Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

Both teams showed resolve to have a chance at a playoff spot at the last week and the Titans faced an 0-6 start and VY rejuvenated them, went 8-2 through sheer will Titans > Jets and it showed.
You realize the early season games count as much as the late season games right? Actually I was wrong anyway, they would not have made the playoffs if they got to 9 wins. You know why? Oh yeah that is right because the Jets beat them too!

JT is one of the best players of all time, and will go down as one.

one of the best dolphins(and a poster boy for the failures of the 2000s) but he's nowhere near one of the best players of all-time. Generally those types of players step up in big games, that's something jason never did.

JT will be a HOF'er which makes him one of the best players of all time right?

Let's say he doesn't get in, and is one of those guys that is on the ballot but never actually gets in...he's STILL one of the best players of all time right?

He's probably top 5 pass rushers of this past decade, if not the top as he has the most sacks amongst active players and such.

is he BETTER than bruce smith? i dunno, prolly not but it was a different decade all together.

aside from the fact that JT was on some **** teams even when he did make the playoffs...perhaps maybe...just maybe those bills teams smith was on had some more and better talent around him than JT making it easier to diffuse JT in those games.

troll troll troll your boat jet losers

We'll see about that, there are much better pass rushers not in the Hall right now so I think you'll be waiting a long time to see him get to the Hall.

If you think he's in the discussion w/ Bruce Smith you are being a homer. He is nowhere near bruce Smith.

I honestly knew your defense was better than ours and so is your team as whole but i guess us beating you the last 3 times is payback for all those years you guys sucked and would still beat us. Especially that 1-15 season lol

i do think we have the better QB of the two so far and our RBs are better. We are still rebuilding. We will be good for a very long time if we keep drafting like this.

Making the Playoffs is making the playoffs even though those last two games were gimmies. Congrats on that. There were plenty of chances for you guys to fold but you guys came thru.

I will be wary though expect a much better game from the Bengals this week.

We didn't beat you in the 1-15 season but we did beat you the year before when we were 3-13.

The team we almost shutout on their homefield deserved it more than we did?

Steelers, Tennessee, Atlanta (although NFC, they did well enough to garner a playoff spot over here and beat the Jets)

Pitt lost 5 straight including games to oak, KC and Cleveland.

We beat the Titans

To make you look more like a retard, the first game was played in Miami, the second in Giants Stadium.

I believe he meant at home referring to Miami, at least that is the way I interpreted it.

We'll see about that, there are much better pass rushers not in the Hall right now so I think you'll be waiting a long time to see him get to the Hall.

Now thats a little outlandish, he is almost guarenteed a spot in the HOF. He is the most dominant pass rusher of the millenia, and has the best numbers of the guys that played with him. Now when you compare him to bruce smith of course he pales a little bit but so would alot of other greats. And to be fair bruce had an absolutely AMAZING team around him those four years, Jason never had anywhere near that amount of talent around him, on either side of the ball.

Now thats a little outlandish, he is almost guarenteed a spot in the HOF. He is the most dominant pass rusher of the millenia, and has the best numbers of the guys that played with him. Now when you compare him to bruce smith of course he pales a little bit but so would alot of other greats. And to be fair bruce had an absolutely AMAZING team around him those four years, Jason never had anywhere near that amount of talent around him, on either side of the ball.

He is not close to guaranteed a HOF spot. Again, there are MUCH better pass rushers not in the Hall.

Who did Bruce Smith have around him? Cornelius bennett? Taylor had Zach Thomas and his D's were always highly rated in the reg season and never showed up in big games. Bruce had an amazing offensive team but that D was far from amazing. In all his years in Buf those D's were top 10 just 5 times in points allowed and 6 times in YA. The D's qw/ taylor was top 10 in PA 7 times in less years. Those Buf D's were not great, they were made to look alot better b/c of Bruce.

He is not close to guaranteed a HOF spot. Again, there are MUCH better pass rushers not in the Hall.

Who did Bruce Smith have around him? Cornelius bennett? Taylor had Zach Thomas and his D's were always highly rated in the reg season and never showed up in big games. Bruce had an amazing offensive team but that D was far from amazing. In all his years in Buf those D's were top 10 just 5 times in points allowed and 6 times in YA. The D's qw/ taylor was top 10 in PA 7 times in less years. Those Buf D's were not great, they were made to look alot better b/c of Bruce.

Ok point taken, now who are the "MUCH" better pass rushers?

Be realistic NYJUNC, JT WILL get in the HOF whether is on play alone or a combination of play and fame. You mention his name anywhere around NFL fans and every single one knows who is Jason Taylor is.

Ok point taken, now who are the "MUCH" better pass rushers?

Strahan- not out long enough but it's going to take him a while too.
Richard Dent
Chris Doleman
Kevin Greene
John randle(DT not DE)
Leslie O'Neal
Rickey jackson
Simeon Rice

Even gastineau was a much better pass rusher though Taylor was the better all around player.

Be realistic NYJUNC, JT WILL get in the HOF whether is on play alone or a combination of play and fame. You mention his name anywhere around NFL fans and every single one knows who is Jason Taylor is.

So what? They know alot of players names that aren't in the hall. There will be a 5 year wait until he is eligible and his career will be dissected. They'll notcuie the poor play in big games, only 6 seasons w/ double digit sacks, being the leader of a D that always folded in big games, a guy who shot his way out from a 1-15 team to dance on TV then came crawling back when that team won 11 games w/o him.

Hey I may have to agree with Junkhead here. Jason is a crapshoot taking a look at how the standards for admission have been upgraded since a QB with 1 more win than losses, barely a 50% completing rate, a QB rating below 70 and 48 more career interceptions than TDs made an early mockery of HOF standards. Hell, maybe that's even why the hall has become more discriminating. Maybe they'll take into consideration Jason's impressive body of work and vote him in rather than taking a look at his being lucky more so than effective after making a prediction in 1 game. But I'll guess we'll see, won't we?

Ill buy Dent and Rice, all others were unsung heroes....and Straham was only that much of a force in his last seasons...he wasnt unstoppable for as long as JT was.

Ill buy Dent and Rice, all others were unsung heroes....and Straham was only that much of a force in his last seasons...he wasnt unstoppable for as long as JT was.

Strahan was also an underachiever in big games but he was a huge force in leading the Giants to the SB. I don't believe Starahn is a HOFer but I think he'd get in ahead of taylor. he led the NFL in sacks twice, holds the sack record(as bogus as that is) and was a 1st team AP 4 times.

23r7dyg-1.jpg

You guys are hilarious. If the Lfins didn't completely collapse down the stretch losing there last 3 games they'd be in over the Jets and you wouldn't have to make up lame excuses. All they needed was 1 win. The fins are as much to blame for the Jets getting in as the Colts and Bengals.

The Jets were right in the Colts game only down 5 when they pulled there starters. There's no way to say what would have happened. They also completely dominated the Bengals starters.

Back
Top Bottom