Jenkins talking smack on radio show!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jenkins talking smack on radio show!!!

It's not a moot point at all. Our OLine is 3/5 different and a helluva lot better than last year and no, Henne does not stack up against the other QBs you have faced. But your opponents running game does not match Miami's and that is the weakness on the Jets defense.
The Jets didn't give up a rushing TD till week 3........i'm not sure where you're getting the notion that our run d is our weakness.

The Jets didn't give up a rushing TD till week 3........i'm not sure where you're getting the notion that our run d is our weakness.
Then what do you see as the attacking point of the defense?

AFC EAST pecking order:

Super Bowl appearances:

NE:6 :)
MIA:5 :tongue:
BUF:4 :baghead:
NYJ:1 :(

I realize that. I expected a lot different reply.

what do you expect you're on the fins board lol of course they will think they are goin to the superbowl just like if you go on some jets board they will feel the same.

Honestly though ive had some good laughs reading some of the comments by people who try to pretend they know football and make a complete a## outta themselves ... just stick to the jets board...we'll see what happens come monday

I know where ur comin from, that's one of the big reasons I like going on other teams boards. Cause the Jets board I go to is the same thing, all sunshine n lollipops about the Jets. I like to have intelligent football conversation, and I agree that every teams board is filled with a bunch of homers, I'm not one...

AFC EAST pecking order:

Super Bowl appearances:

NE:6 :)
MIA:5 :tongue:
BUF:4 :baghead:
NYJ:1 :(

Before I address the irrelevance of this, what is up with this site? It makes my McAfee go crazy? I keep gettin warnings saying it compromises my browser...I would expect that at a Patriots sight but come on...anyway what in the hell does this have to do with anything we r talking about?

Not really sure that there is one yet...
The run game. The Jets probably have the best secondary in the NFL hands down. They get great pressure on the QB so attacking the passing defense with a QB in only his second game would be foolish. The weakest part of the defense is the run defense against Miami's strength of running and ball control. I am not saying we will run through the defnse easily but this has to be the point of attack. If the Jets line up 8 in the box to stop it, Henne has a strong arm to hit quick slants and outs. Additionally they can slow the defense down using misdirection and screens.

As much as you may view the fact that Henne is only starting his second game, you only have one game to disect Henne and the offense with him running it. Not being a homer but our OL is better than Houston and Tennesse's.

Not really sure that there is one yet...

I really don't care how porous the run defenses we've played thus far have been. Running the football is the strength of our team and that is how we have to attack you guys. Kris Jenkins is a monster in the middle, I admit that. However, that doesn't mean we should or will shy away from running it up the middle. Whether Jake Grove can move his big a$$ out of the way solo, like he did last year with Oakland, or if he needs help in doing so. I don't care. We will be deluding ourselves to think that we can play into the strength of the Jets defense (e.g. the secondary). Your defense has been very impressive to this point, but not flawless. We hope to be the first to expose the chinks in your defense's armor. Whatever that may be.

OK, so what do you want out of ur defense? You wanna keep the points down bottom line right? I don't really understand what ur point is, not trying to be disrespectful, just saying ultimately a defense should be judged on how many points they give up. Well, that could be affected by them not having a great offense, or a bad offense, but my point was that we haven't given up the points. And our offense has certainly not been an offense that people would say is protecting the defense, so???

Basically i was saying the one team you have faced that could hit you hard with the run game, turned the ball over way too much. They were in the game also, turnovers killed them. Heck wasn't 2 of the fumbles on returns? so it wasn't just the int's killing them. Fumbling a return gives great field position. You have faced teams that have been strong passing teams, something your D is very good at defending atm. Am I saying the fins will score 30? No. But we have a good chance to control the clock.

If we judge a defense on how many points they give up, then Denver atm has the best defense in the league giving up like 6.5 ppg. But look at who they have faced. But yes bottom line is, don't allow points, it's the best defensive stat out there. I wish the fins were a little better defending the passing game.

Back
Top Bottom