Jaylen Waddle (Rookie Receptions Record Watch) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle (Rookie Receptions Record Watch)

And if Boldin had the opportunity to play 17 games he wouldn't have missed any for any reason.

At the end of the day the 17 game season means that any record, not just Waddle, is pretty much useless. Great job NFL, but they don't care since they'll make more money.
It was Covid. Holy ****. What an absolute BRAIN DEAD comment. Wow.

*Putting the asterisk in this thread

Congrats to all players who have and will break records today over guys that had one less game do do it.
You going to go back and change all the records that were broken when the NFL went to a 16 game regular season? Can't wait!

Ok, but if it was a 16 game season he still would have missed a game. There are lots of people who might have broken records had they not gotten hurt. People who broke single season records this year had an advantage over anyone who held the records previously.

Ok but what if it wasn't a year with covid where you can feel fine or just a bit off but since you have it you can't play. What if ... what if the point is he did it in 16 games. Hell lets toss in what if Waddle has his starting QB all year.

I guarantee TarHeelFinFan didn’t think about the extreme likelihood that Waddle doesn’t miss a game if not for the protocols.

People just need to find a way to dismiss and typically never think things through before doing it.

Waddle didn’t miss a game because he was injured or unable to play.

Furthermore IIRC Bolden broke the record of a player that played 14 games or less. And that player probably broke a record of a player that played 12 games or less.

So what’s the point of all this?

There are probably a myriad of players throughout history that might have broken a record had they not missed games. Nobody talks about any of that when the current record holder is mentioned.

Nobody talks about Marino’s 5,084 yards and 48 TD’s being untouched until the rule changes in the early 2000’s.

The records are whatever they are no matter how many games were played and no matter the differences in rules.

Last edited:
You going to go back and change all the records that were broken when the NFL went to a 16 game regular season? Can't wait!
The NFL had a 16 game season since 1978. That's basically a decade after the merger when the real NFL was even born. So for 80 percent of its history it was a 16 game league. Nearly every person watching the NFL today became a fan when it was a 16 game league.

I guarantee TarHeelFinFan didn’t think about the extreme likelihood that Waddle doesn’t miss a game if not for the protocols.

People just need to find a way to dismiss and typically never think things through before doing it.

Furthermore Boldin broke the record of a player that played 14 games or less. And that player broke a record of a player that played 12 games or less.

Boldin broke the record of every receiver that had ever played in the league with a 16 game season which lasted from 1978-2020.

What about when they only played 12 games? I’m guessing you probably didn’t know they only played 12 prior to 1960.

By your logic the records set during 14 games seasons shouldn’t have counted over the 12 game season records.

I was being sarcastic towards someone claiming exactly what I’m saying but for 16 games.

And if Boldin had the opportunity to play 17 games he wouldn't have missed any for any reason.

At the end of the day the 17 game season means that any record, not just Waddle, is pretty much useless. Great job NFL, but they don't care since they'll make more money.
Boldin set the record with 16 games played, Waddle broke the record with 16 games played.

Counting isn't your strength is it?

You're right; we should give Boldin credit for avoiding COVID in 2003.

People can say whatever they want. But facts are facts. Waddle’s receptions were accomplished in the same number of games. Doesn’t matter that he could have played 17 if he hadn’t missed a game.

It’s an apples-to-apples comparison regardless.

If people really want to go down this nitpicking road, Waddle had more receptions despite 27 less targets.

I mean, if we’re gonna obsess over number of games played — which was the same — why isn’t anybody obsessing over targets?

I’ll bet that if Waddle had topped 101 but with a lot more targets to get there somebody would have brought it up. SMH.

Now someone is gonna have to beat Waddles record..hoooyaah!

Targets - Boldin 165 .. Waddle 140

Furthermore IIRC Bolden broke the record of a player that played 14 games or less. And that player probably broke a record of a player that played 12 games or less.

There are probably a myriad of players throughout history that might have broken a record had they not missed games. Nobody talks about any of that when the current record holder is mentioned.

Nobody talks about Marino’s 5,084 yards and 48 TD’s being untouched until the rule changes in the early 2000’s.

The records are whatever they are no matter how many games were played and no matter the differences in rules.

Exactly arguing the same thing with some people, if we want to asterisk for an extra game, lets asterisk for rule changes making every QB job easier.

Back
Top Bottom