****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering...
So which bottom half team would you bet to be the worst in 2020/2021 potentially garnering the best pick in 2021 draft? Is there a team that has bad management/coaching that we think would screw up even with their top pick this year and possibly with another mid-first round pick?
What if we throw a trade offer to such a team trading our second 1st round pick this year, for their 1st and 2nd, or 1st and 3rd on 2021? If the gamble pays off, we get another high pick in 2021 and possibly an early 2nd or 3rd rounder. We throw it all together to snag Lawrence, or whoever is the best QB in next year's draft. Use the rest of this years picks to shore up the line and defense.
The Bengals, Giants, Lions, Browns and Cardinals, would be my choices. Trading up from the early 2nd round usually nets a 1st rounder the following year. With that being said, who's willing to do that, remains to be seen?

Last edited:
Pondering...
So which bottom half team would you bet to be the worst in 2020/2021 potentially garnering the best pick in 2021 draft? Is there a team that has bad management/coaching that we think would screw up even with their top pick this year and possibly with another mid-first round pick?
What if we throw a trade offer to such a team trading our second 1st round pick this year, for their 1st and 2nd, or 1st and 3rd on 2021? If the gamble pays off, we get another high pick in 2021 and possibly an early 2nd or 3rd rounder. We throw it all together to snag Lawrence, or whoever is the best QB in next year's draft. Use the rest of this years picks to shore up the line and defense.

Sounds like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic while it is sinking.

Love is better prospect than Hebert. 2018 with stable coaching staff and 2 years in the same scheme and 9 offensive starts still there. Nothing wrong with Love except scouts comparing him to Mahomes in College.

Love is an interesting prospect because he did have such a dynamic Jr. year.

It is almost the opposite of Burrow...Burrow had a dynamic Sr year and a poor Jr. year.

Love has the upside you want to bet on as a coach, that you can take all that talent and harness it into something great.

Your comparing Marino to Love?

Marino was thought to be a very good talented QB that had a off year.

Love is talented QB that with the right team could be good to very good, but he will never, ever, ever be Dan Marino.
Travel back to 1983 and be sure to tell that to the teams who passed on Marino that year. Most of them thought he wasn’t worth the risk.

I mean the 2nd rated quarterback on my board behind Tua.

It’s not necessarily that I’m convinced he’ll be a HOF’er, just more convinced that Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert will not be. And somebody has to be QB2.

I’m aware of how against the grain it is. He's not ready to start immediately as a rookie, but I like his long term prospects better than Burrow or Herbert. I feel like I know how those two end up. It’s more of an elimination process.

Love is the only quarterback whose situation is actually going to improve when he gets to the NFL. He’s a kid I feel like I’d love to coach.

Think I’ll ever hear about it if it don’t turn out?
I actually agree with you on this.
I watched Jordan Love open up the 2018 season in East Lansing and my first thought was “I guess Sparty isn’t going to have that good of a defense this year”. Turns out they had a great defense (albeit to compliment a grade school level offense), but Love really was just that good, and I started following Utah State football the rest of the season. They were fun to watch and I thought this was a QB who could make something happen every time he had the ball in his hands.
I like Love at 5 as long as he has time to sit (and barring some pretty major catastrophes) he would be able to do that here. When it comes to comparing him to Herbert, I see Love as a guy who gets critiqued for forcing throws and taking too many risks, while Herbert is a guy who seems more indecisive, holds onto the ball too long and checks down too often. I’d rather have the guy who takes risks to make thing s happen.

I was just watching a highlight reel. He puts it up into tight coverage a lot and lets the WR make a play. I'm not sure if that's something to worry about or if it's exactly the kind of guts we need. We all saw Preston and Parker shine because Fitz wasn't afraid to put it up. You'd think his highlight reel wouldn't show so many throws where you go, "Wow. That was a close one."

What I noticed in said reel is that he is great at scanning the field. He keeps his head on a swivel. Almost every play you can see him look left to right or vice versa- like that a lot. And for better or worse, he makes his decision and let's it fly. There is zero hesitation. I like that as well.

Burrow had a dynamic Sr year and a poor Jr. year.

holy **** man, a poor jr year?
LSU went 10-3 playing in the SEC and beat 5 ranked teams.
burrow only had 16 tds but he only threw 5 ints in 379 attempts.

if that is a poor year, words cannot describe jordan love's senior season fail.

Travel back to 1983 and be sure to tell that to the teams who passed on Marino that year. Most of them thought he wasn’t worth the risk.

Travel back to the very early 80s and see what fans, GMs, sports experts thought of Marino, he had Andrew Luck type hype.

The reason he went so low was not because of how he looked in that final season, it was the drug rumors.

There is no comparison between Marino and love...Sorry. If you think there is, then let me know how great he was in 2020 next year.

holy **** man, a poor jr year?
LSU went 10-3 playing in the SEC and beat 5 ranked teams.
burrow only had 16 tds but he only threw 5 ints in 379 attempts.

if that is a poor year, words cannot describe jordan love's senior season fail.

Winning is a pointless barometer when discussing college QBs. Good schools will win no matter what, regardless of the QB. Joe Burrow looked like every other LSU qb...just there, try not to lose it.

Joe Brady comes in and boom he is 10 times better. The opposite happen to Jordan Love...after his sophomore season...everyone left.

Now lets discuss that Burrow has had top notch coaching at two different schools...LSU is senior year and his three years at OSU. I'm pretty sure he is getting much better instruction then ol Love.

Finally...Joe is two full years older, and by the time he finally got a chance to start (4th year)...that will be Love's rookie season in the NFL.

Burrow is going to be the number one pick, but lets not act like Joe has been this great QB for two years, because I saw plenty of site, and pundits with Love as a first round pick, and ol Burrow wasn't even mentioned.

I'm not even a fan of Love's. but I'm also going to understand situation of each of the players and its potential impact on their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom