*** John Beck Will START this Sunday *** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** John Beck Will START this Sunday ***

I never understood why they let Long walk either. He had a couple down seasons, but man he was really great for that program. He's doing a pretty good job with SDSU this year too. Locksley was a short-sighted walking disaster. Did they not have the cheese to fire him? I think he beat more people up than he did opposing teams.

If the Lobos got Leach, they'd have a pretty good set of football and basketball coaches. Leach and Alford would be $$$. How does UNM's hoops team look this year? The MWC looks like it ought to be a 3 team race with UNLV, UNM, and maybe SDSU, depending on how they bounce back from their personnel losses. The rest of the conference shouldn't be too bad. Wyoming's going to be on the rise with Shyatt being hired there, CSU is getting better under Tim Miles, and Boise State was always good for a few wins in the WAC. I mean, Boise's not really known for their basketball acumen, but neither are TCU and AFA. The conference should only get better with Fresno and Nevada. Yeah, Fresno hasn't been good since the Tarkanian years, but Rodney Terry will have them on the rise, there's too much talent in that area not to. Plus, they have the nicest on-campus arena west of the Mississippi. The Pit's probably up there too, but I've never been. The T&M is one of my faves too. Definitely should be fun to see if Dave Rice can really put the "Runnin' " back in the "Runnin' Rebels".

I've loved MWC hoops since before there was a MWC and I was a kid in Montana watching whatever late games were on ESPN and they'd have those crazy late-night WAC games.

Schmidly, UNM's President at the time, had his priorities completely out of whack. He was trying to turn UNM in a football powerhouse. He saw the success of Utah and BYU and wanted to get in on their success. Word around campus was that he was interfering with how Long was running the team. We were good, not great, and he wanted great. I'm not sure anyone knows specifics, but we all know it ended up with him leaving and us hiring that worthless piece of sh*t Locksley. Schmidly has got to be one of the most out-of-touch administrators in the U.S. He poured all of this money into the athletics programs and completely neglected academics. UNM has a VERY good medical, law, and psychology programs, and he kept taking funds away from them and throwing them at the Football team. He wanted to turn it into a self-sustainable, or even profitable, program like Alabama or the Florida schools. The damn retard couldn't get it through his thick skull that it wasn't ever going to happen.

Schmidley has since announced he is resigning in 2012. The faculty had several votes of no confidence, as well as numerous student petitions going around asking for his impeachment, so he really had no choice. At least he fired Locksley. I think the program is too far gone at this point though. There isn't much to salvage. The new coach is going to have a trainwreck to deal with...

Schmidly, UNM's President at the time, had his priorities completely out of whack. He was trying to turn UNM in a football powerhouse. He saw the success of Utah and BYU and wanted to get in on their success. Word around campus was that he was interfering with how Long was running the team. We were good, not great, and he wanted great. I'm not sure anyone knows specifics, but we all know it ended up with him leaving and us hiring that worthless piece of sh*t Locksley. Schmidly has got to be one of the most out-of-touch administrators in the U.S. He poured all of this money into the athletics programs and completely neglected academics. UNM has a VERY good medical, law, and psychology programs, and he kept taking funds away from them and throwing them at the Football team. He wanted to turn it into a self-sustainable, or even profitable, program like Alabama or the Florida schools. The damn retard couldn't get it through his thick skull that it wasn't ever going to happen.

Schmidley has since announced he is resigning in 2012. The faculty had several votes of no confidence, as well as numerous student petitions going around asking for his impeachment, so he really had no choice. At least he fired Locksley. I think the program is too far gone at this point though. There isn't much to salvage. The new coach is going to have a trainwreck to deal with...

Which, makes it a PERFECT landing spot for somebody like Mike Leach actually.

Thanks for the insight of what happened with Rock :up:

Which, makes it a PERFECT landing spot for somebody like Mike Leach actually.

Thanks for the insight of what happened with Rock :up:

No problem. It's a damn shame Long got treated like that. The guy took a program that was at an extreme disadvantage and turned it into a respectable and formidable team. Sucks that it took the next guy so little time to tear it apart...

John Beck's average stat line against Rocky Long's Lobos:

28-41-361-3-1

I'm not a Lobos fan if that's directed at me. Still, who really gives a **** what his average game was? He beat one decent team and that team was pretty much checked out prior to the bowel game that year. He was a ****ty QB that put up stats in a pinball offense. He sucked farts in the NFL. I know the BYU faithful were all looking for a player they could all root for in the NFL as a star, but it's not happening bahddy. Sorry.

Well Beck is starting and that he is a little of an upgrade compared to the INTs that Grossman recently threw before his bencing.

There has to be a better option. Do you play in a 30 person league? :chuckle:

Im starting Beck this week in the staff league. We got 12 teams. And no, there is no better option lol. Its either him or Colt McCoy vs the 9ers.

Can we finally put an end to the "Beck might be a good QB!!! Give it time!!!" nonsense? He sucked rusty monkey balls against the Bills today.

Beck is clownshoes.

Can we finally put an end to the "Beck might be a good QB!!! Give it time!!!" nonsense? He sucked rusty monkey balls against the Bills today.

Beck is clownshoes.

Most of us already knew this, but John Beck is one of those players who seems to inspire a few persistent groupies to troll the boards, waiting for any hope of vindication. Yes Ladies and Gentleman, as CederPhin has stated on several occasions - Beck is indeed "clownshoes":)

Who here can tell me Beck's win-loss record as a NFL starting QB? Here's a hint, only one column has numbers in it.

Back
Top Bottom