Jay Williams has restructured | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Williams has restructured

Originally posted by DolPhadelphia
Good that he's trying to help the team by restructuring, but I'm not disappoint when players say no. Its not up to the players to fix the front office problems, when there's a cap, and you exceed it, that's being very irresponsible, and incompetent.

This over the cap bit every year, then begging players for money back is getting old.
Its not fair to the players, or fans.

Nah, if they didn't do this a lot of guys would be walking. Cutting the salaries of players that are paid higher than their preformance is a win-win. The player gets to stay instead of getting cut and the team can get some better players.

J Will is a great guy to have back (if he was going to cut if he did not re-structure). He is smart and can play DE every down and DT in passing downs. Considering it is 50-50 if OGun will return and Burnett is retired, we need J Will back

Hey, maybe one of the Mods will create a seperate thread (stuck) or add a section to the cap page at the bottom somewhere that keeps a running list of players restructured and a running 'expected cap' after the restructure/paycut, so we can keep track of how our total is going down to meet the cap and give us some free room as the offseason progresses......

if you all do.....THANKS :)

Originally posted by Bl¡tz Inc
Good for him! After that motorcycle accident, I thought he'd never play again.

:lol: That's Jay Williams of the Bulls!

Re: Re: Jay Williams has restructured

Originally posted by Merman

Or he had an option bonus that if paid reduced his future salary amounts. :splat:

True, but I suspect that that scenario would likely increase his cap hit, not something Miami needs right now ;)

Originally posted by jbond
Hey, maybe one of the Mods will create a seperate thread (stuck) or add a section to the cap page at the bottom somewhere that keeps a running list of players restructured and a running 'expected cap' after the restructure/paycut, so we can keep track of how our total is going down to meet the cap and give us some free room as the offseason progresses......

if you all do.....THANKS :)

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32112

:couch:

Re: Re: Re: Jay Williams has restructured

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

True, but I suspect that that scenario would likely increase his cap hit, not something Miami needs right now ;)

That bonus would be prorated when paid for the remaining term of the contract. Same thing as some money upfront and reduced salaries. :)

That is true IF THE PRORATION was less than $540,000 in 2004.

If there was an bonus, do you have a link?

Back
Top Bottom