Jets-Evans....what an ass | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Evans....what an ass

Robertson was a good college player, not a dominant player like Warren Sapp was at UM. I'm not sure how he is going to progress from the 2nd team SEC to the Pro Bowl in one season as the Jets fans would have us believe.

Remember in NO, Ricky was heavier and was used constantly to bang at LB's 30-40 times in a game. Now he is lean, and fast, and doesn't take the beating so consistently. Don't forget he is playing on the best grass in the league. That dome astroturf gets everybody hurt.

Maybe Robertson will be a stud but the whole Sapp comparison, c'mon. Let's remember that Robertson played at Kentucky and Sapp at Miami. Who was in the better program and faced better competition?

Originally posted by zachseau13
Robertson was a good college player, not a dominant player like Warren Sapp was at UM. I'm not sure how he is going to progress from the 2nd team SEC to the Pro Bowl in one season as the Jets fans would have us believe.

While we're on the topic, I noticed this in Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback column at si.com. You may not always agree with King (neither do I), and you may think he writes a bit too much about girl's softball and field hockey, but I do usually enjoy his columns and generally respect his work as a sports journalist. Also, if anything, he's considered to be a NY homer, or at least a northeast homer (Philly-NJ-NY-Boston). Here's what he said:

"7. I think, and I hate to be a wet Jets blanket, that this is what Mike Starr, a Kentucky writer who follows Wildcats football, wrote about the first draft pick of the Jets last week: "I have discounted multiple personalities, alternate universes and identity theft. Nope, of all the explanations, this is the most logical: There are two Dewayne Robertsons. The 'old' Dewayne Robertson was a good, occasionally, but never consistently great defensive tackle for the Kentucky Wildcats. A player whose UK career yielded no higher honor than last season's second-team All-SEC designation. The 'new' Dewayne Robertson --- the one that the NFL hype machine kept pumping and pumping and pumping in the weeks leading up to the pro football draft -- has morphed into a superhuman. Or, at the least, a clone of Tampa Bay Buccaneers superstar Warren Sapp." The Jets traded two first-round picks and a fourth-rounder to move up to take Robertson, who played two-thirds of the plays last year for Kentucky and had 5 1/2 sacks. When Robertson showed up at Jets camp for a weekend minicamp, beat man Dave Hutchinson from the (Newark) Star-Ledger reported that he "has energized the entire organization. Front office personnel, coaches, scouts and veteran players were wearing ear-to-ear smiles. Coach Herman Edwards was absolutely giddy. … "

Doesn't it seem like they panicked over the need to do something or anything about having Ricky run over them? It seems like the rest of the AFC East spent the offseason trying to find personnel who could stop the run.:)

Back
Top Bottom