****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
At no 5 no way but like Mach2 said earlier a drop down in a trade gets you Love and another 1st to go with the other 2 1st rounders. 4 1st's is not the worst idea for this team con-siding the number of holes we have.

Burrow/Tua are top 5 locks, and one of Love/Herbert will likely go to the Chargers at 6. I think the floor for QB4 in this draft is 13 (Indy) or 14 (TB). However, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all 4 guys go in the top 10. Actually find it the likely scenario. Teams will move up.

I don't know how far you can move down and be comfortable in landing Love if he's absolutely your guy. If he is their guy then they're better off just taking him at 5. Again, not my preference.

Jordan Love absolutely petrifies me but at the same time intrigues me. His strengths are those off script type plays and Miami has never really had anyone who excels making things happen. He’s so raw though and when have we ever taken a super raw prospect and developed them into a high caliber player. But in a year we tore apart a roster to get a high pick, with 3 first round picks if we take the ultimate boom or bust prospect It would be a disappointment.

Love has some great tools but what scares me is the fact he's just not accurate and you can't really teach that. You can help an accurate passer become more accurate but it's hard to turn a QB into one.

Jordan Love QB, College Player

Dolphins hosted Utah State QB Jordan Love for a visit.

Love will be in contact with just about every NFL team looking for a quarterback this offseason, but it's notable that the Dolphins rushed him in for a visit before the league further implements precaution surrounding the coronavirus. Teams will have to adjust their pre-draft visits, which could mean far fewer in-person meetings with prospects. Love is projected to be a Day 1 selection and Miami has three first round picks, so it's no surprise to see the two linked.

Related:

Source: Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports

Mar 13, 2020, 3:31 PM ET

Is it my imagination, or does this guy Love resemble Rosen?

He seems to struggle seeing the underneath defenders.
I'm not advocating for or against him but watch some of the drops his receivers had too, people looking at stats are missing a few things. He forced a lot of throws trying to make the big play, He made bad decisions a lot but His underneath passing is not as putrid as I first thought. Darwin Thompson (pasting again) said :

"I know exactly why he struggled this year," Thompson told CBSSports.com on Monday. "A lot of things have changed. He lost his O-line. He had (running back) Gerold Bright, and we were a 1-2 punch when I was there. He lost his receivers. He had O-line leaving, the coaches leaving -- it was a whole different offense. They were trying to keep it the same, but it wasn't the same coaching techniques or whatever you want to call it."

I think he will be solid with the chance to be great. There are too many "if's" for a top 15 pick, let alone 5. BUT I can squint and see someone gambling early.

Burrow/Tua are top 5 locks, and one of Love/Herbert will likely go to the Chargers at 6. I think the floor for QB4 in this draft is 13 (Indy) or 14 (TB). However, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all 4 guys go in the top 10. Actually find it the likely scenario. Teams will move up.

I don't know how far you can move down and be comfortable in landing Love if he's absolutely your guy. If he is their guy then they're better off just taking him at 5. Again, not my preference.

I'm thinking may be the Raiders may bite with 12/19 for 5 and possibly some thing else.
That gets you a chance at a QB, OT, DE/LB or RB/CB think the last two, a good one will still be available in the 2nd R. Also 2nd R a centre but with the release of Kilgore the Fins must have some thing up their sleeve most likely FA.

He is the only possible selection I'm hoping is a smoke screen.

Or maybe, just maybe Our scouts/coaches are doing what we all want them to do and take a close look at everyone to make the best decision for the most important position. AKA Due diligence? Or are we just wasting everyones time just to "throw off" true intentions? That's ridiculous.
#pleasestopwithsmokescreennonsence
#duedillegence #itskindaimportanttogetthisright

Or maybe, just maybe Our scouts/coaches are doing what we all want them to do and take a close look at everyone to make the best decision for the most important position. AKA Due diligence? Or are we just wasting everyones time just to "throw off" true intentions? That's ridiculous.
#pleasestopwithsmokescreennonsence
#duedillegence #itskindaimportanttogetthisright
Due diligence and smoke screens go hand in hand.
If you don't believe teams bring in players they have absolutely no intention of signing you would be mistaken.

Good job to get this in before the shut down.

I don’t know if a visit means a actual workout but considering the pro day hasn’t happened yet I doubt it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom