Joe Theismann was a Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Theismann was a Dolphin?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Huh........I learned somethin' new today. Joe Theismann was originally drafted by the Fins in the 4th round of the '71 draft. However, he bolted to Canada to play there instead of for us. What a moron huh?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I was very suprised when i saw that.

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score
You got that from the ESPN countdown, right?

What sort of idiot puts Brady ahead of Unitas? If Brady was cut and picked up by another team, maybe.

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Jimmy James said:
You got that from the ESPN countdown, right?

What sort of idiot puts Brady ahead of Unitas? If Brady was cut and picked up by another team, maybe.

It was just on Sportscenter when they counted down the top QB's drafted in the later rounds.

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
That would explain his attitude towards our team that I've noticed over the years.

Awsi Dooger

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
Griese was what, 26? Joe Robbie was cheap. There was no way Theismann was going to play plus he wasn't going to make much money so he bolted to Canada. I'm old enough to remember. Theismann was a name guy so everyone was excited when we took him but it never looked like he would sign here. He was so gung ho to play he even returned punts briefly once he signed with the NFL.

cnc66

wiley veteran bad spelur
Reaction score
enigmatics said:
Huh........I learned somethin' new today. Joe Theismann was originally drafted by the Fins in the 4th round of the '71 draft. However, he bolted to Canada to play there instead of for us. What a moron huh?

he knew he'd never unseat Griese...

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Joe Theismann also changed the pronounciation of his last name so that it would rhyme with Heisman....it is correctly pronounced like Theese-man.

Talk about a BIG ego.

merlin00069

All-Pro
Reaction score
Roman529 said:
Joe Theisman also changed the pronounciation of his last name so that it would rhyme with Heisman....it is correctly pronounced like Theese-man.

Talk about a BIG ego.

Yeap yeap...i thought i was the only nerd who knew that. :D

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Roman529 said:
Joe Theismann also changed the pronounciation of his last name so that it would rhyme with Heisman....it is correctly pronounced like Theese-man.

Talk about a BIG ego.

He should've changed it to wishbone. The way his leg looked bent that time.

the gem

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Theisman was drafted in the 17th round and not the 4th

poisonphin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
check the link I posted above
http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/alltimedraftchoices/alltimedraftchoices3.asp#1971
clear.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1971[/font] 4. [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]x-Joe Theismann (99)[/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]QB[/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Notre Dame[/size][/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]x-signed with Canadian Football League[/size][/font]

Top Bottom