JC Jackson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JC Jackson

Missing the point.

Its for Jackson and Howard to pair together.

Trading Howard isn't something a team that wants to win a title, does. At this point. He changes the outcomes of games.

If you sign Jackson, it's to have them play together for a little while, not to replace him.

Byron Jones is the one who they (along with myself) want to replace with this signing.
Jones is solid but Jackson is better

I'll never, ever understand this sentiment.

His trade value will never be higher because he's really good. If you want to win football games, you need really good players that play up to their contracts and he does. Mahomes's trade value will never be higher, so they should probably move on too.
I agree with all your points. My angle is X has played up to or above his contract level for 2 of his years. The rest, well below.

And while I do want to keep him, if you bring in JC and pay him 20M/year, X will want more again. Trade him while he's healthy and get a 1st and a 2nd. Byron has been solid and could still hold down the other side for 1 year and we'd have more capital to get a replacement for Byron next year either FA or draft.

The Mahomes comparison is comical though. QB's prime's last way longer than a corner. Look at these old QB's moving around getting huge deals. When was the last time a corner retained value like that? Apples and Oranges...
..................no

why are some of you trying to keep our worst 2 corners (Jones and Igby) and trade X?!?!?! Blasphemy!!!!

I believe Jones has been solid and will get better yet. Iggy, I'm not ready to give up on. Year 3 breakout. Even if he can't develop the ball location skills that X has, he can be the glue-type like Byron.

I don't want to trade any of our corners to be honest, especially X. But, we can't afford 60M/yr on 3 corners by just adding JC.

I think if they sign Jackson, it will be X who is traded and not Jones. While Howard is better than Jones, I doubt they would pay Jackson a contract which would likely make him the highest paid CB in the league and then be forced to pay Howard more than Jackson.

They would also be able to trade Howard for a higher draft pick than they would receive for Jones in a trade.

I personally don’t think they will sign Jackson. Instead I believe they will go with Howard and Jones next year.

I agree with all your points. My angle is X has played up to or above his contract level for 2 of his years. The rest, well below.

And while I do want to keep him, if you bring in JC and pay him 20M/year, X will want more again. Trade him while he's healthy and get a 1st and a 2nd. Byron has been solid and could still hold down the other side for 1 year and we'd have more capital to get a replacement for Byron next year either FA or draft.

The Mahomes comparison is comical though. QB's prime's last way longer than a corner. Look at these old QB's moving around getting huge deals. When was the last time a corner retained value like that? Apples and Oranges...

I believe Jones has been solid and will get better yet. Iggy, I'm not ready to give up on. Year 3 breakout. Even if he can't develop the ball location skills that X has, he can be the glue-type like Byron.

I don't want to trade any of our corners to be honest, especially X. But, we can't afford 60M/yr on 3 corners by just adding JC.
Good take.

I would say X played up to his contract 3 of the last 4 years (the one year being when he got hurt). People forget that he led the league in picks with 7 four years ago.

Back
Top Bottom