Jets Fire Todd Bowles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Fire Todd Bowles

Not as much fun when these teams don't even wait until Monday morning, per tradition.

I guess it's like Christmas trees. The lots used to remain open through Christmas Eve. Now they are cleared out 10 days earlier to make way for fireworks.

At least the Canes managed a 6-hour head coaching search. Or was it 10?

Love him as a DC but they need to fix the FO before I start thinking about the coaching staff.

Not as much fun when these teams don't even wait until Monday morning, per tradition.

I guess it's like Christmas trees. The lots used to remain open through Christmas Eve. Now they are cleared out 10 days earlier to make way for fireworks.

At least the Canes managed a 6-hour head coaching search. Or was it 10?
Black Monday is following Black Friday’s lead.

Not head coaching material now or in the future but agree he'd be an inspired DC choice.

Bros, I think we should sign him as DC. Would be a huge upgrade over Matt Burke. Thoughts?
I think he'd be a great pick for DC, but we've yet to see who's gonna be the Head Coach yet, if Gase does indeed go down.

What makes y'all think he'd want back in this organization? And props to the jets for making a move right or wrong. Got a feeling everyone will be back in Miami next year.​

Not head coaching material now or in the future but agree he'd be an inspired DC choice.

Don’t want to pick on you specifically Vaark, this is more in response to many similar posts. Why are some fans immediately eliminating Bowles as a potential HC candidate?

The Jets job was his first HC job. It didn’t work out largely because he wasn’t given talent to work with. Annually, we see the head coaching carousel spin and some of these retreads are given the benefit of the doubt over others. Why not Bowles? And specifically, why not Bowles in Miami where he was well liked and respected by the organization and the locker room?

Don’t want to pick on you specifically Vaark, this is more in response to many similar posts. Why are some fans immediately eliminating Bowles as a potential HC candidate?

The Jets job was his first HC job. It didn’t work out largely because he wasn’t given talent to work with. Annually, we see the head coaching carousel spin and some of these retreads are given the benefit of the doubt over others. Why not Bowles? And specifically, why not Bowles in Miami where he was well liked and respected by the organization and the locker room?

A similar argument can be made for Gase considering all the injuries he had to coach through. And who's to say that his 2nd HC job won't result in success.

Let's not forget that even Belichick , after his losing record as Cleveland's HC, spent 4 years as an assistant before he got his NYJ/NE HC offers.

Maybe you're right about Bowles, although every time I saw him on the sideline, he looked shell-shocked or like a deer caught in the headlight.. but have him go back to DC'ing for at least a few years to re-prove himself before the Fins or any other team considers shooting craps on him.

Yeah u guys are right about the HC situation first. Word is ross is gonna take his time.... I dunno if this is good or bad.

IMO if Ross take his time then the Dolphins will lose out on getting the best staff in place Getting Bowles back to Miami is a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom