Jimmy Johnson's Not Sure About Kyler Murray, But Loves Tua Tagovailoa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson's Not Sure About Kyler Murray, But Loves Tua Tagovailoa

Who knows what Jacoby Brissett might become but he was definitely not a good quarterback either in NE or in Indianapolis.

Jimmy Johnson has the wrong question entirely.

If the Dolphins don't get Kyler Murray, then it's Justin Herbert who will be a Miami Dolphin in 2020. Not Tua Tagovailoa.

That's where to put your money. For a LOT of reasons. Not least of which are:

1) They love Justin Herbert and have him up there right with Tua.
2) Unlike Tua, you will not need to win the lottery to secure the rights to Herbert. If you're not naturally picking high enough for him, you can trade up for him a lot more easily than you can Tua.
3) His head coach is a huge Dolphins fans with lots of ties to the team and he's explicitly stated he's getting Herbert ready for the Dolphins next year.

That's their guy. Justin Herbert. If you're trying to make the determination about Kyler Murray based on a comparison with Tua Tagovailoa, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not going to argue one way or another here on Murray versus Herbert but that is absolutely the question as it should be framed.

If the Dolphins don't get Kyler Murray, then it's Justin Herbert who will be a Miami Dolphin in 2020. Not Tua Tagovailoa.

2) Unlike Tua, you will not need to win the lottery to secure the rights to Herbert. If you're not naturally picking high enough for him, you can trade up for him a lot more easily than you can Tua.
3) His head coach is a huge Dolphins fans with lots of ties to the team and he's explicitly stated he's getting Herbert ready for the Dolphins next year.

That's their guy. Justin Herbert. If you're trying to make the determination about Kyler Murray based on a comparison with Tua Tagovailoa, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not going to argue one way or another here on Murray versus Herbert but that is absolutely the question as it should be framed.

So lets say the Dolphins are on the clock next year and they can draft Tua or Herbert, is there a chance they go with Herbert?

So lets say the Dolphins are on the clock next year and they can draft Tua or Herbert, is there a chance they go with Herbert?

There's always a chance because there's a whole year between now and then. Tua's ankle could get smashed to bits between now and then.

As of right now, I believe they take Tua Tagovailoa. But the two of them are together in their minds, before they begin to discuss the others.

Jimmy Johnson is a dinosaur. The new age coaches will get it. Murray is legit

How many superbowls have the "new age" Coaches won?

Don't believe the hype, it's popular but it's not resulting in championships #overrated

Too early to tell but there will be a number of available QB options in 2020. Tua, Herbert, Fromm, maybe Eason..
If they leave QB room as is, Miami will be in a better draft position next year as opposed to having to trade up for Murray.

Interesting article. I always thought JJ was actually better at evaluating talent than coaching. His Dallas teams were among the most stacked that I have ever seen. Some of those Raider squads from the 70's as well.

Anyway, from this draft I like Haskins and Murray. I'm lukewarm on Lock and Jones. I think if either Haskins and Murray are there at #13, or close enough to trade up for without giving up the 2020 #1 I'd do it. There are concerns about both. Haskins is just a one year starter and a little conservative in his approach. Love his arm and accuracy and looks like someone who could survive an NFL beating. Murray's flat-out electric, but size and durable could be factors.

I haven't looked into the quarterbacks past this year. I've seen them, but not enough to make an evaluation.

Interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the organization goes qb in 2019. That still seems very likely to me rather than waiting a year.

How many superbowls have the "new age" Coaches won?

Don't believe the hype, it's popular but it's not resulting in championships #overrated
Well Russell Wilson won 1 should have been 2. I think that should be the teacher here

Back
Top Bottom