Jets-J. Abraham "sprains" MCL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-J. Abraham "sprains" MCL

Most definitely. Abraham is probably about where JT was at that point in his career in terms of stopping the run. In terms of passrush Abraham is lightyears ahead of where JT was at this point in his career, however it also looks like Abraham has topped out whereas JT was still improving.

They both have the ability to get 16 sack seasons.

I'm not getting into who's better again, but how do you say that Abraham has topped off? There is no basis for that.

In terms of passrushing? How do you say that he's still getting better? He looked pretty much the same this year as he did last year. Are you that much of a homer to try and say that Abraham will be the next Strahan and collect 20+ sacks in a season?? Come on. Jason Taylor at this point in his career was still improving, but he definitely needed the improvement even in the passrush department because he wasn't getting at the QB nearly as much as he is now.

I would definitely say that J. Abraham is a very talented DE and if he improves on stopping the run, he could be just as good as JT.

OMG! JT had a MUCH better year last year than the year before.

He occupies many blockers and allows his teammates to make plays. Abraham didn't have anyone double teaming him at all last year. Sacks are an overrated stat. The fact that he can't be run on, plays every down, and is a team leader make him MUCH better than Abraham.

Yes, I hope for him to have a ligament injury because he will still live, and play again, but it will make it easier for us to hand you Jits your a$$es this year.

I figured you to be a smart guy who had the misguided perception the Jits were a good team to root for. But if you keep making posts like that, I'll have to see you're no different than any other Jit fan. The Pro Bowl is voted by players based on popularity and many just look at sack totals to vote. JT had a better year last year, and will so again.

I don't think sacks are overrated. They are drive killers. Its the other stuff, tackles, holding up at the point of attack against the run, pressures and hurries, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries, that are all UNDERRATED and not paid enough attention to.

Gotta include EVERY stat you can find.

Taylor - 86 tackles...7 stuffs...9 sacks...25 hurries...8 PassDef...1 INT...4 ForcFum...4 FumRec...1 TD

Abraham - 57 tackles*...3 stuffs...13 sacks...0 PassDef...0 INT...6 ForcFum...3 FumRec...1 TD

*I have to note that I couldn't get any real tackle stats for Abraham other than the standard NFL.com-type garbage. I don't put stock into what's posted there. Also couldn't find QB hurry stats. So that must be noted.

But also you have to admit the jets defenseline wasn't as talented as Dolphins. So teams could game plan around john abraham. Thats why tackles are pretty overrated stat because Dolphins had Bowen, gardner. K Mixon to worry about; I think the jets didn't have any quality Dt so naturally Abraham not going to get as many chances as taylor. I hate to say it but I think abraham is Better than Jason taylor. Hes the only player you worried about on that dl and he still put up the numbers. thats impressive.

I never root for injuries. I hate the Jets, but I would never ever want any player, even a Jet, to have a career ending injury. This is despite what the Jets did to Dwight Stevenson.

With that said, I hope Abraham recovers fully so that when we play this year I won't have to listen to Jet fans complaining that they would have won with him.

I rescind my post about wanting Abraham to get hurt. I was a little fired up after reading that post of him being better.

I also agree sacks are drive killers, but if all you get is some sacks and allow a team to run all over you, you're not doing your team alot of good. Simeon Rice gets alot of sacks but until last year couldn't handle run at all and wasn't good for his team because of it.

JT all-aroung game helps our team more than him getting a few more sacks and alloing a team to run on him and a QB to step up and make big plays with his legs.

Abraham is good,but as good as JT? Come on.

Back
Top Bottom