jim fassel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jim fassel

gators910

The Rise Of The Gator Nation
Reaction score
dont look now but fassel might be making his way down to miami,,there are rumblings of this up here..

I seriously doubt it

because he's had the same problems as wanny, penalties, poor o-line play, and poor in game coaching. He'll find work, but I'll be highly suprised and pissed if it's Fassel, because he seems to get out coached, although Tiki's fumbles didn't help either.

I'm not saying I want him but.....

Jim Fassel has done more with less than anybody else in this league.

I want Saben. belichick cast off and he has fire and hes young.

Personally, I think Charlie Weis and Bill Belicheck have done more with less than Jim Fassel has.

well not really

Originally posted by ZOD

When you look at the two hottest teams in the league and what they've accomplished despite the injuries to key players and using street Undrafted free agents, I would say NE and Philly has overcome a lot more. Though I will agree, injuries to NY o-line and defensive secondary has hurt them big time this year. Still I don't want him

Why is it every Coach that gets fired from another team, their name comes up as the next Coach of the Dolphins. Today it's Fassel, last week it was Reeves. Who will it be next week/ Haslett, McGinnis, Jauron, or Williams. I wouldn't want any of them as the next Head Coach. They're all has-beens as HC's, as will be Wannstedt in 2 more weeks.

Originally posted by ZOD

Not this year.

Jim Fassel's teams in New York will have one good year and follow it up with a bad year. I don't want him coaching the Dolphins.

Re: well not really

Originally posted by rhadaddy

When you look at the two hottest teams in the league and what they've accomplished despite the injuries to key players and using street Undrafted free agents, I would say NE and Philly has overcome a lot more. Though I will agree, injuries to NY o-line and defensive secondary has hurt them big time this year. Still I don't want him

I'm not just including this year with the "more with less" statement. That offense (with the exception of Shockey) is filled with scrubs.

Sure they got stats. So does our defense.

despite his fumbles

Originally posted by ZOD

I'm not just including this year with the "more with less" statement. That offense (with the exception of Shockey) is filled with scrubs.

Sure they got stats. So does our defense.

I wouldn't necessarily call Tiki Barber a scrub or for that matter, Hilliard, Toomer, and Keri Collins. Their o-line killed them this year, however last year when their o-line was much better, Keri Collins was one of the better Qb's in the league, he just suffers from the BG/Drew Bledsoe syndrone... however far from a scrub. Ohh and their FB, Flynn I think his name is, is pretty good as well

Re: despite his fumbles

Originally posted by rhadaddy

I wouldn't necessarily call Tiki Barber a scrub or for that matter, Hilliard, Toomer, and Keri Collins. Their o-line killed them this year, however last year when their o-line was much better, Keri Collins was one of the better Qb's in the league, he just suffers from the BG/Drew Bledsoe syndrone... however far from a scrub. Ohh and their FB, Flynn I think his name is, is pretty good as well

I don't know if you have noticed or not but right now I'm pretty high on the Walsh offense. I think the scheme has made the names you mentioned stars. Take them out of the scheme and they become scrubs-Scrubs to the tune of Fiedler, Chambers, Thompson, and Mcknight.

I won't include Ricky in that mix because he EARNS his yards. Dare I say that Tiki wouldn't have gained 650 yards in our offense?

Tiki-One thing that I have noted about this year is that the more coaches of the Walsh offense bought into "you have to run the ball", the more they ended up losing.

Collins was a well documented scrub prior to Fassell.

Most of the NFL is or was in love with the Bill Walsh scheme

Originally posted by ZOD

I don't know if you have noticed or not but right now I'm pretty high on the Walsh offense. I think the scheme has made the names you mentioned stars. Take them out of the scheme and they become scrubs-Scrubs to the tune of Fiedler, Chambers, Thompson, and Mcknight.

I won't include Ricky in that mix because he EARNS his yards. Dare I say that Tiki wouldn't have gained 650 yards in our offense?

Tiki-One thing that I have noted about this year is that the more coaches of the Walsh offense bought into "you have to run the ball", the more they ended up losing.

Collins was a well documented scrub prior to Fassell.

However, if Tiki Barber can work out his fumbling problem which is very possible, he can a great back in most WC offenses, so I wouldn't run out and call him a scrub, a fumbler yes, scrub definetly not.

Keri Collins has had his share of problems in the past especially off the field drinking problems, but he's always had the tools to be a premiere qb in this league he just lacked focus, But I agree he wasn't **** until Fassel came along, but to call him a scrub, is far from the truth.

Both Ike Hilliard and Amani Toomer are definetly not scrubs. I agree that schemes make a world of difference, but I wouldn't attirubute the aformentioned players success on all schemimg. Because they've all showed the ability to make plays when things break down and a scrub rarely does that.

btw, Chambers is not a scrub, He's shown that this year especially when he's double covered or in traffic. McKnight and Thompson however, is nowhere as consistant as Ike Hilliard.

Back
Top Bottom