****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travel back to the very early 80s and see what fans, GMs, sports experts thought of Marino, he had Andrew Luck type hype.

The reason he went so low was not because of how he looked in that final season, it was the drug rumors.

There is no comparison between Marino and love...Sorry. If you think there is, then let me know how great he was in 2020 next year.
I’ll wait until 2021 to do so if it’s all the same to you.

Interesting bit from Peter King's Football Morning in America column.

I told one GM about Ross’ comments. This is a GM who is seeking quarterback help this spring. This GM doesn’t agree with Ross about Love; the GM is lukewarm about Love off the field and thinks he’s careless on the field. (Love was cited for marijuana possession the week before Utah State’s bowl games this year, which some teams care about and some don’t. The charge was later dropped.)

I heard similar concerns from Brady Quinn on the MMQB podcast with Albert Breer about two months back.

Also this:

Had no idea John Beck was Herberts QB coach....

I'm not sure it's the same John Beck. There is a HS coach in Oregon with the same name.

Grant has hired long-time Southern Oregon-based John Beck as its head football coach to replace Randy Heath, who resigned in March.
Beck resigned his position at Crater following the 2016 season after leading the Comets program for 13 years. Crater won four league titles and reached the Class 5A playoff semifinals in 2015 during Beck's tenure.

John Beck, the former Dolphins qb, might not make a bad coach. Just because a player doesn't have a great pro career doesn't mean he can't coach.

Some of the best coaches and teachers are guys who flamed out at a sport, most of them had to grind to get as far as they did. Building knowledge of the position and game as a whole. Guy humble enough to admit where he went wrong and teach a person up and coming is a true talent.

If i recall mechanically and footwork wise Beck was pretty solid

Very true but remember Tua had a fine hip the year prior so it’s hard to lock in on one of those not knowing what this year will bring, brutal sport injuries happen.
Totally agree, I don't think you lock in on any specific QB either. Here my concern: If Tua gets picked at #5 by the Phins, I am good with the risk. To give up multiple first-rounders for someone with his injury history would be a HUGE risk. I realize brutal sports injuries happen, with Tua it has already happened.

In addition, I imagine if Tua is the pick the Dolphins will slow play him. If he plays at all it will most likely not be until the very end of the season. If that is the case then the Dolphins still will not know what they have. This would set the Dolphins back even further if Tua does not work out. That would be bad enough, throw in that he cost multiple picks and it cripples them even more. I say let the draft come to the Dolphins. I am good with Tua, but going all-in with multiple picks for him.

"We shouldn't trade up this year from 5 to get a top 2 QB because it'll be too expensive, so let's trade up next year from below 5 with less picks to get a top 2 QB."
Don't know where we will be picking next year or where the Houston pick will be. I am not even sure who will be the top two QBs. It appears Lawrence and Fields are the best bets, but as I mentioned Burrow was a surprise this year. There most likely will be another next year. My point is let the draft come to the Dolphins. Don't sell the farm. If Tua is there at #5 great, if not move on. The Dolphins have the draft capital to move next year as well they are in a good spot.

Totally agree, I don't think you lock in on any specific QB either. Here my concern: If Tua gets picked at #5 by the Phins, I am good with the risk. To give up multiple first-rounders for someone with his injury history would be a HUGE risk. I realize brutal sports injuries happen, with Tua it has already happened.

In addition, I imagine if Tua is the pick the Dolphins will slow play him. If he plays at all it will most likely not be until the very end of the season. If that is the case then the Dolphins still will not know what they have. This would set the Dolphins back even further if Tua does not work out. That would be bad enough, throw in that he cost multiple picks and it cripples them even more. I say let the draft come to the Dolphins. I am good with Tua, but going all-in with multiple picks for him.

I agree.

It almost looks like this years draft was set up with a lot of picks so the draft can come to us, along with some trades if they turn out to be exceptionally good deals.

Did Grier do this on purpose?

In addition, I imagine if Tua is the pick the Dolphins will slow play him. If he plays at all it will most likely not be until the very end of the season. If that is the case then the Dolphins still will not know what they have. This would set the Dolphins back even further if Tua does not work out. That would be bad enough, throw in that he cost multiple picks and it cripples them even more.

Also, right now Miami has NO o-line to protect him; they all need to be replaced. Since Grier didn't do anything to rebuild the o-line with competent players for 2019, that means that he still has a line to build heading into 2020. If he couldn't be bothered to fix at least half of the line for 2019, I can't see him rebuilding the entire line for 2020. It will take years before any Miami QB will have protection and a running game to help them... especially an already injured QB!

And, I read that Love is good with the short pass, but not very accurate going deep. Is this true? If so, I'd pass on Love. Miami tried that short pass based nonsense before, and without the threat of going deep they were terrible!

A Jordan love super thread is like having super diarrhoea. Dear God I can only pray he does not end up in Miami.

Me too. That would be the death knell for this franchise. I really hope Ross, Grier, and Flores don't sell out to that portion of the fan base who wants that type of QB.

I'm not sure it's the same John Beck. There is a HS coach in Oregon with the same name.

Grant has hired long-time Southern Oregon-based John Beck as its head football coach to replace Randy Heath, who resigned in March.
Beck resigned his position at Crater following the 2016 season after leading the Comets program for 13 years. Crater won four league titles and reached the Class 5A playoff semifinals in 2015 during Beck's tenure.

It's the same one. See second paragraph. Beck works for a coaching outfit called 3DQB. I see Tom House works for them too. House is a PhD that was a MLB pitcher and has worked with MLB players for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom