Jets trading Up? PFT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets trading Up? PFT

Yettyskills

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
JETS LOOKING TO SWAP WITH SAINTS?

There’s talk in league circles that the New York Jets are sufficiently smitten with Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler to prompt serious consideration by the front office of a trade up in the April draft from the No. 4 overall spot to No. 2, which pick currently is held by the Saints.

The Jets’ objective would be to leapfrog the Titans, who sit and No. 3 – and who likewise are thought to be thinking seriously about drafting Cutler.

The only hitch is that the Saints are believed to be primarily interested in USC quarterback Matt Leinart, who very well could be plucked by the Titans at No. 3 if Cutler is off the board.

Stay tuned.

Know why i posted it?
Because it sounds stupid...
And that's the Jets...so I give it credence

Hate to say it, but it looks very likely that Cutler will be a Jet. I don't think that they will have to worry about the Saints because it appears that they already have their eyes set to pick Leinart at #2.

The Titans would be the only team that they will need to trade up with because they will grab him if the Jets don't try to do something.

So it will pretty much leave it with Leinart to Saints, Cutler to Jets and Young to Titans.

who cares if cutler will become a jet.he will have a very bad start.the jets are terrible as of right now.curtis martin is their only good player.

agreed, but stupid is as stupid does

I woundn't be suprised to see the draft go a number of ways even
D'Brick
Cutler
Leinart
Young

and see Bush fall out of the Top 4

dorsaroll156 said:
who cares if cutler will become a jet.he will have a very bad start.the jets are terrible as of right now.curtis martin is their only good player.

I might regret saying this 5 years from now.
But if the Jets feel they gotta trade up for Cutler LOL I'm a happy Fins fan

Let them

If they wanna ruin the rest of their draft when they have so many holes then let them

Yettyskills said:
agreed, but stupid is as stupid does

I woundn't be suprised to see the draft go a number of ways even
D'Brick
Cutler
Leinart
Young

and see Bush fall out of the Top 4
If the Texans decide to take D'Brick they will trade down from the # 1 pick.

While i like Cutler and would love for the Fins to somehow get him, there is not guarantee that he will do anything in the NFL. So regardless if the Jets trade up or down for him, it's still a crap shoot when it comes to the draft.

I dont think the jets will have to move anywhere to draft Cutler. But I do see the titans drafting cutler and then trading him to the jets for more picks, kinda like the whole chargers thing with Eli to the giants

Knowing the Jets they would do something like this, and probably start him from day one. It'll be a bumpy road with the talent level around him but he's used to it. The Jets are the last team I want him to go to.

Good, they'd have to trade their second rounder + a late rounder in addition to the #4 to have a realistic shot at pulling this off. Cutler isn't worth that by any stretch of the imagination. This will just set the Jets back even further if they're stupid enough to try this. I'll be happy if they do, even if Cutler becomes very good, which he probably won't at least for several years on that sorry Jets offense.

If Mangini has learned anything from his former boss, he won't be trading up or selecting a QB before the 3rd round.

Look for the Jet's house to get a good cleaning and the re-design to filter through that defense.

PhinstiGator said:
If Mangini has learned anything from his former boss, he won't be trading up or selecting a QB before the 3rd round.

Look for the Jet's house to get a good cleaning and the re-design to filter through that defense.

Thats what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom