Jaylon Smith Entering the Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylon Smith Entering the Draft

Damn that sucks. The reality is though, even if he doesn't get injured we still don't have a shot at him sitting at #8. Our only hope is that he falls to the 2nd and we may be able to trade up and get him

Absolutely love Smith, but I think Miami could now trade down and get him. Unlike Gurley, Smith's injury happened at the end of the season so his timetable for being ready to play in games might be late in the 2016 season. I think he's off the table at #8, though.

Declaring for the draft is his only choice.
This is a horrific injury and I suspect there is little chance he goes in round one(save at the very end of it).

By joining an NFL team that gives you access to top notch rehab services and professional organization that is financially invested in his recovery.
Staying in school gives him nothing since there is a good chance he isnt playing next year.

This injury is far beyond a simple ACL tear. He has knocked out two ligaments in his knee. If there is nerve damage then he will be highly unlikely to play football again.

The reason why he should stay in school for , you know, an education.

I know it's not a similar injury - it's worse.. but why do I flash immediately to drafting The Ginns @9 in a walking boot? Bad juju

Call me crazy but before the injury I still didn't want to use a top 10 pick on him....at least not for him to play MLB....I believe he'll do better outside....I know we need a MLB but I think we should go corner first and MLB with our 2nd round pick

Ozzy rules

Absolutely love Smith, but I think Miami could now trade down and get him. Unlike Gurley, Smith's injury happened at the end of the season so his timetable for being ready to play in games might be late in the 2016 season. I think he's off the table at #8, though.

I don't think he goes in the first round at all...

I don't worry too much about whether or not guys will recover from an ACL nowadays. If he doesn't have a prior history of being injury prone (I don't know if he does or not), there's no reason to take him off of the draft board. I don't know how far he falls, though. It may be a reach to take him at 8 now, if we can get elite secondary help (Hargreaves, Ramsey) would have to take them.
If we take another injured player, I'll puke. Who cares if he recovers. We need some guys that don't need to recover, don't have increased risk of re-injury and can rather, be effective game one. But that's just me. Miami is not in the position to gamble like that at this point. We used those chips.

He is out till 2017. No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a calculated move by him he's hoping to drop out of the 1st rather than late 1st. He's guaranteed a $5 million insurance policy if he slips from the 1st. And if he goes in the 2nd will get at least a 2 million dollars guaranteed money top ten money combined. A risk on his part maybe though. I'd take him in the 3rd only with that injury. Great player though

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/05/browns_7th-rounder_ifo_ekpre-o.html

Considering IEO suffered what appears to be a less significant injury and went from a likely 1st round pick to a 7th rounder this doesn't bode well for Jaylon. He is the type of player that I take a chance on on a rebuilding team in the mid-late rounds. But obviously I don't have access to any of the medical records. Anybody know any better examples of success stores after such an injury?

Back
Top Bottom