****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rookie
In case you didn’t know there are already 10 threads on the subject, stop trying to garner attention to yourself
Also there is no name calling here, I will have you banned
You need to learn before you start a thread to garner attention to yourself that you need to make sure there aren’t already 49 threads on the subject, but you already knew that

I don’t see the 49 other threads specifically about taking Jordan Love at 5...
even if there are you have no control over what I, or anyone else posts.... like I said in my earlier post you are not required to read or reply
I think the Finheaven VIP status has gone to your head ..... but If you’re the great and powerful Oz go ahead and have me banned....
I’d expect a much cooler response from someone with “Easy Rider” as their handle, not an uptight, control freak who is condescending and rude
If You want to actually impart some useful information to folks on this site, you should really be more tactful in the manner you engage with other folks on the board

If Tua has to sit for a year, and Love has to redshirt a year anyway, who's the better quarterback a year from now? Love does have that upside of no injury history, but he isn't a blue chip Alabama guy. I think Tua is the better talent initially but he may be out of the league when Love does become another Mahomes.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. If this past year was his 2018 year I think he’d be in the top 10. This year he lost a lot of talent at Utah and I think there are some legit reasons for his decline in play.... I love Tua but the injury history makes me hesitant.... and I wouldn’t want to lose picks to move up and get him

That is no excuse, if he plays that bad, throws that many INTs when talent is no longer there, then he does deserve to be in the NFL.

Now I do think he is a much better talent then his stats showed this past year, but picking someone that threw as many INTs as he did with a top 10 pick (Let alone, top 5), is very dangerous.

If Miami was not able to take Tua or Herbert at 5, I would hope Miami got Love ( If that's who they wanted) at 26, but would have no problem at 18.

That is no excuse, if he plays that bad, throws that many INTs when talent is no longer there, then he does deserve to be in the NFL.

Now I do think he is a much better talent then his stats showed this past year, but picking someone that threw as many INTs as he did with a top 10 pick (Let alone, top 5), is very dangerous.

If Miami was not able to take Tua or Herbert at 5, I would hope Miami got Love ( If that's who they wanted) at 26, but would have no problem at 18.
This is exactly why I didn't think that Darnold was anything special and he's continued to prove he's a pick machine in the NFL. Those flaws don't just go away very easily.

This is exactly why I didn't think that Darnold was anything special and he's continued to prove he's a pick machine in the NFL. Those flaws don't just go away very easily.
Just imaging if he didn't have the QB whisperer guru to "help" him along

Wait.......what?????

I agree with the majority of your post, however I do think Love’s loss of talent and coaching staff should be evaluated closely. Not all the ints could be his fault, if you look at miscommunication issues with new players, the ins and outs of dealing with a turnover in the coaching staff, scheme fits, OL play etc- all that could impact the QBs play, not just from the standpoint of turnovers, but as well as the TDs he threw, completion percentage, yards etc... and I’m not saying any of it did, but it certainly could have played a role

Well, it appears talking head Daniel Jeremiah is starting to move Jordan Love up his board closer to QB2. He issued this take earlier this morning. Has him above Herbert, and steady climbing -

I agree with the majority of your post, however I do think Love’s loss of talent and coaching staff should be evaluated closely. Not all the ints could be his fault, if you look at miscommunication issues with new players, the ins and outs of dealing with a turnover in the coaching staff, scheme fits, OL play etc- all that could impact the QBs play, not just from the standpoint of turnovers, but as well as the TDs he threw, completion percentage, yards etc... and I’m not saying any of it did, but it certainly could have played a role

I agree, that's why I still would have no problem taking him 18 or beyond if we don't take Burrow, Tua, or Herbert.

I think we have good coaching, so players like Herbert, Love, Fromm, Hurts, Eason could all be groomed to be very good QBS...Heck, even Rosen might have been looking far better then we think, and has given Miami a less desperate to get a QB early mindset.

If the 'TOP 3' QBs go #1 through #3, I'd consider this. He's not Herbert physically but still intriguing. Throwing off-platform and pocket awareness-movement which are Mahome-ish is probably the most appealing traits of his. If the TOP 3 are gone it'd be foolish to think this guy would make it to #18. If we decide to wait until that late we better be ready for Hurts, Fromm and Eason to be the top QBs left.

If the 'TOP 3' QBs go #1 through #3, I'd consider this. He's not Herbert physically but still intriguing. Throwing off-platform and pocket awareness-movement which are Mahome-ish is probably the most appealing traits of his. If the TOP 3 are gone it'd be foolish to think this guy would make it to #18. If we decide to wait until that late we better be ready for Hurts, Fromm and Eason to be the top QBs left.

He won’t get past Colts at 13 if he gets there. Colts have been rumored to wnat him for months now. When it’s all said and done he’s probably going to go top 10.

IMO, the vibe I'm getting from this draft is exactly that. The #5 WILL be a QB. We would rather not have to trade up.
Tua is checking all the boxes to go #2. He can walk with almost no limp this soon. Looks comfortable. Will probably sneak a throwing only work out on his pro-day.
Redskins still have question marks at QB. A new regime has been established who have no ties to the incumbent. Rivera took a QB #1 his first year w the Panthers. The Lions are looking to trade down. Let them skin the Bolts for Herbert, who we by all accounts appear to have zeroed in on.
Just go with Love. It's fitting too, like anyone Italian was a lock under Sparano.

I don’t know, don’t some of you think this a bit of a reach. I’ve said in the past I’m no QB scout but I have watched most of these QBs in the past year knowing we were in the market. But don’t you think Love can be had in a later round? This sounds sounds desperate to me at #5. What are the things some of you like about this guy at 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom