Jaylon Smith Entering the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylon Smith Entering the Draft

cuzinvinny

Active Roster
Reaction score
Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith will have surgery to repair a torn ACL and MCL.

Smith’s reconstructive knee surgery is scheduled for Thursday Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports.

We won't be contending for a while should we entertain picking him at #8....( Tod Gurley)

Curious to your thoughts and would like to be convinced one way or another...I think I'm leaning toward a yes...

I don't worry too much about whether or not guys will recover from an ACL nowadays. If he doesn't have a prior history of being injury prone (I don't know if he does or not), there's no reason to take him off of the draft board. I don't know how far he falls, though. It may be a reach to take him at 8 now, if we can get elite secondary help (Hargreaves, Ramsey) would have to take them.

Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith will have surgery to repair a torn ACL and MCL.

Smith’s reconstructive knee surgery is scheduled for Thursday Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports.

We won't be contending for a while should we entertain picking him at #8....( Tod Gurley)

Curious to your thoughts and would like to be convinced one way or another...I think I'm leaning toward a yes...

Can we NOT take an injured guy with our first round pick for once!

I've pretty much watched all of his games being an ND fan and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching an ND player play as much as him. He's a very good tackler, has tremendous wheels and plays with a lot of fire. I'd be thrilled if we got him.

I am not even considering him a first round possibly. You'd love a shot at him with your second pick, if you need to move up to do it, that's fine.

I am certainly not entertaining the thought of taking a player that high, with that injury, given his strength was his athleticism to begin with.

I didn't know it was that bad..... 2nd round for me, or no go.

I don't worry too much about whether or not guys will recover from an ACL nowadays. If he doesn't have a prior history of being injury prone (I don't know if he does or not), there's no reason to take him off of the draft board. I don't know how far he falls, though. It may be a reach to take him at 8 now, if we can get elite secondary help (Hargreaves, Ramsey) would have to take them.

There was a medical report on NFL players on twitter a couple of weeks back that stated once they tear an ACL they are 50x's more likely to tear the other one. No doubt his draft stock will take a hit. Hopefully he is available in the 2nd round. That would be huge to get Hargraves in the 1st and Smith in the 2nd.

I think he drops out of the top 10. I love him as a player, but I don't like waiting on a player...even a special talent...when we have needs RIGHT NOW.

I am hoping we can trade down and get some quality pics....I am hoping Scooby Wright falls to the 2nd or 3rd and we can get him there! He reminds me a lot of Zach Thomas, ALWAYS around the ball making plays!

Maybe Im wrong, but I don't believe he has declared for the draft and can still return to school if he chooses.

Declaring for the draft is his only choice.
This is a horrific injury and I suspect there is little chance he goes in round one(save at the very end of it).

By joining an NFL team that gives you access to top notch rehab services and professional organization that is financially invested in his recovery.
Staying in school gives him nothing since there is a good chance he isnt playing next year.

This injury is far beyond a simple ACL tear. He has knocked out two ligaments in his knee. If there is nerve damage then he will be highly unlikely to play football again.

Declaring for the draft is his only choice.
This is a horrific injury and I suspect there is little chance he goes in round one(save at the very end of it).

By joining an NFL team that gives you access to top notch rehab services and professional organization that is financially invested in his recovery.
Staying in school gives him nothing since there is a good chance he isnt playing next year.

This injury is far beyond a simple ACL tear. He has knocked out two ligaments in his knee. If there is nerve damage then he will be highly unlikely to play football again.

I dont think its as serious as a career ending injury

I dont think its as serious as a career ending injury

If this is true I agree with trojanma and stay away..

Ian Rapoport Retweeted ProFootballTalk
The fear is nerve damage, as well. Very serious surgery.

Back
Top Bottom