Jones Is Not A Cover Safety!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jones Is Not A Cover Safety!!

ILfinfans85

Active Roster
Reaction score
That dude is a in the box tackler! Can't cover in zone or man! There is a reason we played better pass defense when he benched himself!!! Gase is a coward play caller who calls plays conservative and not to take chances!! Loss is on them 2!!

i would honestly trade him. he has a splash play once every few weeks, but we are better without him. trade him, get a pick and draft someone who can rush the passer, and a boundary corner

Fitzpatrick should be moved to FS, Jones or McDonald should be playing SS while the other is traded.

I love Jones.

That said, in today's NFL, you are probably better served with 2 free safety types rather than a SS and a FS, or two SS's, like we seem to enjoy using......

McDonald isnt either... and as much as I want Fitzpatrick to be that guy he hasnt proven he can be yet either.

McDonald isnt either... and as much as I want Fitzpatrick to be that guy he hasnt proven he can be yet either.

When has MF been used at FS? Hardly at all so I don't know how you can say that. I'll take my chances w a young MF over Reshad or TJ when it comes to covering.

i would honestly trade him. he has a splash play once every few weeks, but we are better without him. trade him, get a pick and draft someone who can rush the passer, and a boundary corner

Doesn't his contract make it tough to trade him? Hopefully a contender will be willing to take it on.

It’s time. He’s expensive, on the wrong side of 30 and it’s usually high risk low reward with him. Miami can do better.

When has MF been used at FS? Hardly at all so I don't know how you can say that. I'll take my chances w a young MF over Reshad or TJ when it comes to covering.
He's played there some. He started and played there one game and looked pretty lost TBH. Also even if what you're saying is right then it still remains valid that he hasnt proven he can do it yet. All of that said however I agree I'd rather have him there rather than Jones or mcnonald... I've been saying that since day 1.

I'd trade him for an 8th round pick but what team would be dumb enough to trade for that horrible contract we gave him?

I'd trade him for an 8th round pick but what team would be dumb enough to trade for that horrible contract we gave him?

Nobody is taking a 30+ SS with that cap hit. Gotta either release him and eat the hit (something this team LOVES to rationalize) or let the contract play out while his performance goes down and salary goes up. This is some next level genius stuff we have going on in the fins FO. It hurts to think about.

But yes, take any offer to get that off the books. These are the contracts that make it so hard to build a team and why the cap is in such bad shape.

Even at 30 years old, he's still one of the best safeties in the league. The thought of replacing him with a Michael Thomas or Walt Aikens is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom