Jets-Chargers | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Chargers

Jalen Hurts played a brain dead game. He threw three picks, Swift put in on the ground. 4-0 turnover advantage for the Jets.

That's really been the script all season. Just don't turn the ball over against the Jets and they won't (can't) beat you.

Wins:
over Bills 22-16 in OT. Allen threw three picks, Bills lost a fumble.
over Broncos, 31-21. Broncos three fumbles lost.
over Eagles 24-20. Hurts three three picks, Swift lost a fumble.
over Giants 13-10. The one time the Jets won and didn't get any turnovers....but that was the game where the Giants had to basically just run every down because they were down to a crappy third string QB.

Losses:
to Cowboys: no turnovers.
To Patriots: no turnovers.
to Kansas City: Mahomes had two interceptions.
to Los Angeles: no turnovers.

Never has a team NEEDED turnovers so much in order to win, IMO.
which is why it's so important Tua and miami doesn't turn the ball over vs jets. The defense is very tough to score a lot of points but their offense is lethargic. Have to get enough points and have good field position and force wilson to have to march 80 yards to score points. As we can see that's hard for wilsona and jets offense

Yeah, I get that. Ekeler hasn't helped him out much, dropping two or three passes.

But I have more of a problem with -- at this point -- 37 called pass plays v. 13 run plays for the Chargers so far.
they should have ran more because the jets pass defense is tougher then the run defense. Jets were ran over by barley and ekeler is a good rb

Does our win against the Chargers now count as beating a good team since they’re 4-4? It’s so hard to keep up with how that all works.
I was just thinking or wondering that. I mean, they are .500 so they might be seen as an average team, not good but not bad. I guess if chargers beat lions next week and go 5-4, then miami's win vs chargers should count as beating a good team

Jalen Hurts played a brain dead game. He threw three picks, Swift put in on the ground. 4-0 turnover advantage for the Jets.

That's really been the script all season. Just don't turn the ball over against the Jets and they won't (can't) beat you.

Wins:
over Bills 22-16 in OT. Allen threw three picks, Bills lost a fumble.
over Broncos, 31-21. Broncos three fumbles lost.
over Eagles 24-20. Hurts three three picks, Swift lost a fumble.
over Giants 13-10. The one time the Jets won and didn't get any turnovers....but that was the game where the Giants had to basically just run every down because they were down to a crappy third string QB.

Losses:
to Cowboys: no turnovers.
To Patriots: no turnovers.
to Kansas City: Mahomes had two interceptions.
to Los Angeles: no turnovers.

Never has a team NEEDED turnovers so much in order to win, IMO.

Thanks for this break down. Doesn’t make me feel confident for our team.

I don’t think we’ve played a clean game all season?

I saw one of Herbert’s receivers run the wrong route 2 times with Herbert throwing short. I only thought that this happens to our dolphins. I doubt the Charger fans will be jumping off bridges and blaming Herbert for this.

Last edited:
Hard to believe they beat the Bills and the eagles 🦅

What you’re pointing out here is a counter argument to the whole “the Dolphins haven’t beaten a team with a winning record” thing.

Well, both the Jests and Broncos have beaten supposed good teams in the Iggles and Chiefs respectively. Yet the Jests and Broncos have also lost to the Cheatriots and Raiders respectively and are collectively 7-9.

The Cheatriots beat Bills. Yet are 2-7 now.

So what do those wins over winning teams mean? Nothing, apparently.

Conversely, while Miami hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record, they also haven’t lost to any teams with a .500 or losing record. Something the Bills, Chiefs and Iggles all have done.

I gotta ask, why does beating good teams matter more than losing to inferior teams?

At least when the Dolphins lost to teams with a collective record of 20-7 they did so minus several key players along their offensive line, defensive back field and arguably their most explosive play maker outside Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle.

I saw one of Herbert’s receivers run the wrong route 2 times with Herbert throwing short. I only that that this happens to our dolphins. I doubt the Charger fans will be jumping off bridges and blaming Herbert for this.

He also nearly missed a wide open Keenan Allen for a big play again, but, fortunately for the Chargers, Allen made a phenomenal adjustment on the poorly thrown ball and came down with it.

We’ve been turning the ball over. Hopefully we don’t make it easier for them.

Honestly a simple approach is all you need to beat them.

No running plays and passes behind the LOS. Especially against that defense.

Think McD is going to listen?

If the o-line is mostly back together when we play them in a few weeks and if Achane is back and making the same type of impact he made prior to his injury — I believe the Jests defense will be in for a long day.

They’re good, but not good enough to stop a Dolphins offense at full strength and playing up to their potential. I don’t believe the Iggles and Chiefs defenses are either. Unfortunately they didn’t see the same personnel that torched Denver for 10 TD’s.

If the o-line is mostly back together when we play them in a few weeks and if Achane is back and making the same type of impact he made prior to his injury — I believe the Jests defense will be in for a long day.

They’re good, but not good enough to stop a Dolphins offense at full strength and playing up to their potential. I don’t believe the Iggles and Chiefs defenses are either. Unfortunately they didn’t see the same personnel that torched Denver for 10 TD’s.

Agree to an extent. I think those outside zone runs caught a lot of teams early on by suprise.

But not any more. Defenses have been able to study it and learn how to play it. Mainly it seems by cheating and beating the would be blockers to the spot.

Even fully healthy we need some counters.

Agree to an extent. I think those outside zone runs caught a lot of teams early on by suprise.

But not any more. Defenses have been able to study it and learn how to play it. Mainly it seems by cheating and beating the would be blockers to the spot.

Even fully healthy we need some counters.

Speed still defeats all. With Achane back, it’s nearly impossible to defend 4 dudes with elite speed. Especially if the starting line is back.

Furthermore, if defenses anticipate and jump the outside zones, then other plays are there. Including the middle of the field on zone read pass plays — which is what this offense wants anyway.

So pick your poison carefully. One false step and it’s potentially six.

It was easier to defend with backups to backups playing on the line and with Achane out and Waddle a bit banged up.

But with a cast of healthy players or remotely close to it, good luck. Just ask Denver, who just limited KC to 9 points.

Mike McD has plenty of counters. He’s a smart dude. We all know that. The problem has been having the right personnel to run things. And committing unforced penalties. They get everyone back in the lineup and clean that up and the stars are the limit.

Last edited:
I was just thinking or wondering that. I mean, they are .500 so they might be seen as an average team, not good but not bad. I guess if chargers beat lions next week and go 5-4, then miami's win vs chargers should count as beating a good team

Lol

Funny thing is Herbert was a pre season MVP candidate and that was marked the game of the week. 2 playoff contenders.

Now all of a sudden they were a bad team and our win meant nothing against them

Back
Top Bottom