****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take Simmons at 5 and trade 2x later #1's up for Love, if that's the guy they want.
I could see it. Not my choice of QBs, but I wouldn't bitch, unless it ended up being a disaster a few years down the road.

I know that seems like hindsight complaining, but i see at as an evaluation failure.

We all have our differing opinions, but we aren't paid huge amounts of $ for our skills at judging players, nor do most of us have the time to be as thorough as they should be.

I saw a mock saying we would pick Love over Tua. I imagine people would freak here.

If people love Love for his arm so much, why not just go with Jacob Eason? Eason has arm and precision.
Love is more mobile than Eason. His skills are actually very enticing.

Not sure he's great at using his eyes, something Tua is particularly good at. Certainly hes more of a project than you'd want in the first round, but who knows. Its so much about coaching.

Due diligence and smoke screens go hand in hand.
If you don't believe teams bring in players they have absolutely no intention of signing you would be mistaken.

Just to waste everyones time? Yeah I believe that. That's a great way to keep a job.

I could see it. Not my choice of QBs, but I wouldn't bitch, unless it ended up being a disaster a few years down the road.

I know that seems like hindsight complaining, but i see at as an evaluation failure.

We all have our differing opinions, but we aren't paid huge amounts of $ for our skills at judging players, nor do most of us have the time to be as thorough as they should be.

I reserve my right to bitch for any reason, or no reason whatsoever!

Just my opinion, but if the QB at 2 or 3 is better than the QB at 5 then now way is the QB at 5 better value.

It's the QB position. The better QB is the better value.
I respect your opinion. Maybe it’s just that my name is AdamD and I was born on the 13th so your screen name speaks to me. But I feel like what Love brings to the table at his best is something we could really build around. So while I wouldn’t put him on the same level as a Tua without the health concerns, I feel like having him in a situation to sit and learn and using those other prime pieces we could be landing in this draft to build something around him outweighs the value that Tua brings without having all of those pieces. But I’m basically in a good position because I’ll be ecstatic whichever way we go. I just really get excited over what I think Love could do under Flores and Gailey.

Just to waste everyones time? Yeah I believe that. That's a great way to keep a job.
Hey board blake and i seem to disagree and i honestly would like other opinions. Does anyone else think teams bring in althlete they have no intention of signing? I fully believe they do. Thoughts?

Here's the big question as I look at the quarterback picture. I see Burrow, Tua and then a dropoff. I think Herbert is #3 and Love probably #4. Is there that big of a difference between Love and Hurts, who would be next on my list?

Hurts could seemingly be had for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Love top 10? Miami could perhaps get Okudah, Simmons or Brown at that #5 spot if they don't go quarterback. Is there more value getting one of those guys and then drafting Hurts later?

Brett Favre drafted 33rd OA by ATL in 1991 was nearly killed in a vehicle in 1990 - He was a Living M.A.S.H. Unit.

Do you think it would have been worth the picks to move up and draft him?

You probably have concerns about his INTs and kiss the point

What happened to Favre's hip in the vehicle accident that almost killed him?

Ironically, the extent of Tua's hip injury was equal to him being in the car with Favre on that fateful day and getting the worse of it.

For the record, when the draft came with Favre...he was nothing to write home about, which is why he was drafted in the position he was. Tua hasn't played one NFL game and he gets his ass chapped on here daily by Phans' kisses.

What happened to Favre's hip in the vehicle accident that almost killed him?

Ironically, the extent of Tua's hip injury was equal to him being in the car with Favre on that fateful day and getting the worse of it.

For the record, when the draft came with Favre...he was nothing to write home about, which is why he was drafted in the position he was. Tua hasn't played one NFL game and he gets his *** chapped on here daily by Phans' kisses.

Yah he was terrible that is Why GB moved heaven and earth to swing a trade for him - facepalm

Hey board blake and i seem to disagree and i honestly would like other opinions. Does anyone else think teams bring in althlete they have no intention of signing? I fully believe they do. Thoughts?

Yes!

They call someone in so they can learn something about that player that they can use if that player becomes a future opponent or eventually becomes available for us via trade or just dumb luck during the draft.

As far as smoke screens - BS. Our coaches may not mind letting our opponents guess (wildly) at our intentions, but chances to talk to or observe a player are probably just that. Look how crazy the board goes over potentially getting or not getting any given player.

Smoke Screens are for fans on boards. The coaches have too much work to do remaking a small or large part of the team each year.

With so many draftees to have to evaluate, I put smokescreen interviews out there with the likes of Big Foot.

I'm all in on spreading rumors full of misinformation but going through the trouble of bringing in a prospect for a mere psych-out is far fetched.

Like it or not, the interest in Love is real and I don't know why it should come as any surprise. We should be interested in all the QBs.

With so many draftees to have to evaluate, I put smokescreen interviews out there with the likes of Big Foot.

I'm all in on spreading rumors full of misinformation but going through the trouble of bringing in a prospect for a mere psych-out is far fetched.

Like it or not, the interest in Love is real and I don't know why it should come as any surprise. We should be interested in all the QBs.

Especially true in this situation where we may not get another interviewee through our doors before draft day.

It makes me laugh that some don't believe teams will interview with no real intentions.
Just like FAs use one team to drive up thier contract negoiation with another. When they never intend on signing...in...miami....
Just like the Rooney rule.
You guys really don't think this goes both ways???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom