respect your opinion Capt. so let's just end this....no harm no foul.
Go Dolphins!

Originally posted by BassFin
I think you're taking things the wrong way. If you think that I'm trying to be a jerk, that's not the case. I'm also not questioning the fact that you are a dolphin fan. If I made you feel that way, I apologize.
However, just because someone may disagree with you does not mean that they are not "acting like adults." Maybe our frustration with the outcome of Sunday's game has made us both a little touchy. But I respect your opinion Capt. so let's just end this....no harm no foul.
Go Dolphins!

Fine by me and welcome to Finheaven. I`m usually in a better mood. My consentration right now is on beating the jets, followed by the bills...not to mention these books that I`m trying to balance after waiting too long! AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Jay Fiedler's rating after Sundays' game remains the same:

He still can't throw the out pattern, a staple and a must in Norv Turner's offense.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

He still can't throw the out pattern, a staple and a must in Norv Turner's offense.

Funny, that pass that he "can't" throw was completed to Chambers and went for a touchdown earlier in the game...

Funny, that pass that he "can't" throw was completed to Chambers and went for a touchdown earlier in the game...

CC was standing still, un-covered, big difference.

CC was standing still, un-covered, big difference.

So what? He put the ball there where it needed to be..

But okay one more time...

Jay puts the pass 18 inches to the left and its a completetion.... Thompson positions himslef correctly and reaches for the ball, its likely a completion...

If you really think that Jay CAN'T throw that throw, then you shouldn't be mad at Jay, you should be mad a Norv for calling a play that CAN'T be done...

Last edited by a moderator:

If Jay can't throw that outpattern why did Norv - after seeing Fiedler on film and in person - accept the job in Miami and did not stay OC in San Diego where he had the "allmighty" Brees?

Why would Norv call those plays if he would know that Fiedler can't make those throws?

Here is a quote from Norv for you:

"We don't call anything we're not confident about," Turner said. "That had been one of Jay's best throws through training camp. We felt that gave us the best chance. We liked the (one-on-one) coverage."

Jay puts the pass 18 inches to the left and its a completetion.... Thompson positions himslef correctly and reaches for the ball, its likely a completion...

The problem with that pass is velocity, if JF had the arm to throw that pass, the 18 inches wouldn't be critical. The ball would have got there before the CB could react and given DT a chance to make a play. Now I see Thompson is being prepared as the next sacrificial lamb, c'mon dude, now we have another WR that isn't fighting hard enough for poorly thrown passes? Let's focus on the real problem, the poorly thrown passes.

If you really think that Jay CAN'T throw that throw, then you shouldn't be mad at Jay, you should be mad a Norv for calling a play that CAN'T be done...

I'm mad that we don't have a QB that can properly run what I feel is the best designed offense in the league. What Norv is doing when he isn't blowing games calling plays that are staples of his offense is improvise with the dink n dunk passes that his current QB is capable of in place of what needs to be called for this offense to run at full efficiency.

The idea that it's the OC's fault that JF can't run his playbook is what led to Gailey being crucified when all Chan did is save JF's career by scaling back the offense after the Jets debacle. For that he got the blame from Jay's supporters for 'holding Jay back'. Now Norv actually has the nerve to call a pass play that is crucial in his offense and he's being foolish according to that same group. I mean, should we find an OC that JF can mold to his liking? One that can live with him, study every move he makes, noting his bio-rythyms, diet and etc...one that will agree to only call plays that show Jay's prowess and to never call any pass play that might be far enough down field past the line of scrimmage that the other team might get a hand on it? Where will the scape-goating end?

If Jay can't throw that outpattern why did Norv - after seeing Fiedler on film and in person - accept the job in Miami and did not stay OC in San Diego where he had the "allmighty" Brees?

It's a well known fact Norv knew he had no future in SD as a Head coach, his buddy DW offered him the challenge of revamping the Fins offense and the chance to get back onto the short list of possible Head coach candidates in the league. Leaving San Diego was never a hard decision for Norv even if he was leaving behind a better QB and solid young runner.

Here's a another Norv quote on his then QB:

In a PFW interview on Flutie:

" He’s a real pro. He’s such a hard worker  you know, he came in early to learn the offense. He seems really open to the way we do things, and that’s not always the case with veteran players. It looks like this offense really fits him well. People always think of him making plays when he’s scrambling, but he’s awfully good in the pocket too."

Quoted by Mortenson on Flutie:

"He's a freak," said Turner. "When you look at his age, and his size, he's a much better passer than people give him credit for. He can make all the throws. He throws a really good deep ball."

Basically what I've done here is establish the fact Turner has no problem lying through his teeth to the press and or filling an interview with feel good fluff in order to keep a happy home. Most coaches would do the same.

It's obvious that Flutie was never the passer he raved about nor did Flutie come close to being a good fit for his offense. It's also obvious to most after three + yrs that Jay doesn't have the arm for certain throws and that out pattern is one of them.

Put in Ray Lucas

Why? So the Fiedler fans might have another scape-goat?

Nope sorry, Jay is on his own this yr, there won't be no Ray Lucas to make everyone feel better about Jay.

Back
Top Bottom