Jets-Chargers | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Chargers

Jests are still a poorly coached team whom does not pose a serious threat at the current time.

I’m not sure they’re a poorly coached team. A poorly coached teams doesn’t beat the Bills and the Eagles and find a way to beat the Giants when they should have lost. Consider we lost to two of those same teams and they didn’t.

I just think they don’t have a QB once Rogers went down.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say with that same coaching staff and a healthy Rogers they’d easily be 2-3 wins better than their current record and threatening yo take the Division.

Does our win against the Chargers now count as beating a good team since they’re 4-4? It’s so hard to keep up with how that all works.
NFL should go full Dancing With the Stars mode and add a 4th column to the standings for style points , maybe let the audience vote on playoff tie-breakers. Enough of this "actual record" non-sense, that's way too black and white.

Zach Wilson is horrible.

That said, that receiving crew for for the Jets outside of G Wilson? Horrid. And Rogers is the one that saddled them with Lazard and Cobb.
He made them sign Lazard to a 4 year deal. 🤣🤣

Wins:
over Bills 22-16 in OT. Allen threw three picks, Bills lost a fumble.
over Broncos, 31-21. Broncos three fumbles lost.
over Eagles 24-20. Hurts three three picks, Swift lost a fumble.
over Giants 13-10. The one time the Jets won and didn't get any turnovers....but that was the game where the Giants had to basically just run every down because they were down to a crappy third string QB.
The Jets were so lucky to win this game. Wilson's last completion of the game was in the middle of the field with no time outs and the clock running out and they spiked it with one second left. Could have easily been a false start as well but the refs seem to never call that for whatever reason

Speed still defeats all. With Achane back, it’s nearly impossible to defend 4 dudes with elite speed. Especially if the starting line is back.

Furthermore, if defenses anticipate and jump the outside zones, then other plays are there. Including the middle of the field on zone read pass plays — which is what this offense wants anyway.

So pick your poison carefully. One false step and it’s potentially six.

It was easier to defend with backups to backups playing on the line and with Achane out and Waddle a bit banged up.

But with a cast of healthy players or remotely close to it, good luck. Just ask Denver, who just limited KC to 9 points.

Mike McD has plenty of counters. He’s a smart dude. We all know that. The problem has been having the right personnel to run things. And committing unforced penalties. They get everyone back in the lineup and clean that up and the stars are the limit.

I hear you! I honestly just hate the concept of plays behind the LOS. If/When they work then great. When they don’t it usually result in huge losses. 5-8 yard type variety.

That’s mainly what killed us in the KC game. Instead of 3rd and 8 for example. Now you’re facing 3rd and 16th.

Jalen Hurts played a brain dead game. He threw three picks, Swift put in on the ground. 4-0 turnover advantage for the Jets.

That's really been the script all season. Just don't turn the ball over against the Jets and they won't (can't) beat you.

Wins:
over Bills 22-16 in OT. Allen threw three picks, Bills lost a fumble.
over Broncos, 31-21. Broncos three fumbles lost.
over Eagles 24-20. Hurts three three picks, Swift lost a fumble.
over Giants 13-10. The one time the Jets won and didn't get any turnovers....but that was the game where the Giants had to basically just run every down because they were down to a crappy third string QB.

Losses:
to Cowboys: no turnovers.
To Patriots: no turnovers.
to Kansas City: Mahomes had two interceptions.
to Los Angeles: no turnovers.

Never has a team NEEDED turnovers so much in order to win, IMO.
Except the 2019 dolphins

What did they say? I can only imagine.

First, the focus was on TT. No mention of Mcd, bad snaps, penalties, etc. He doesn't tuck and run although he has the talent. (Don't know if that's his decision or restrictions from Mcd). Second the last play of the KC game was TT's fault. I can accept TT AND Williams are to blame, but that's as far as I can go.
Every talking head said about the same thing; TT shrinks in big games/critical moments, showing moments to affirm that, he seems to fall at the 1st sign of heavy pressure and not scramble, doesn't look for 'secondary' receivers. I may get flamed, but some of that is reasonable. Again, my problem was the black and white. does TT not look ant Berrios or Claypool, or is TT always 1st read and waddle 2nd by design? Is his discomfort in critical downs pressure of the moment or dissatisfaction of the play call? TT has the same problem as Mcd and the team. He needs to get that monkey off his back. Justified or not, there has to be areason the NFL's top passer and the most talent-filled O in the league can't score more than 17 against a good D.

Thanks for this break down. Doesn’t make me feel confident for our team.

I don’t think we’ve played a clean game all season?
Two games with no turnovers -- Denver and Carolina. Three other games with one turnover. IMO it's extremely difficult for the Jets to win any game without 2+ turnovers.

First, the focus was on TT. No mention of Mcd, bad snaps, penalties, etc. He doesn't tuck and run although he has the talent. (Don't know if that's his decision or restrictions from Mcd). Second the last play of the KC game was TT's fault. I can accept TT AND Williams are to blame, but that's as far as I can go.
Every talking head said about the same thing; TT shrinks in big games/critical moments, showing moments to affirm that, he seems to fall at the 1st sign of heavy pressure and not scramble, doesn't look for 'secondary' receivers. I may get flamed, but some of that is reasonable. Again, my problem was the black and white. does TT not look ant Berrios or Claypool, or is TT always 1st read and waddle 2nd by design? Is his discomfort in critical downs pressure of the moment or dissatisfaction of the play call? TT has the same problem as Mcd and the team. He needs to get that monkey off his back. Justified or not, there has to be areason the NFL's top passer and the most talent-filled O in the league can't score more than 17 against a good D.
Meh. If Tua was running the ball, those same talking heads would be talking about how the Dolphins were putting the 'easily concussable Tua in danger'. They are just looking for an easy narrative to put out and get views.

Lol

Funny thing is Herbert was a pre season MVP candidate and that was marked the game of the week. 2 playoff contenders.

Now all of a sudden they were a bad team and our win meant nothing against them
So colin cowturd actually spun things so much to try to sell or back up his love for herbert. He mentioned how Herbert's bad game actually added to prove how herbert is an elite qb lol. I swear to god, what some ppl do to lie to themselves because they have love for a player. God Tua or another qb could play well most of the time but one big miss or that and he's not so good anymore

I hear you! I honestly just hate the concept of plays behind the LOS. If/When they work then great. When they don’t it usually result in huge losses. 5-8 yard type variety.

That’s mainly what killed us in the KC game. Instead of 3rd and 8 for example. Now you’re facing 3rd and 16th.

I’m with you there.

I’m not sure they’re a poorly coached team. A poorly coached teams doesn’t beat the Bills and the Eagles and find a way to beat the Giants when they should have lost. Consider we lost to two of those same teams and they didn’t.

They lost to the 2-7 Cheatriots and we didn’t. They easily could have and probably should have lost to the Giants, who the Dolphins beat easily.

That pointed out, I agree that they aren’t a poor coached team. I believe Salah and staff are good coaches. I just don’t believe their team is all that good even if Rodgers was playing. That was my stance prior to the injury and it is still my stance.

In fact, I was a tad irritated when Rodgers got hurt because it became an immediate excuse for something I felt was going to happen anyway. That team underperforming expectations.

Even for the few plays Rodgers was in, they didn’t look good. He was pressured and looked erratic. Their o-line troubles weren’t going anywhere. The defense is good, but not as good as some purport.

Regardless, I give them credit for managing a 4-4 record when they easily could be 2-6 or even 1-7. Credit for that largely goes to their coaching staff, IMO.

They lost to the 2-7 Cheatriots and we didn’t. They easily could have and probably should have lost to the Giants, who the Dolphins beat easily.

That pointed out, I agree that they aren’t a poor coached team. I believe Salah and staff are good coaches. I just don’t believe their team is all that good even if Rodgers was playing. That was my stance prior to the injury and it is still my stance.

In fact, I was a tad irritated when Rodgers got hurt because it became an immediate excuse for something I felt was going to happen anyway. That team underperforming expectations.

Even for the few plays Rodgers was in, they didn’t look good. He was pressured and looked erratic. Their o-line troubles weren’t going anywhere. The defense is good, but not as good as some purport.

Regardless, I give them credit for managing a 4-4 record when they easily could be 2-6 or even 1-7. Credit for that largely goes to their coaching staff, IMO.

Have you watched Zack play QB for them. There’s no way you’re suggesting Rogers wouldn’t be a substantial upgrade over that?

He clearly is and with the way their defense have played I have no doubt they’d be one of the AFC record leaders right now.

Back
Top Bottom