****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 TDs 17 INTs, while playing for Utah State. I’m not seeing the 1st round hype. I’m not seeing any hype actually. His numbers aren’t much different than the QBs projected to go undrafted

He didn't have much around him his final year at Utah State. He may turn out to be a good NFL QB. he's just very raw. My concerns with him are character/decision making (off-field) . That may get better as long as he matures. He was cited for marijuana possession prior to the USU bowl game. He claims total innocence. However, police were greeted with a strong smell of marijuana. Those present tested positive for THC. The matter was later dropped. Even if he wasn't smoking and had no marijuana on him, the fact he let himself be in a situation that could have cost him that much shows woeful decision making.

He didn't have much around him his final year at Utah State. He may turn out to be a good NFL QB. he's just very raw. My concerns with him are character/decision making (off-field) . That may get better as long as he matures. He was cited for marijuana possession prior to the USU bowl game. He claims total innocence. However, police were greeted with a strong smell of marijuana. Those present tested positive for THC. The matter was later dropped. Even if he wasn't smoking and had no marijuana on him, the fact he let himself be in a situation that could have cost him that much shows woeful decision making.
If smoking marijuana is gonna be a deal breaker for you... I have some bad news, 99% of these kids smoke marijuana. Welcome to 2020.

If smoking marijuana is gonna be a deal breaker for you... I have some bad news, 99% of these kids smoke marijuana. Welcome to 2020.

I understand, I like to partake myself but this is the face of your franchise. The leader, how many QB’s in the league are nailed with weed?

Well at least it wasn't the purple drank...

I understand, I like to partake myself but this is the face of your franchise. The leader, how many QB’s in the league are nailed with weed?
I can see both sides of this debate.

Personally, I think weed should be legal for several reasons, but there are still ppl that equate smoking with shooting up. It could certainly have a negative effect on the fan base.

On the other hand, I think a vast majority realize that it isn't that big of a deal.

The problem really comes if he ends up testing positive, and your leader misses time due to suspension.

We trade up 3 or 4 for Tua imo or we sit at 5 and take Love.

Gambling to trade down and still get even Love is problematic we have the Chargers right behind us at 6th and Indy a little later both hungry QB teams.

Gambling to trade down and still get even Love is problematic we have the Chargers right behind us at 6th and Indy a little later both hungry QB teams.
I'm dead set against trading up for that M.A.S.H. unit.

Mine, too, at this point. Head to head I’d take him over Herbert. And I’d take his value at 5 over Tua at 2 or 3 plus the cost to move up.
Just my opinion, but if the QB at 2 or 3 is better than the QB at 5 then now way is the QB at 5 better value.

It's the QB position. The better QB is the better value.

Mine, too, at this point. Head to head I’d take him over Herbert. And I’d take his value at 5 over Tua at 2 or 3 plus the cost to move up.
I'm not sure "value" is as important at QB, as other positions.

Either you believe in what the guy can be, or you don't.

Not an endorsement by any means, but if you believe in Love, more than Herbert, for example, you take him at 5.

If you don't "believe" in either one, don't reach.

I'm dead set against trading up for that M.A.S.H. unit.
Brett Favre drafted 33rd OA by ATL in 1991 was nearly killed in a vehicle in 1990 - He was a Living M.A.S.H. Unit.

Do you think it would have been worth the picks to move up and draft him?

You probably have concerns about his INTs and kiss the point

In theory Indianapolis could pass on a QB, if the sign Philip Rivers in F/A as expected. They'd be able to put off selecting a QB in the 1st round. Especially, since they have, a starting type QB as a backup to Rivers already on the roster and making starters salary.

I take Simmons at 5 and trade 2x later #1's up for Love, if that's the guy they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom