Jets Open As One Point Favorite Versus Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Open As One Point Favorite Versus Dolphins

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
They do not remain underdogs long, however. In the initial Week 2 odds collected by OddsShark the Jets opened as a one-point favorite over the Miami Dolphins. Yes, the anti-love for the Dolphins around the national media and in the preseason predictions from Las Vegas have not changed after Miami beat the Tennessee Titans on Sunday 27-20. The Dolphins are underdogs to Sam Darnold and the Jets.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/9/10/17843132/jets-open-as-one-point-favorite-versus-dolphins

Not a big deal or anything but I'm going to say come Sunday, Miami will be favored.

Depen ds how the jets look tonight honestly. I have no idea how good the jets are. I think they suck though

1 point underdog is anti-love? I'm glad for the win, but it's not like we beat a good team.

But I agree with you, that may even change by tomorrow morning.

1 point underdog is anti-love? I'm glad for the win, but it's not like we beat a good team.

But I agree with you, that may even change by tomorrow morning.

What makes you say the Titans are not a good team? Because they lost to Miami? They were a playoff team in 2017 and seeing that this was the first game of the season you can't say you've seen enough of them this year to say they're a bad team. Depending on their health at tackle and qb I think the could finish second in the division and maybe push Jacksonville.

What makes you say the Titans are not a good team? Because they lost to Miami? They were a playoff team in 2017 and seeing that this was the first game of the season you can't say you've seen enough of them this year to say they're a bad team.
Well, a new HC, OC, and offensive system would be the openers.

They got some good breaks last year, and have an above average D.

Depen ds how the jets look tonight honestly. I have no idea how good the jets are. I think they suck though

I agree! I honestly think that the Jets will be worse than the Titans. Rookie QB lol

What makes you say the Titans are not a good team? Because they lost to Miami? They were a playoff team in 2017 and seeing that this was the first game of the season you can't say you've seen enough of them this year to say they're a bad team. Depending on their health at tackle and qb I think the could finish second in the division and maybe push Jacksonville.

Fair enough, but I say it mostly watching their starters in the preseason and partially from yesterday. But you're right. Too early for a blanket statement like that.

Edit: And actually the main point for my original post is that 1 point underdog is not hate.

Last edited:
I don't think the Jets will be bad this season and they don't look bad through 1 quarter.

keep in mind the line (any line) is an attempt to split the bet right down the middle.

Has ZERO to do with value weighting the teams etc.

That said, I'm all for beating them by at least 21.

That means Vegas thinks we’re a better team. Darnold looks very green. Pass rush has to wake up next week: if they do Quinn and wake feast and we win easy.

Back
Top Bottom