Jaylon Smith Entering the Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylon Smith Entering the Draft

Wouldn't touch him with anything higher than a 4th and only after a full medical evaluation and second opinion. Even without nerve damage, it's going to take a full year for him to recover so at best he won't be available till the 2017 season. That's just to much risk and to long a timeline to spend a 1-3rd round pick on. Gamble on a guy like this in the mid to late rounds.

If hes gonna miss the whole year likely someone plucks him with a compensational pick at the end of round 3 id say...unless his careers in doubt in which case i think he tumbles into late day 3 category

At any rate he shouldnt be a first 2 days draft pick target for miami

Poor kid! Man gets to his final game and is a top ten pick and this! Wow you couldn't write this stuff. Hope he recovers and is a HOF player for someone

I wouldn't feel to bad for the guy he's got a 5 million dollar insurance policy that kicks in if he drops out of the first round of the draft.

We don't have the luxury of drafting anyone who can't offer productivity in 2016. This holds true from rounds 1-4, IMO.
5th round? We could double back for an injured star to contribute in 2017.

I would not take him at 8.

I'm only for it in the 2nd round. Can't use our first on him now which truly saddens me

If hes gonna miss the whole year likely someone plucks him with a compensational pick at the end of round 3 id say...unless his careers in doubt in which case i think he tumbles into late day 3 category

At any rate he shouldnt be a first 2 days draft pick target for miami

That far back you think?? Dang...

But I'm warming up to maybe Jack at mike depending on how FA goes and what db's are there when we pick

I'm only for it in the 2nd round. Can't use our first on him now which truly saddens me

No way he makes it to the 2nd, itd be awesome but theres no way. Hes way too talented someone will take a chance late in the first

Are we willing to tank 2016?

If so, then trade down to late in the first, draft Smith, pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd and draft guards, cuz we could probably get guards in those positions good enough to challenge for starting jobs.

I don't think it's smart to trade down at all, though. We have 'bodies' already. We need studs. The BPA at #8 should fill one of our needs and we need a star there.

No way he makes it to the 2nd, itd be awesome but theres no way. Hes way too talented someone will take a chance late in the first

I don't think so either.... But just remembered Jack was hurt too... Pass on my thought of drafting him. Ugh screwed at mike most likely next year

I wouild love to get wright.I could be wrong but I don't like taking players out of college with injuries.

Back
Top Bottom