Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

Ok. The secondary is a part of the defense as you well know, you can't just dismiss them.

I never said Miami had a better defense, I said Miami put more presuure on the QB then the Jets in the last 2 years, and if you consider Miami has had 10 more sacks then the Jets in tha last two years, that seems to be the case.

I don't understand what this has to do with anything. What happened is what happened, there's no point in assuming it any other way.

Just made an opinion of what I saw this year, nothing is set in stone, and I'm not saying I am right, but Henne did show more promise in crunch time.

I may be wrong but did the Jets lead the NFL in rushing?

After Ronnie went down, when Ronnie and Ricky were there both doing their thing, Miami was as close to unstoppable on the ground as there was in the NFL this year.

I don't usually think that a team's coach has that big of an impact on how good a team is. But what Ryan did this year so far is more than any of our coaches have in years. This doesn't mean Ryan is a better coach than Sparano IMO, it means he had the better fortune that gave the Jets a PO birth and they almost went to the big show.

What he did in the playoffs was amazing, the team got more confidence each week, yet Miami still looked better against the Colts in week 2, then the Jets looked against them the playoffs.

Both teams will be much better next year, and the AFC east will be a force. The Pats will not have a cake walk in the East any more, and anyone of the Pats, Jets, or Dolphins will be the East Champs depending on who has the better Off season...the Patriots can not sit back this off-season if they expect to again win the division.

He also completed 12 of them and if not for 2 drops would have gone 14 for 15.

0-3 most people thought the season was over, that takes pressure off. When they were playing for a postseason berth late in the year they had real pressure and he didn't perform. It's like playing a game, when you get down big the game is basically over and the pressure comes off then he starts performing.

It doesn't matter how many games Sanchez was expected to win, he was starting day 1 for a team that had playoff aspirations. That's pressure.

Jenkins and leon were our arguably our most important O and D players plus we lost plenty of other guys during the year. Stop w/ the injury excuse.

Sanchez looked like crap in the 1st half of the title game? do you watch football?

I don't complain about your 2008 team making the playoffs, I just point out that you had an easy road to get in so if you think we were given something then you must think you guys were as well. you guys earned it last year, we earned it this year but we also did something in postseason this year unlike Miami '08.

You can make all the excuses you want, my team was 30 mins from the Super Bowl, your team was blown out at home in the '08 WC game.

Sorry, this isn't TGG or JI. You've entered FH, the "No Spin Zone."
vmq2s0-1.jpg

and you can make all the excuses you want, your team twice "beat" a dead team and QB walking..and as far as our PO beat down.. as the first 3 games proved this season, that sure wouldn't have happened with Henne in there to keep Rex from cheating. (Rex is 0-2 vs Henne, no reason to think he wouldn't have been 0-3). But I do agree props to schotty making sanchez look like a poor man's trent dilfer for as long as possible.

Correction: with Peyton actually in there, you were actually 60 minutes away from a SB whether you care to acknowledge it or not. Realilstically with Peyton playing the 2nd half of the infamous back-in game, you were at the least a season away from the SB. Then again, using that convoluted spin, I guess we can say we were 15 minutes away from defeating both of the SB contestants when they were actually trying.

But although the odds are over 55mil to 1, I guess sooner or later someone's gonna win Powerball, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
and you can make all the excuses you want, your team twice "beat" a dead team and QB walking..and as far as our PO beat down.. as the first 3 games proved this season, that sure wouldn't have happened with Henne in there to keep Rex from cheating. (Rex is 0-2 vs Henne, no reason to think he wouldn't have been 0-3). But I do agree props to schotty making sanchez look like a poor man's trent dilfer for as long as possible.

Correction: with Peyton actually in there, you were actually 60 minutes away from a SB whether you care to acknowledge it or not. Realilstically with Peyton playing the 2nd half of the infamous back-in game, you were at the least a season away from the SB. Then again, using that convoluted spin, I guess we can say we were 15 minutes away from defeating both of the SB contestants when they were actually trying.

But although the odds are over 55mil to 1, I guess sooner or later someone's gonna win Powerball, eh?[/COLOR]

You are the one spinning and whining about injuries and hoe the Jets made it. Cincy played their started the first half and we were up 27-0.

Henne played great against us the first time, the 2nd time he looked like a scared little boy, he got lucky 3 non-offensive TDs were scored or you would have had no chance.

We had a lead in the 3rd qtr, we were actually less than 30 mins away from the SB but I will cut you some slack. You haven't been tot a title game in almost 20 years so you probably forgot how it works.

You are the one spinning and whining about injuries and hoe the Jets made it. Cincy played their started the first half and we were up 27-0.

Henne played great against us the first time, the 2nd time he looked like a scared little boy, he got lucky 3 non-offensive TDs were scored or you would have had no chance.

We had a lead in the 3rd qtr, we were actually less than 30 mins away from the SB but I will cut you some slack. You haven't been tot a title game in almost 20 years so you probably forgot how it works.

And you haven't been to a SB game since 69.. a criterion which, until your team stepped in ****, was your only measurement mantra. Henne vs Rex 0-3, 09-present Jest vs Fins 1-3, Jest vs Miami SB appearances: 1-2. Anything else is meaningless, that's unless you're slicing and dicing stats to conveniently suit your purpose, whatever it is that day.

Again, with Peyton in there actually trying, the Jest were as close to the SB as you are to Meagan Fox's bed. :lol::pop:

And you haven't been to a SB game since 69.. a criterion which, until your team stepped in ****, was your only measurement mantra. Henne vs Rex 0-3, 09-present Jest vs Fins 1-3, Jest vs Miami SB appearances: 1-2. Anything else is meaningless, that's unless you're slicing and dicing stats to conveniently suit your purpose, whatever it is that day.

Again, with Peyton in there actually trying, the Jest were as close to the SB as you are to Meagan Fox's bed. :lol::pop:

and you haven't been in a SB in 25 years(another humiliating lsoss by the way) an dhaven't won one asince 1973- what is your point?

How did henne beat rex 3 times?

How did the '09 jets go 1-3 against Miami?

You know Miami has made 5 SB apps, right? You are so flustered you have no idea what you are posting.

You can whine and cry all you want but we made it further tha you guys have in almost 20 years and I KNOW it irritates you:lol2:

And the Jets were lucky that Manning and Co. were taken out of the game in Week 16. Yeah they were only up 5 but that 100% sealed the fate of the game at that point.

The end result is that no team goes on without luck being on their side. It happens to everyone. What people on this site don't understand is that the Jets did what they had to do and they got into the PO. It's typical message board bravado here. The fans on this site dislike the Jets so much they'll grasp straws all day and all night if they can just to make themselves feel better about stuff they can't control.

And the Jets were lucky that Manning and Co. were taken out of the game in Week 16. Yeah they were only up 5 but that 100% sealed the fate of the game at that point.

The end result is that no team goes on without luck being on their side. It happens to everyone. What people on this site don't understand is that the Jets did what they had to do and they got into the PO. It's typical message board bravado here. The fans on this site dislike the Jets so much they'll grasp straws all day and all night if they can just to make themselves feel better about stuff they can't control.

Yea the Jets should not have gotten in..But they did..They played their way in one way or another...

They ended up winning two games..Granted they had great matchups in those 2 games but they still won...

And in one of those games the Cincy game they won going away..

You gotta give it up to them they got hot at the right time...

I cant really draw any conclusions from their season just like ours..

They got 2 and 4 in the divison...basically given a playoff spot by teams who were not playing starters then they win two games in the playoffs..

Sometimes its all about getting hot and thats it..

There ya go again with your puke green slicing and dicing. You need to stop with that fairytale. As long as Peyton was in there and trying, you stood as much of a chance of seeing the SB as Milli Vanilli does of winning a Grammy. Oh wait.. they did and were a fraud too!:jcane:

As strong an argument can be made that the Fins were less than 15 mins away from defeating both SB combatants and this just-as-valid "woulda/coulda" gets us up to 9-7 and into the POs with Henne lighting up the dead Cinci D. Just as likely a hypothetical scenario as yours.:oops:

There ya go again with your puke green slicing and dicing. You need to stop with that fairytale. As long as Peyton was in there and trying, you stood as much of a chance of seeing the SB as Milli Vanilli does of winning a Grammy. Oh wait.. they did and were a fraud too!:jcane:

As strong an argument can be made that the Fins were less than 15 mins away from defeating both SB combatants and this just-as-valid "woulda/coulda" gets us up to 9-7 and into the POs with Henne lighting up the dead Cinci D. Just as likely a hypothetical scenario as yours.:oops:

It's funny how upset you get. It doesn't matter the circumstances, the facts are we were playing for a chance to go to the Super Bowl. You haven't had that opportunity in 17 years.

It's funny how upset you get. It doesn't matter the circumstances, the facts are we were playing for a chance to go to the Super Bowl. You haven't had that opportunity in 17 years.

according to you when it comes to team legacies and past performance, this is the only thing that matters:

But then again, if I'm wrong, you've got a long way to go to rise from being the perennial divisional doormat.:tongue2:
(I sense a conveniently parsed statistical spin coming on)

30molfr-1.jpg

according to you when it comes to team legacies and past performance, this is the only thing that matters:

But then again, if I'm wrong, you've got a long way to go to rise from being the perennial divisional doormat.:tongue2:
(I sense a conveniently parsed statistical spin coming on)

You guys have been more the doormat this decade than we have. we are clearly the 2nd best team behind NE this decade, just this postseason alone we doubled the amount of postseason wins you guys had all decade.

I have always said Miami has the better fracnhise historically, it's not even close. When I have pointed out the fact that you guys only have 1 more SB title it's when folks like you act like Miami is an elite franchise and clearly you are not.

You guys have been more the doormat this decade than we have. we are clearly the 2nd best team behind NE this decade, just this postseason alone we doubled the amount of postseason wins you guys had all decade.

I have always said Miami has the better fracnhise historically, it's not even close. When I have pointed out the fact that you guys only have 1 more SB title it's when folks like you act like Miami is an elite franchise and clearly you are not.

Do it on a consistent basis and maybe the Jets will be respected. The Bucs won the SB some years back which means they won a few playoff games in that decade (and been to the playoffs four times since 2000). Does this mean they're a better team than both the Jets and Phins?

Do it on a consistent basis and maybe the Jets will be respected. The Bucs won the SB some years back which means they won a few playoff games in that decade (and been to the playoffs four times since 2000). Does this mean they're a better team than both the Jets and Phins?

They had a better decade than both of us and we have been fairly consistent. Not many teams have more playoff apps than us this decade.

They had a better decade than both of us and we have been fairly consistent. Not many teams have more playoff apps than us this decade.

I guess. It's still like saying though that you banged 200 ugly chicks and only one hot one in the last 40 years for the both of us :)

It wouldn't make sense for people on here to act like the franchise is elite b/c of the lack of Super Bowls in the last 20 years. I don't think anyone here thinks the Dolphins franchise is elite. They might assume the Dolphins are more elite than the Jets which is where you're confusing folks' comments.

Back
Top Bottom