Jerome Baker Stock Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerome Baker Stock Up

Mach2

Never go full Colin Cowherd........
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
JB is one of the players I'm looking forward to watching in the coming season.

Many here don't beleive he's a good "fit", but think he is perfect for the "multiples" scheme we are apparently employing.

"When talking about potential players who could be poised for a breakout season, youth, athletic talent, and play from the previous year are the obvious factors considered when gauging if that player will propel himself to the next level. Miami Dolphins Linebacker Jerome Baker fits all these categories to a tee. And given what we’ve seen through Day 2 of Training Camp, Brian Flores thinks so too."

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-jerome-baker-primed-for-a-breakout-season/

Jerome Baker looks like he may be ready for a breakout season and explode onto the NFL scene. You could see it, last season as the season went on, how he adjusted as he became more experienced. He's bigger and stronger this year, which should help him.

I dont see it. I didnt see it last year either. Very Kiko-like in my opinion but less impact plays.

Kiko-like in that he made a few splash plays but was mostly out of position or getting burned. Hopefully he can make a lot more splash plays and a lot fewer mistakes this year.

If he did that he could be good, if he plays just a bit better than last year then he will only be a mediocre player at best in my opinion, until he can start making more game changing plays.

He did show he could make those plays at the very least... which is more than I can say for Raewon McMillan.

I will say he is our most athletically gifted LB.

For a guy that looked like he played more like a safety than a lb in college I guess there’s nothing wrong with being optimistic coming off last years play as an actual lb ask

I dont see it. I didnt see it last year either. Very Kiko-like in my opinion but less impact plays.

Kiko-like in that he made a few splash plays but was mostly out of position or getting burned. Hopefully he can make a lot more splash plays and a lot fewer mistakes this year.

If he did that he could be good, if he plays just a bit better than last year then he will only be a mediocre player at best in my opinion, until he can start making more game changing plays.

He did show he could make those plays at the very least... which is more than I can say for Raewon McMillan.

Your hyperbolic player evals are amusing.

You aren't alone in that opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

Baker improved noticeably on an almost weekly basis, despite playing for a coach that is universally acceped as being bad to the point of incompetent, and in a system that is equally universally acceped as inherently flawed, whereas most rookies hit a wall, at some point, in their initial campaign.

I can agree that he was "late" at times, particularly early in the season, but isn't that true of 90+% of all rooks?

The fact that he's taking all the first team snaps, and making the defensive calls, would indicate to me that Flores, apparently, disagrees with that assessment.

As you concede, he has all the physical tools to be sucessful, so if used in a capacity that plays to his strengths, I don't see many limitations. He's not going to be used as a downhill thumper type.

As they say, he's a keeper. Right now the 4th most valuable defensive player on our roster, IMO.

If this guy actually improved, sky's the limit.

As they say, he's a keeper. Right now the 4th most valuable defensive player on our roster, IMO.

If this guy actually improved, sky's the limit.
Obviously you are thinking X and Minkah. Are you ranking Wilkins #3?

Wait..: what...4th? Name me the top 5
I'm not sure what you are saying.

I do respect your opinion, though, so how do you see the top 5?

I have a hard time getting past 4. After that nobody really sticks out. I mean we have some "serviceable" players, but at some point its just throwing darts.

Obviously you are thinking X and Minkah. Are you ranking Wilkins #3?

Yup.

Wait..: what...4th? Name me the top 5

X is the most valuable player on the team.

Minkah Fitzpatrick/Laremy Tunsil to me are neck and neck on that next tier of being mission critical, as you like to say. But being that were talking defense here, the only other player worthy of being considered a more valuable commodity than Baker, is our rookie DT.

It's not even up for debate, IMO.

I say that as one of the biggest fans of Reshad Jones there is, he's got one foot out the door, so it's hard for me to think of him as being a part of something moving forward. Although I am willing to forgive and forget.

5-11 is the debate.

He’s probably top 4 I think it’s just more a reflection of not having very many high grade players

But I do know that Vincent Taylor and godchaux for their roles balled out last year. Taylor I think really took a step.

Had he played 16 he’d have graded out top 3 for me on d

Wilkins more wild card cause he hasn’t done anything yet in the pros and his value may not always show up on the stat sheet. But I know how to separate that

He’s probably top 4 I think it’s just more a reflection of not having very many high grade players

But I do know that Vincent Taylor and godchaux for their roles balled out last year. Taylor I think really took a step.

Had he played 16 he’d have graded out top 3 for me on d

Wilkins more wild card cause he hasn’t done anything yet in the pros and his value may not always show up on the stat sheet.
I certainly can't fault you for liking that D-line duo. I like them as well. We gave up a huge amount of yardage v the run, but I'm not sure I can put all of that on them. Coaching/gameplanning/scheme were all substandard as far as I'm concerned.

I certainly can't fault you for liking that D-line duo. I like them as well. We gave up a huge amount of yardage v the run, but I'm not sure I can put all of that on them. Coaching/gameplanning/scheme were all substandard as far as I'm concerned.

Poor lb play too and contain play at the safety and corner spot also.

Blown assignments blown contain on repeat

The cupboard is not bare.

And the 2020 DE FA class looks enticing. I'm just saying.

Matt Burke is probably one of the worst coordinator's we've had in 2 decades. I'm sure plenty other deserve mention though.

This team isn't bad enough to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft unless its their main objective.

Back
Top Bottom