Joe Schad's blog for today's practice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad's blog for today's practice

not worthless

All of us here have had some type of venting post, and I believe this was joes time to vent, maybe if he started posting here the more positive posters would rub off on him. As it is, he is around nothing but negative guys, and that in itself will wear a guy down.

The thing that kinda troubled me about the whole article was the fact that he thought we would be 10-6 before ricky left. I certainly thought 12-4 was attainable. So if his prediction is 7-9 or 8-8 now, who is to blame him?

This is the year where we truly see if vertern leadership means a damn thing. This is the year where we see if the coaches are really up to it. This is the year where we see if our fellow fans are nothing more than good weather fans.

I hope that I am right and that dave and staff really do look forward to challenges, and truly prepare for the loss of players like Ricky and Chris, or Jason and Zach, because if they do prepair for this then why not retain hope?

Reads like Joe's been hanging out with the regular Miami sports beat crowd quite a bit lately. Guess they got to his head.

Funny comment: "It's no fun covering a team that doesn't win". Well, as the Miami sports media writers have done their best to flail this team every chance they got, I hope they enjoy the fruits of their efforts. Who knows, maybe fan interest after a 7-9 season will wane to the point they won't have a job in Miami any more.

And for all you media homers, don't you dare tell me incessant media nitpicking, criticism and harranging doesn't effect morale of fans and players; that is completely assinine.

It's not as much fun covering a team that doesn't win. And if this season goes anything like this offseason has gone, it won't be much fun at all.

What the ....???

Bandwagoner

MikeO said:
We are in trouble. And anyone trying to ignore that fact or overlook the fact our best offensive weapon just retired is putting their head in the sand. Does it mean the season is over? HELL NO! But to say we aren't in trouble is just fooling yourself. Right now, YES THIS TEAM IS IN TROUBLE!

That BLOG wasn't worthless it was dead on and gave you insight you get from nowhere else. Everyone is in the dumps. Everyone from the reporters, to the coaches, to the players.

In fact he was probably too honest when he said no reporter wants to cover a team that isn't a winner.That BLOG was the furtherst thing from "worthless" and thank god we Fin Fans have reporters like this.

It was great when Alex Marvez called Ricky Williams a "JERK" last week. Saying he was horrible to reporters. Promising to show up for interviews then to not show up at all. Or asking reporters to cover one of his many charity events, then never thanking them. Only being a bigger jerk to them in future endevours.

We are very lucky as Fin Fans to have guys like Joe Schad and Alex Marvez cover the Fins. They give us good and honest reporting. And for you to call that BLOG worthless is a reflection on YOU not THEM!

:lol: Mr.Shad must have a hard time sitting down....

DolphinDevil28 said:
Really worthless.
No content about practice. He says he believes we are "in trouble."
Whatever...
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/archives/000282.html#more

After further reading of today's articles Devil I think that the Blog may have been a worthy attempt to put us in the locker room. I'm going to put together some quotes here from various articles in attempt to illustrate that point..

"linebacker Zach Thomas had one of his trademark tirades, but this was one unlike any other.

His right hand trembling, eyes growing redder, Thomas talked about how crushed he was by the latest reasoning offered by Ricky Williams for his retirement.

"I didn't think he wanted to face the drug charge," Thomas said. "That's my opinion."

"I'm just disappointed he comes back and, through a writer, dogs out the whole team," Thomas said. "That's not Ricky's personality. He's already hurt us enough."

P*ssed wouldn't you say?

Defensive end Jason Taylor thought he had a pretty good understanding of who Williams was and what he was seeking. Taylor spoke out in print about his support of Williams' decision. But that was before revelations of a third failed test.

Taylor soon regretted his previous remarks.

"I kind of understand where he was coming from if he was trying to find happiness," Taylor said. "The next day I was made to look like an idiot when the whole marijuana thing came out. The next day, I was very disappointed. To set the record straight, I don't support illegal drug use or marijuana, whatever it may be."

You think Taylor appreciated being quoted in the Lebatard article? I think not.

Linebacker Junior Seau said he was saddened by the news.
"We wish Ricky the best," Seau said. "Hopefully he'll find peace wherever he is."

Stately comment from what would be the class clown of the group. I don't think Seau wanted to get into it.

In another article Dave George told us what it was like to be a player in that locker room.

The first day of Miami Dolphins training camp normally is about wind sprints. On Saturday, and just this once, a different full-team drill was dreaded most. It took place in the locker room, where reporters swarmed at full catastrophe mode, and it involved every Miami player, every coach, every towel boy, running as hard and as fast as they could away from an invisible man.

Later in a subtle hint Dave George recognized who was actually that so-called leader Dave Wannestedt has been searching for.

It didn't start out this way. When Williams dropped his bombshell announcement eight days ago that he was walking away from the game at 27, center Seth McKinney was the only Dolphin to criticize the team's best player for being a quitter. Everybody else either kept quiet or offered support for a friend seeking happiness, with a grumbling undercurrent that a kid like McKinney hadn't earned the right to slam one of the league's superstars.

Jason Cole seconded the Mckinney leadership motion....

Based on recent events, McKinney might be one of the best leadership candidates. After Williams retired, McKinney was outspoken in his criticism, saying Williams had betrayed the team.

But then he was quick to point out that the Dolphins offense still flounders in practice.

Still, the stark difference between the offense and the defense was obvious late in the morning practice. As the Dolphins went through the inside drill -- a full-speed, run-only practice -- defensive tackle Larry Chester walked to the middle of it and shouted at his defensive teammates.

''Don't let these mother [expletive] run the ball,'' Chester said.

The offense said nary a word in response.

Even the ever positive Skolnick jumped into the sarcastic banter this morning.

Everyone knows the quarterbacks can't throw. The line can't block. The coaching staff is a mess. Travis Minor is limited. Wannstedt can't lead. The defense can't dominate.

But then Skolnick quickly told us what all of today's articles were about.

Everyone knows it will rain all year, since that's what Saturday signified.

Of course, the question is whether the Dolphins know better, and know -- really know -- how much fun it would be to prove it.

It's almost obvious to me that the beat writers walk into a locker room tired of the Dolphins are doomed banter. I think our guys (beat writers) while attempting to be honest with the public put up a bravado today using sarcasm as a tool.

It's a defense mechanism for the team that they know. It's in defense of the players that they know.

Skolnik's comment, yeah, it dripped with sarcasm. The others, you're having to read sarcasm into them. I've seen nothing to indicate the beat writers are mocking their own negativity, other than the EJS comment.

Yeah we lost a RB with the second lowest YPC avg. Hey Joe, we we're in real trouble last year and we still won 10 games!

Running attack will better that YPC. take your anti-dolphin crap somewhere else. Like Buffalo where they seem to get off on press like this...

--Ross

Nublar7 said:
Your right, that was worthless. Now is not the time to give up, but to back the team up. 7-9? You kidding me? I still believe we can win 9-10 games.
Its not worthless.There are some tidbits that are interesting about the mindset of some players.

My take is that Joe SHad has really done a nice job this offseason wehn no one else gave us anything to read...and he gave us quality stuff and I really looked forward to him covering camp etc... He was truly interested in giving us fans what we wanted etc.. We all get down from this team sometimes and some of this stuff does wear on you. So maybe if a few folks went over and dropped the guy a note, and let him know that he gives us quality stuff and all, maybe he'll cheer up and start cranking out some great stuff that can help fill our fin needs. Just my 2 cents, but if I was in his shoes it might pick me up...4D

Back
Top Bottom