Jaylen Waddle (Rookie Receptions Record Watch) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle (Rookie Receptions Record Watch)

Will suck (even though it will still happen if he gets it before game 16) when people say he only broke it because the season is now 17 games long.
but the reality will be that he broke it (if he does it in 16 or fewer), which I think he will.

only an asterisk if he needs the extra game to do it.

Waddle currently has 86 catches this season. The NFL rookie record is 101 receptions set by Arizona's Anquan Boldin in 2003.

I'm going to say he breaks the record vs New Orleans.
He is in great shape to break it, he's having an amazing year.

Also in 2nd place for offensive Rookie of the year right behind the Rookie QB that threw for an impressive just under 20 yards on 2 passes this past week.

Last edited:
If he doesn't get it by week 16, which he should, I'm putting an * next to it, which should also be done for any record broken after any expansion in number of games.

So from 14 to 16, 16 games could be marked with an * and 17 with ** or something.

I agree.

It should be very easy to separate the 17th game stats for every record.

They still get the record but the asterisk shows how much was gained from the 17th game..

For example

Waddle 123 receptions *8 week 17
Tua 64 TDS in a season * 4 week 17

What‘s funny is nobody seems to care that many of the records they know of today were accomplished during a 16 game season which was an increase from the previous 14 game seasons. Which was increased from 12 game seasons.

Point being, how or why is this any different?

Probably due to recency bias, rarely does anybody ever qualify today’s records as occurring over more games. Not just season records, but career records.

All the hoopla over Brady’s TD record recently never seems to mention that not did it occur over more seasons than most but also playing more games in each of those 20+ seasons.

Some players only played during the 12 or 14 or 16 game season eras. Some bridged two eras but played more in one versus the other.

Soon there will be 18 games instead of 17. When that happens, records will rarely be prefaced with the difference.

Going to have to move my prediction from the saints game to the titans game…assuming waddle is back next week.

*Putting the asterisk in this thread

Congrats to all players who have and will break records today over guys that had one less game do do it.

Back
Top Bottom