Jordan trade to Philly? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan trade to Philly?

thaemcee2

B.A.M.F. 0321
Reaction score
After hearing of all the transactions that Chip Kelly is doing to get his former Oregon players, and given the fact that they released Trent Cole, they now have a void to fill at OLB...plus ya add in the fact that last year rumors swirled that they were considering trading Jordan to Philly...I think there is a decent shot if Miami wants to get rid of him (which I don't like the idea of) and now is the time esp. if Philly does not adress their OLB spot in FA...again, I like him and want to keep him around but I think he is best suited as OLB in a 3-4...maybe we could get some later round draft picks...am I crazy?

We still don't know what we have in Jordan except the fact he is an excellent athlete for a big man. Let's figure it out before we dump him for a 5th round pick.

I have thought about this and posted.

If a trade down could happen in 1st round for us it would be Philly IMO and we could make Jordan part of that to get like their 2nd and one of their 5th rounders and that would be good for me because this draft is the one we need to score on post suh. And Jordan's salary comes off the books.

Not players in 2016? too much can happen.

agreed shank i would hope we dont trade him but if we supposedly attempted it last year than its certainly possible...i just hope we would get more than 5th rounder...plus ya gotta consider Philly is prob trying to stack up picks if they go for Mariotta...
yeah I think this draft is gonna have a ton of movement..I don't expect us to stay at our current spot but theres still a whole lotta time before the draft and much depends on the SUH

Phl isn't going to lose picks because they're most likely using those to move up and get Mariota.

Give Jordan one of the OLB spots and let him stay there. I am willing for him to screw the pooch for half the season as long as he gets better each week.
He is a unique talent. Put him at OLB. He could be a star in the making.

Give Jordan one of the OLB spots and let him stay there. I am willing for him to screw the pooch for half the season as long as he gets better each week.

thats the thing Langer we dont run the 3-4 really where we could line him up as a OLB.....I think he is best suited for that stand up edge rushing OLB spot on a 3-4...I just dont see him as a Sam LB in our 4-3 he is too tall and would not do well against opposing OL at the point of attack against the run...in fact he initially struggled against the run as a DE here..

Perhaps if this were Philbin's 2nd year, but with Joe's clenched ass in the hot seat, I don't think you're going to see him willing to put a sub-par Jordan on the field in a starting position for which he's thus far shown little affinity.

I agree. Play him in space... Trading him to Philly is the absolute last straw

After hearing of all the transactions that Chip Kelly is doing to get his former Oregon players, and given the fact that they released Trent Cole, they now have a void to fill at OLB...plus ya add in the fact that last year rumors swirled that they were considering trading Jordan to Philly...I think there is a decent shot if Miami wants to get rid of him (which I don't like the idea of) and now is the time esp. if Philly does not adress their OLB spot in FA...again, I like him and want to keep him around but I think he is best suited as OLB in a 3-4...maybe we could get some later round draft picks...am I crazy?

Philly isn't going to give us any high draft picks for Jordan because they will be saving them for a possible trade up for an Oregon player Kelly loves... Mariota

I would prefer we put him at SLB and leave him there....but I could see this happening.

I would give them 14 and Jordan......take 20 and their 2nd and 3rd rounder.

That would be 5 valuable picks we could load up on our needs....Draft Kendricks at 20......and use the four picks in rounds two and three on a receiver, corner, guard and runningback.

Assuming of course we get Suh.

I have thought about this and posted.

If a trade down could happen in 1st round for us it would be Philly IMO and we could make Jordan part of that to get like their 2nd and one of their 5th rounders and that would be good for me because this draft is the one we need to score on post suh. And Jordan's salary comes off the books.

Not players in 2016? too much can happen.

Yeah I agree. With our lack of any good lbs other than jenkins, we should throw him in at olb for an entire season. Sink or swim buddy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we take a huge cap hit even if we trade Jordan? I think it's about a $6.5 million cap hit if we trade him, same as if we cut him.

Back
Top Bottom