Joel Collier | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joel Collier

Ct Fin Freak 13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Joel Collier is our new O cordinator he was our running backs coach for the last 10 years. I dont like it i wish we could of got someone with some experience at least. Or just hired Trestman as our O cordinator. But im kinda pist that Norval left i thought he was a good coach. If he had more talent to work with we would of did better. Now our offense has to learn a whole new playbook. Im not happy

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
Joel Collier is our new O cordinator he was our running backs coach for the last 10 years. I dont like it i wish we could of got someone with some experience at least. Or just hired Trestman as our O cordinator. But im kinda pist that Norval left i thought he was a good coach. If he had more talent to work with we would of did better. Now our offense has to learn a whole new playbook. Im not happy

Read up some more on it bro. At the press conference Wanny admitted he made most of the "tough" offense calls...not Norv. Wanny held Norv down. Plain and simple. That's probably the primary reason Norv left. Wouldn't have an offensive-clueless HC calling his plays for him.

Where, other than Miami, has Collier coached before? Has he ever even been an O.C before?:confused:

Originally posted by Trackstar#6
Where, other than Miami, has Collier coached before? Has he ever even been an O.C before?:confused:

Never been a pro OC no...but I'd venture to guess that even the most successful OCs today weren't born OCs.

this is retarded...we will have a RB COACH run our offense...dont get me wrong, I love Ricky but we need to upgrade our passing attack and get that part of our game going before we can expect another good Ricky year...the reason ricky had such a great year was before we got him, ALL WE EVER DID WAS PASS. It was a major change for all the other teams defensive schemes etc. they werent expecting ricky to run wild and us call plays for him like 30 times per game. That wasnt the miami dolphins teams were used to. If we were to suddenly pick up our passing game then wed start doing both really well.

Very true. You got to start somewhere. Lets hope this is a blessing in disguise.:)

That doesnt change the fact that with more help he would of done better wether wanslkttsl;jf made the decision or not Bro. im aware of that article and that just says that the failures of the offense wasnt his fault like alot of people think

Originally posted by Phinfan31
this is retarded...we will have a RB COACH run our offense...dont get me wrong, I love Ricky but we need to upgrade our passing attack and get that part of our game going before we can expect another good Ricky year...the reason ricky had such a great year was before we got him, ALL WE EVER DID WAS PASS. It was a major change for all the other teams defensive schemes etc. they werent expecting ricky to run wild and us call plays for him like 30 times per game. That wasnt the miami dolphins teams were used to. If we were to suddenly pick up our passing game then wed start doing both really well.

Are you working under the assumption that the WR and QB coaches won't have input into the system?

I believe they will.

Ok guys, enough with the negative stuff already.Coach Shula used to be a DB and he turned out to be a pretty good mind when it came to offence. It doesn't matter that he was the RB's coach. That doesn't mean that we'll run the ball on every down. This team needs something new and maybe this guy can bring it to us. Lets give the guy at least one mini camp before you guys want to hang this guy.We had Turner last year, did we win the superbowl? Give the man a break!!

Ozzy rules!!

Not every one is thinking negative. Alot of us see this as a move in the right direction. Im on your side Danny, great coaches got to start somwhere.:)

We needed change, and if Wanny wants to keep his job, he'll have to make some better play calls or he's gone.

I don't believe that I am the first, but I like to welcome our new OC Joel Collier to what will be a successful 04' season...

:welcome:

Good to see some positive thinking guys. Changes are here!!

Ozzy rules!!

I think everyone here wants this guy to be succesfull i for one would love it. But right now im not happy about it and thats my right. this is the place to voice my opinion so i did. You could at least give us a day to adjust before telling us to stop with the negative stuff.

Originally posted by chambers84
We needed change, and if Wanny wants to keep his job, he'll have to make some better play calls or he's gone.

Wanny won't be making the same calls, or level of calls, he made last year. I think that's what they said in the press conf. If that's the case and that's true, do you think Wanny just smartened up and realized he couldn't call an offense, or do you think somebody said something to him that he had to listen to?

I don't know, don't care...I'm just glad somebody that has a clue on offense will be calling the plays.

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom