John Clayton: Where Ricky is/Ty Law | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton: Where Ricky is/Ty Law

If there's only 3 teams involved, and they're all offering the vet minimum, why don't we offer like a couple hundred thousand more? He's definitely worth it. I thought we had cap room???

#1 offense on the other side? Yeah I'm sure defensive players are thrilled to sign up for teams like chiefs and colts. Plus chiefs are getting older and older, and I think the fins have a better chance at success this year than the chiefs do.

There are more than three teams that are somewhat interested, i just didnt remember them, upon further review I believe they are Washington, the Jets and KC...KC just lost Julian Battle to injury...they have more $$$ to offer than we do, and Washington always finds a way to pay more than the minimum.

TerryTate said:
There are more than three teams that are somewhat interested, i just didnt remember them, upon further review I believe they are Washington, the Jets and KC...KC just lost Julian Battle to injury...they have more $$$ to offer than we do, and Washington always finds a way to pay more than the minimum.

Are you sure KC has more money than us? Just a few months ago after the draft, I remember reading KC having under $1 million to spend while we had $6.6 million. Did something change since then?

TerryTate said:

The steelers are also interested, and might get him...There secondary is still pretty weak and would be a good pickup for them. I'd love to get him but I just dont think hes gonna settle on a small deal

byroan said:
Are you sure KC has more money than us? Just a few months ago after the draft, I remember reading KC having under $1 million to spend while we had $6.6 million. Did something change since then?

Not sure....i just find it hard to believe that they are at the minimum even after their signings....

TerryTate said:
Clayton: He's in Boston and this week he is expected to be in Miami

Has to take first drug test....we'll see in the next 7 days...

already has a trainer and workout facility, and an apartment set up...

Ty will continue to wait, but Miami, Jax, TB (how strange, all three FL teams) all offering minimum right now

If Jax and TB opt not to offer more that the vet minimum, he will choose the phins... he's already said he'd like to play close to home.

TerryTate said:
Ty will continue to wait, but Miami, Jax, TB (how strange, all three FL teams) all offering minimum right now

No salary tax in Florida.. The league minimum offer from those 3 teams are worth more than, say, the Colts.

CrunchTime said:
I think Law will go to a contender because of the bonuses he could earn in lieu of a long term contract which he probably cant get right now..My guess is KC.

We were a contender 2 years ago, what other then losing our starting RB, having no O-coordinator, losing our two starting DTs, or having an O-line that had any real experience (All things that have been fixed), haunt us this year to say we will not be a contender again?

Do I think this team is going to be great, and will dominate in the playoffs? No, it will take time, and It will be tough enough for this team to get close to the playoffs, but with the talent this team could have, if everything fall perfectly into place for them (Like it did for the Pats in their 1st Superbowl win), then anything is possible, and Law could be a big piece of that on this team.

Trackstar said:
Do you guys think if Ty Law signs with us that our worries are over at CB?

Imo that will be the final missing piece in the secondary. At saftey I think we are O.K.

ABSOLUTELY!! If he's healthy he'll not only have something to prove but he'll be ina contract yeaR!!!

CrunchTime said:
Here is a story from KC about the need for another CB now that Battle is out for the season.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11937804.htm

Update:I just saw Terry's post reporting on the same thing but anyway here is the link.Apparently they dont have much cap space to sign Law but there is always voodoo cap economics.

If this were to happen, KC's biggest weekness was there secondary, they would be automatic contenders... LAW / SURTAIN would have to be the best CB tandem in the league

Back
Top Bottom