Joey Porter concern? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Porter concern?

its a wonder you even waste time with this, they are professional athletes and emotions run high....ur kidding right?

Listen to your self....Professional athletes don't start fights and get ejected before the opening kick offs...to me their is nothing professional about that move.....if anything it shows a player without much upstairs. Its good to get fired up for your opponents but you channel that emotion into the game with legal plays and hits that don't cost your team in the over all scheme. Ejections and costly penalities because of emotions out of control is not smart play nor is it playing like a professional athlete. The ejection before the browns game was the only instance I'm aware of that Porters watched from the locker room but last year he showed a habit of similar tendencies with refs having to stand between him and opposing players during warm ups. If I'm in Camerons shoes those are the things I'd want to eliminate with Porter.

It was my opinion when the thread starter asked for concerns about porter and If I were the head coach those would be my concerns. You sign a player with the idea he will add to your teams quality and depth and seeing him ejected with out playing a single down is not what the organization brought him in for.

I think tom Brady is crappin his droors.
:sidelol: yeah, and for someone who has to change his diapers more than most...Porter could be a problem for him.

Seriously, im an old-schooler, and dont like to see a Dolphin be ejected for unprofessional conduct or even worse ...Daunte Stallworth (please NO!), but i remember lovin Brian Cox and hope thats the # they give Porter!

:bighug:

Here's where I'd disagree; if he can get the right player ejected with him, say Tom Brady, then I have no problem losing him for the game, too. That's the ultimate "Taking one for the team"...

This isn't the NHL of yesterday and even if your theory had a half ounce of merit why sign a guy to a 24 million dollar contract to do that. You could sign a player for peanuts to be a goon squad member and that player wouldn't even have to have talent for that job.
I also don't believe Porter could goad Brady into a pre game fight because Brady is too smart a professional and knows his team needs him behind center for the best chance to win.

I know these concerns I posted irratated some of you miami fans but I also believe they are legit concerns from what I've seen of Joey Porter and I would think that they might also be concerns of Camerons. I'm sure he signed him to help the defense not watch the game on TV from the locker room and i wouldn't be surprised if Cameron doesn't try and channel those emotions away from pre game warm ups and into the game instead.

Spin it any way you like but It still doesn't make any sense.

I thought it was kind of funny. Who cares, if anything it was just for fun for IF culpep has a problem with it he needs to get over it.

All due respect to MR NFLFAN as he is making a valid point about Joey being more valuable on the field than being ejected before the game even starts.

However, Joey is a very aggressive and very talented LB who uses emotion to help drive his intensity. This is actually avery good thing in a LB - think of every single LB touted as either a game changer or great - and they all did the same thing - emotions to whip them into a frenzy: LT, Butkus, Singletary, Lewis, etc. Act flat, play flat - that simple.

Here's a scenario that I would love to see - Pre-game warm-up at Dolphins Stadium - Fins v. Patsies:

Brady to Cam: "Hi Cam - congrats on the new gig. But where's Porter? I don't see him out here."

Cam Response: "He's here, but we had to keep him in the locker room during warm-ups for YOUR safety. Exactly what did you call his mother?"

I'd be more worried about his habit of flapping his big lips during pre game wam ups. Remember a few years back he got ejected before a game with the Browns for starting a fight during the pre game warm ups. Then last year the refs had to stand between him and Chad Johnson and again with the browns winslow. he needs to let his play do his talking and shut the F up.

I'm not into the flappin the lips stuff myself, but give Porter his due credit. While he's shown to want to mix it up a little in the pregames and such, he's always backed that flap up in the game.

And you're certainly right that if he gets ejected it won't help the team win so there has to be a line drawn. He's proven he can do what it takes to back up his mouth and that's what we got here.

What is bad to me is when either the player doesn't show up even tho he's flappin all over or when he goads the team/player after the game and after the fact...

Your Pasties didn't show a lot of class against SD last year....

I'm not into the flappin the lips stuff myself, but give Porter his due credit. While he's shown to want to mix it up a little in the pregames and such, he's always backed that flap up in the game.

And you're certainly right that if he gets ejected it won't help the team win so there has to be a line drawn. He's proven he can do what it takes to back up his mouth and that's what we got here.

What is bad to me is when either the player doesn't show up even tho he's flappin all over or when he goads the team/player after the game and after the fact...

Your Pasties didn't show a lot of class against SD last year....

It was ONE player Ellis Hobbs not the entire team. It was set off by yet another player who likes to flapp his lips before the game Merriman. Really what hobbs did wasn't that far off from what this thread was all about (Porter doing an imatation of Cpep during a Int for TD) I didn't agree with it then and I don't know and thats with regards to both Hobbs and Porter. I don't have a problem with a player that talks during the game and many of them do that but as you say there are limits IMO. I never disrespected Porter for his on the field play and to me that has never been an issue but I still think Cameron will try and tone him down a little with his interviews with the press and during pre game's.
You know I've read a lot on this signing in the press and it seems every sports reporter starts out their articles with "Trash talking Joey Porter" so I'm certainly not the only one with that opinion of him. I'm all for players getting fired up and emotional but within a reasonable limit. Your team had last seasons defensive MVP in JT and he should be used as an example of a true professional. He doesn't need to run his mouth to get fired up he just delivers when the whistle blows. He's a player any fan of this game should be proud of.

Porter = waste of $$$$$$. Should have used that $$$ on Thomas or Clement. He will be an average LB here. Looks like a Wannestache move.

Back
Top Bottom