John Fox vs Dave Wannstedt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Fox vs Dave Wannstedt

Originally posted by dolphan39
nice post... the Panthers will be in the same trouble as us (i.e. having lots of money invested in a few players) in a few years if they keep playing like they did this year IMO.

They can afford a Steussie because they do not spend big bucks on their 2ndary like we do; and we have never sucked enough to get a player as good as Gross

You are right on all this. Except that they are playing in the NFC Championship game (with a realistic shot at beating an inconsistent Philly team) and we haven't come within a light year of a conference championship game the entire time Dave has been here.

I think Wade is probably very comparable to Jordan Gross as a rookie.

I didn't know Smith was a 3rd rounder, wow....I could have SWORE I remember them drafting him in the 1st round. But maybe I'm thinking of Rae Carruth. OUCH. Anyway if Steve Smith becomes an RFA we should definitely consider going after him. He would fit right in with the getting more speed at WR thing, and if we have to give up a 1st for him, well, there's always trying to pull a first rounder for Ogunleye. One thing about Smith though is he is NOT popular in the locker room at all. His antics and fights have made the Panthers ponder letting him go in the past, and I'm sure that will figure into things when it comes to trying to pry him away as an RFA. Any decent contract offer and I bet they let him go.

I mean Da'Fins gets my overall point here. You can criticize this CB or that safety etc all you want but the bottom line is they have a legitimate shot at going to the super bowl (we came fairly close to beating Philly on MNF). They are IN the conference championship. We haven't sniffed that in a loooong loooong time. I'm sure we could have taken out Dallas in the first round, but could we have gone toe to toe with the Rams and taken them out? Doubtful.

I think they have a better DL cuz of Jenkins and Buckner, not Peppers and Rucker. Jenkins is like Richard Seymour he also has an effect on special teams and if there's one thing I feel Miami lacks its a passrushing presence at DT.

Man I'm salivating over Steve Smith even WITH all his baggage...

Back
Top Bottom