Jeff Blake cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Blake cut

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Cardinals | Blake Cut - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:25:47 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released QB Jeff Blake.

He could be a possible one year fall back solution if Brunell doesn't sign.

Ugh, I'd rather hang onto Griese or Fiedler at a significantly reduced salary.

One thing I noticed....he rushed for 177 yards on 30 carries last year....just a hair under 6 ypc.

Not very statue-esque...he was throwing to Bolden eh?

I think Blake could prosper in the right system ... at least he has mobility in case Dave convinces Ron that the O-Line doesnt need to be upgraded

If you want a veteran presence that can win you a few games, he's definitely an option. He's one of those guys that seems to get shuffled around to a lot of different teams but never really does a bad job wherever he goes. You're always wondering why a team doesn't settle down with him. He's kinda like Fiedler that way except without some of the intangibles that Fiedler has I think.

His deep ball is like a moonball though. If you're lookin for a dude that can throw a good deep ball to contrast Fiedler, I don't think Blake's our guy.

How long til we see the headline... CARDINALS TO DRAFT ROTHLISBERGER thread

At this point I HOPE Arizona picks up Ben. It is looking like Miami won't move up to get one of the big two and I'd hate to see him go to Oakland. :(

I am a Miami University Alum and whoever picks him up will instantly be my 2nd favorite team - behind the phins of course.

It would kill me to have to pull for Oakland. Arizona is at least an NFC team. Heck they are so happless they can't hurt anyone can they?

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
How long til we see the headline... CARDINALS TO DRAFT ROTHLISBERGER thread

That would depend on if the Chargers don't take him first, which is the new rumor out.

It is looking like Miami won't move up to get one of the big two

What do you see that's telling you that? I personally hope they don't move up, just wondering what's convinced you they won't.

He's not great by no means but he has got a good long ball an pretty accurate most of the time.

I would still stick with BG or JF. Jeff Blake aint bad though he played for a college about 45 minutes from were I live.

Back
Top Bottom