****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually see any of the top 6 QB's doing well in the NFL if their in the right system. With Gailey, I see atleast 4 of these guys doing well for us to include Love. I actually think Rosen will do well as well. As long as their footwork is good they can be good. The play making aspects seem to be more
Tua, Love and Hurts. Burrows and Herbert need good protection, with Herbert the more athletic of those two.

I can actually see any of the top 6 QB's doing well in the NFL if their in the right system. With Gailey, I see atleast 4 of these guys doing well for us to include Love. I actually think Rosen will do well as well. As long as their footwork is good they can be good. The play making aspects seem to be more
Tua, Love and Hurts. Burrows and Herbert need good protection, with Herbert the more athletic of those two.
I can agree with that assessment, with the elephant in the room being Tua's durability concerns.

I may be in the minority, but I see Burrow as maybe having the lowest ceiling of those you mentioned.

20 TDs 17 INTs, while playing for Utah State. I’m not seeing the 1st round hype. I’m not seeing any hype actually. His numbers aren’t much different than the QBs projected to go undrafted
I would rather we trade up for Tua. but you shouldn't ignore his 2018 stats and tape nor the changes at Utah state between 2018 and 2019.
CKP has detailed these changes. if we miss Tua and Love falls to 18, I would take him there

There are 4 first round QBs in my mind, all of whom I would understand if we took at 5 for varying reasons. Tua and Burrow, need no explanation, if either are there wherever we end up picking with 1a, you run that card up there.

Herbert's got everything you would like to see in a QB from a physical standpoint, he's a great kid too, won the academic Heisman so he's ultra smart. But like he's a diamond in the rough and needs serious polishing, can he learn to throw with anticipation, can he quit making bad decisions and can he learn to take a little of the ball when touch is required.

Love's 2018 tape is sensational, it really is, he lost a lot of talent on an already talent thin team last season along with a new coaching staff. He was guilty of forcing the situation a little too often so he takes some portion of the blame for the 2019 season but he's still a fascinating prospect. Great arm, great off script, athletic and again like Herbert checks every box from a physical standpoint. As with Herbert he too is a diamond in the rough, but unlike Herbert I think he fits the kind of Chan Galley offense we'll see next year.

If Both Tua and Burrow are gone and we couldn't get up to take one of them, I would have no issue at all in picking either one of Love or Herbert (in that order) at 5. Bringing him in for a visit, is absolutely the right thing to do here, I don't believe it is a smoke screen but I do believe it's not plan A, If think we all really know what that is at this point.

I'd actually be more worried if they didn't have him for a visit. I want no part of him and teams use these visits as smokescreens all the time. In fact, I don't think Ravens even had Lamar Jackson there for a visit the year they drafted him, although I could be wrong about this.

I hate to be the breaker of bad news but: I think we're screwed at QB this year. Justin Herbert is the only legit option, but i dont see him as Tom Brady.

20 TDs 17 INTs, while playing for Utah State. I’m not seeing the 1st round hype. I’m not seeing any hype actually. His numbers aren’t much different than the QBs projected to go undrafted
Have to look beyond the stats. He has many physical traits scouts like, with very good arm strength. His numbers during 2018 were much better. With that being said, I wouldn’t want him at 5. But like many people here have stated, he won’t be there late 1st round.

Have to look beyond the stats. He has many physical traits scouts like, with very good arm strength. His numbers during 2018 were much better. With that being said, I wouldn’t want him at 5. But like many people here have stated, he won’t be there late 1st round.
Stat scouting is the absolute worst thing you can do to completely like /dislike a prospect. Love is not my first QB in this draft and if we choose him at 18 I'd feel much better. He is not Mahomes but those traits exist, he tried to do waaaayyyy to much given all the turnover this year, watch the year before tapes (good and the bad) and you'll see he has plenty of talent.

I wouldn't let him touch the field for a year at least. He's not as bad a QB as some are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom