*** John Beck Will START this Sunday *** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** John Beck Will START this Sunday ***

Stop taking things so seriously, I'm entitled to my opinion. I realize you tea party types don't like opposing views, but I'm entitled to my thoughts, just as you are yours.

Instead of calling me clownshoes for suggesting that John Beck was clownshoes, maybe you should be like Barry Goldwater (in your sig), who would actually listen to people's arguments instead of blanketly calling them names. I don't like Beck. Great. That's my opinion. You obviously like the guy. All the power to you. By stating my opinion of someone who plays in the NFL, I'm not attacking you at all, I'm simply stating my opinion. Instead of saying why you think I'm wrong, you go off and personally attack me. Unreal.

Who do you think you are that you can just go off and start criticizing my personality over it though? Don't you think that's a little too much? Jesus Christ, lighten up.

It's a comment on a message board dude, take a step back from the ledge.

:lol:

Guy must be Mormon. No one else would bother defending a QB who is as much of a failure as Beck has been...

:lol:

Guy must be Mormon. No one else would bother defending a QB who is as much of a failure as Beck has been...

Not fair brother, you know he's Mormon.

BTW: You need to empty out some PM"s. Tried to send you something this time last week. Some BS how I thought TCU was gonna over look our beloved..well, they overlooked them by 69 freakin points :lol:

Not fair brother, you know he's Mormon.

BTW: You need to empty out some PM"s. Tried to send you something this time last week. Some BS how I thought TCU was gonna over look our beloved..well, they overlooked them by 69 freakin points :lol:

Embarrassing isn't even the word for it. This program is in shambles. Even if we get the right coach in, recruiting is going to suffer for years. Good thing basketball season is starting up soon...

UNM is a basketball school, not a football one. A great hoops tradition though, and they've had some solid football teams, but man Locksley did a number on that team. good lord. NMSU whips the Lobos every year now...they never used to win.

How's Henne working out for you guys? Interesting that as one career begins (Beck) another ends (Henne)
Little late for you guys to jump on the SFL train by starting Beck. Poor Snyder.

UNM is a basketball school, not a football one. A great hoops tradition though, and they've had some solid football teams, but man Locksley did a number on that team. good lord. NMSU whips the Lobos every year now...they never used to win.

Thats pretty recent history though.

the AD screwed the pooch to biblical proportions by letting Rocky Long walk. He was a hell of a coach, solid recruiter and an Icon for the Duke City.

Locksley should be drawn and quartered. I have honestly never seen a coach screw things up so bad, so quickly and there are legal implications involved as well.

How great would it be to see Mike Leach try his hand there :lol:

I never understood why they let Long walk either. He had a couple down seasons, but man he was really great for that program. He's doing a pretty good job with SDSU this year too. Locksley was a short-sighted walking disaster. Did they not have the cheese to fire him? I think he beat more people up than he did opposing teams.

If the Lobos got Leach, they'd have a pretty good set of football and basketball coaches. Leach and Alford would be $$$. How does UNM's hoops team look this year? The MWC looks like it ought to be a 3 team race with UNLV, UNM, and maybe SDSU, depending on how they bounce back from their personnel losses. The rest of the conference shouldn't be too bad. Wyoming's going to be on the rise with Shyatt being hired there, CSU is getting better under Tim Miles, and Boise State was always good for a few wins in the WAC. I mean, Boise's not really known for their basketball acumen, but neither are TCU and AFA. The conference should only get better with Fresno and Nevada. Yeah, Fresno hasn't been good since the Tarkanian years, but Rodney Terry will have them on the rise, there's too much talent in that area not to. Plus, they have the nicest on-campus arena west of the Mississippi. The Pit's probably up there too, but I've never been. The T&M is one of my faves too. Definitely should be fun to see if Dave Rice can really put the "Runnin' " back in the "Runnin' Rebels".

I've loved MWC hoops since before there was a MWC and I was a kid in Montana watching whatever late games were on ESPN and they'd have those crazy late-night WAC games.

UNM should be VERY solid this year me thinks. They did lose a very good player, (Dairise Gary, who perhaps played Jimmer as well as anybody),but I believe everybody else is returning and they had 4 exceptional Frosh last year.
The 4 Sophmores:
Look for the kid Alex Kirk in the middle. I was there when they brought this kid home from the Hospital. He was only about 18" then, now he's 7' :lol: . My parent's have known his parents for probably 50 years, I worked for his dad out of High School and his grandmother actually married me and my wife.
Kendall Williams was a starter for the 2nd half of the season. He was DAMN solid and is an incredible talent
Tony Snell, if he matures, will be an absolute FREAK by his Junior year.
Also have an Aussie in Cameron Bairstow. Absolute solid blue collar type. Taller guy that is quick, very good defensively and can drain it from 3 point land. I am thinking he decided on UNM due to the Luke Longley connection, but could be wrong. Any insight on that Locke?
Drew Gordon will of course be in his second year under Alford after transferring from UCLA. That kid is a monster. Should be a solid team from day 1

Very accurate look at the MWC IMHO. It's gonna be a very tough race. BYU will probably be on the outside looking in this year (Not sure if they are still in MWC this basketball season or not????) SDSU is going to be SOLID as is both Wyoming and Colorado.

Air Force is always tough, just no height....should be interesting indeed. Ready for it.

I still don't know what happened with Rocky and UNM. Somebody mentioned some really bad blood, and the AD didnt wanna pay him what he was worth. He has SDSU playing really damn good, he's a great guy, and of course an UNM ALUM and Duke City favorite. They screwed the pooch on that one for certain.

BYU's in the WCC this year, where they should probably finish 3rd, behind Gonzaga and St. Mary's, or 4th, depending on how Portland/USF/Santa Clara do.

I went to a few USF games last year, they were definitely improving, Portland's always got a decent team (maybe not world beaters, but they're always competitive), ditto for SCU.

It should definitely be a pretty good basketball season out West this year for a bunch of conferences. My personal fave is the Big West, but like I said, I've always been a huge fan of the MWC and the old WAC.

Yep, I grew up driving down to watch WAC games in the PIT. I remember Michael Cooper and Marvin Automatic Johnson. I remember when ASU and ARIZONA used to come to town. Stormin Normin Ellenburger before he got caught with his hand in the money jar.

Good ole days for sure.

Yeah since my star qb is on a bye I have to start this guy in fantasy.

John Beck's average stat line against Rocky Long's Lobos:

28-41-361-3-1

will i be the only one laughing if beck has a career game against us

John Beck's average stat line against Rocky Long's Lobos:

28-41-361-3-1

We get it, all you Mormons stick together. Fact is, Beck is a pretty crappy NFL QB. It doesn't matter what he did to the MWC, which includes my Lobos. All it did was overrate him, causing him to get drafted 5 rounds too high...

Back
Top Bottom