Joey Porter concern? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Porter concern?

I'd be more worried about his habit of flapping his big lips during pre game wam ups. Remember a few years back he got ejected before a game with the Browns for starting a fight during the pre game warm ups. Then last year the refs had to stand between him and Chad Johnson and again with the browns winslow. he needs to let his play do his talking and shut the F up.
I guess its better to "mock" after the game to show your "class" :rolleyes: ...Im pretty sure he can play and talk at the same time...three probowls and a ring. He can talk all he wants to the enemy I think its great.

I guess its better to "mock" after the game to show your "class" :rolleyes: ...Im pretty sure he can play and talk at the same time...three probowls and a ring. He can talk all he wants to the enemy I think its great.

Getting ejected during pre-game warm ups doesn't help the team no matter how many pro bowls a guys been to or how many rings he has. Even a homer such as yourself should be able to understand that.

Getting ejected during pre-game warm ups doesn't help the team no matter how many pro bowls a guys been to or how many rings he has. Even a homer such as yourself should be able to understand that.
I agree it was stupid but this "Homer" understands that the JawJacking is all part of Joeys game so Im all for it...Obviously I want him actually "in" the game :).

Shouldnt have any impact at all. These guys are professional athletes. When you are on opposing teams you do whatever you can to win, even if that means laying a hit on someone who is your friend off the field. Just because porter taunted culpepper with his own "celebration" shouldnt have anything to do with how they play together this year. They are teammates now. At their ages and their points in their career, worthless little things like these easily get swept under the rug. Its that intensity from porter that we need out there. The goal is winning games. Both of these guys want to do that. and theyre on opposite sides of the ball. Something as silly as this shouldnt be a problem

Here's where I'd disagree; if he can get the right player ejected with him, say Tom Brady, then I have no problem losing him for the game, too. That's the ultimate "Taking one for the team"...

I was just thinking today...does anyone remember back to opening day last year against the steelers when porter intercepted that culpepper pass and then scored that td....well after he scored his "celebration" was making fun of the culpepper roll thing...does anyone think that he has any ill will against daunte and will it cause any tension???? just something that i thought was intresting.......thoughts??

its a wonder you even waste time with this, they are professional athletes and emotions run high....ur kidding right?

who cares? Culpepper is gone anyway

definitely not...this isnt kindergarten......i think they will both be fine

I'd be more worried about his habit of flapping his big lips during pre game wam ups. Remember a few years back he got ejected before a game with the Browns for starting a fight during the pre game warm ups. Then last year the refs had to stand between him and Chad Johnson and again with the browns winslow. he needs to let his play do his talking and shut the F up.

I would say for the most part, his play does back his mouth. If you going into the trenches, he is the kind of guy I want to go in with, doubt he is any worse then Brian Cox was back in the deep. Sometimes get tired of the squeeky clean image Miami always has had. He talks trash and backs it lets hope he does the same thing here.

I'd be more worried about his habit of flapping his big lips during pre game wam ups. Remember a few years back he got ejected before a game with the Browns for starting a fight during the pre game warm ups. Then last year the refs had to stand between him and Chad Johnson and again with the browns winslow.

Yeah, I had thought about those incidents, and the ejection was a concern, but then you said ...
he needs to let his play do his talking and shut the F up.

... and your entire post came out as

"Gee, I'm scared that Tom Brady might actually get killed in Dolphin Stadium this year.":wink: :tongue:

Yeah, I had thought about those incidents, and the ejection was a concern, but then you said ...

... and your entire post came out as

"Gee, I'm scared that Tom Brady might actually get killed in Dolphin Stadium this year.":wink: :tongue:

Not scared of Porter at all. Look you act like we've never faced Porter before yet we've had to go thru Pittsbugh more than once on the way to the championship and quite frankly JT gives brady more fits than Joey Porter ever did. Colvin likes to talk trash at times too but he does it during the game not during the warm ups and during the game you can hit harder to let out frustrations. Most if not all head coaches would certainly have a problem with a player starting fights and being ejected before the opening kick off. Perhaps Cameron has plans to put a mussle on him for warm ups.

Back
Top Bottom